Superprime1
#501 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:36:39 AM

rwitre wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ngapat wrote:
Kenya Power Board appoints Eng. Jared Otieno as the Acting MD following the suspension of Ken Tarus. Otieno has worked at KPLC for more than 30 years and was the immediate former Manager in charge of Streetlighting Project.

Congratulations to Eng Jared Otieno

Kwanini mtu wetu ametoka. ...iam waiting for such bullshit.

Handshake

Kenya Power Board will advertise the CEO position in 'The Economist' only to confirm Eng Jared Otieno in 3 months.

Blackout in court for ex-KPLC bosses court date...The irony Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The irony! (The 'power men' are so corrupt that even power fears them.)

It's time that this monopoly is stopped in its tracks. That will help it rev up or fade into oblivion. Competition should help it cease being a cash-cow for politicians.
mlennyma
#502 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:13:12 AM

Superprime1 wrote:
rwitre wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
obiero wrote:
ngapat wrote:
Kenya Power Board appoints Eng. Jared Otieno as the Acting MD following the suspension of Ken Tarus. Otieno has worked at KPLC for more than 30 years and was the immediate former Manager in charge of Streetlighting Project.

Congratulations to Eng Jared Otieno

Kwanini mtu wetu ametoka. ...iam waiting for such bullshit.

Handshake

Kenya Power Board will advertise the CEO position in 'The Economist' only to confirm Eng Jared Otieno in 3 months.

Blackout in court for ex-KPLC bosses court date...The irony Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The irony! (The 'power men' are so corrupt that even power fears them.)

It's time that this monopoly is stopped in its tracks. That will help it rev up or fade into oblivion. Competition should help it cease being a cash-cow for politicians.

From top to bottom its corruption in this company
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#503 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:11:23 PM

The Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/...dM&feature=youtu.be

Keter's words and demeanor seems to indicate he supports the suspended/arrested managers!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Angelica _ann
#504 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:22:32 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

Keter's words and demeanor seems to indicate he ate with the suspended/arrested managers!

smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#505 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:25:10 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

Keter's words and demeanor seems to indicate he ate with the suspended/arrested managers!

smile

Absolutely
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Superprime1
#506 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:36:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

Keter's words and demeanor seems to indicate he supports the suspended/arrested managers!

Oh my! He betrays it all. How can he even dare say the country has lost the best engineers when they are in the dock for one of the most heinous of crimes: corruption?
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly He's totally devastated that his cronies are in court, while he thinks they've done a great job (of stealing)! Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
mlennyma
#507 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:55:04 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

if jubilee succession is as we know, we are done incase they succeed
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Angelica _ann
#508 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:02:01 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

I was more amused than surprised by his language and he is such a young guy - relatively. His tap has been suspended for the time being.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kawi254
#509 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:40:10 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

I was more amused than surprised by his language and he is such a young guy - relatively. His tap has been suspended for the time being.

For Kenya Power, they have so much debt from IMF/World Bank/IFC who i believe are the ones putting pressure for action by asking questions on their money being miss-appropriated...
Ericsson
#510 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:16:17 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

For Kenya Power, they have so much debt from IMF/World Bank/IFC who i believe are the ones putting pressure for action by asking questions on their money being miss-appropriated...

The borrowings/debt is huge.They need to start reducing it very fast
kayhara
#511 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:53:53 AM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

Just watched that, why the need to emphasize on interim team for 3 months and can be changed, he clearly did not approve of the new team,most guys in the interim team have been with KP for years, if they are clean I would love to see UK push for their confirmation and spite keter
To Each His Own
mwekez@ji
#512 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:29:06 AM

Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

The gearing level is acceptable. Debt to Equity ratio is 1.8:1
mwekez@ji
#513 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:34:47 AM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
Stiffler wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ODPP has asked DCI to arrest KPLC management, employees, contractors and suppliers.

Really...!?
Thats too broad. How many employees does kplc have. How many suppliers or contractors..?!

I think I need anticipatory bail

I hope u can see the investment opportunity.. Sasa KPLC's PE was like 2 or 3 before this saga....Very soon it will be between 0 and 1.

You have a crystal ball my friend and strong courage to go against the wind. I admire the way that has made you money in ARM
mulla
#514 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:47:01 AM

kayhara wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

Just watched that, why the need to emphasize on interim team for 3 months and can be changed, he clearly did not approve of the new team,most guys in the interim team have been with KP for years, if they are clean I would love to see UK push for their confirmation and spite keter

https://www.standardmedi...r-over-kenya-power-case
Uhuru should re-deploy this guy to drive home the seriousness of the fight on corruption....
Ericsson
#515 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:02:47 AM

kayhara wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

The people don't come from his tribe
jgithige
#516 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:18:11 AM

mulla wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

https://www.standardmedi...r-over-kenya-power-case
Uhuru should re-deploy this guy to drive home the seriousness of the fight on corruption....

Political appointees, remember cs keter was a senator and was compelled by dp to resign and takeover from the former Davis chirchir who was hounded out on corruption allegation. We can all see this steeplechase appointments. Now keter is crying baby that his best team has been taken. If I were Uhuru this Friday Keter angejua hajua. Dci then muthaiga pap Hadi Monday kortini. I understand some of his area mpigs are making noise on Friday arrests.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
VituVingiSana
#517 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:32:02 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

KQ's gearing was also OK in 2012 on "paper" but then the losses started eating away at the equity. BTW, KPLC did almost "die" about 10 years ago and then GoK intervened with a bailout and debt conversion.

A thorough audit on KPLC's books may show:
- Damaged transformers shown as "Inventory"
- Missing/Ghost transformers, poles, cables, etc
- Contingent liabilities converting to actual liabilities
- Increased Bad Debts vs provisions
- Unrecorded liabilities eg KenGen, IPPs, etc
- Billing fiasco

The entire process of cleaning up and recapitalizing KPLC may take 2-3 years.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#518 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:26:15 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
The Press Conference

smile

KQ's gearing was also OK in 2012 on "paper" but then the losses started eating away at the equity. BTW, KPLC did almost "die" about 10 years ago and then GoK intervened with a bailout and debt conversion.

A thorough audit on KPLC's books may show:
- Damaged transformers shown as "Inventory"
- Missing/Ghost transformers, poles, cables, etc
- Contingent liabilities converting to actual liabilities
- Increased Bad Debts vs provisions
- Unrecorded liabilities eg KenGen, IPPs, etc
- Billing fiasco

The entire process of cleaning up and recapitalizing KPLC may take 2-3 years.

No need of recapitalization,it just needs to reduce wastage,cleanup and reduce the borrowings/debt
murchr
#519 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 6:06:01 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ericsson
#520 Posted : Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:55:16 AM

murchr wrote:

Nothing will be done