Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

32 Pages«<2223242526>»
Kenya Power - what's the latest?
mlennyma
#461 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:19:21 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo]part of the huge liabilities of kenya power came from here.

https://mobile.nation.co...7642-h0bludz/index.html[/quote]
I cannot open the link...

its in today nation paper.You can try www.nation.co.ke/business news
No luck. Anyway, Gichuru was a crook BUT what's worse is that WE aren't doing anything about it. It was Jersey that went after him.

very sad to see the share with diarrhoea when quite a number are gaining
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ebenyo
#462 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:46:51 PM

mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

No luck. Anyway, Gichuru was a crook BUT what's worse is that WE aren't doing anything about it. It was Jersey that went after him.

the market is not happy about the negative cashflow of kshs 7bilion
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Fyatu
#463 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:59:06 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

A time to get greedyDrool . Remember if they charged every of their 6 millions strong customers an average of kshs. 1000 in two consecutive months they will reverse the negative cashflow. This one is my pension scheme.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#464 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:10:48 PM

I watched the investigative piece on KTN prime yesterday. The piece was about Kenya power and the high bills they been posting to customers. What caught my ears is that out of the 6 million plus customers - a whooping 4 millions plus are on prepaid. Meaning that eventually plundering this cash cow will be next to impossible with technology making everything transparent.
Ebenyo
#465 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:31:10 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

A time to get greedyDrool . Remember if they charged every of their 6 millions strong customers an average of kshs. 1000 in two consecutive months they will reverse the negative cashflow. This one is my pension scheme.

i agree with you @fyatu .The current price is a buy for those who got in at 12.Kenya power is an undervalued stock whose only weakness is Gok mismanagement.
Im still re-arranging my portfolio.Im yet to decide my core holding versus lesser holdings.I was buying randomly without any plan between 2015 and last year.
This year i decided to be very careful with my buying.Im a long term investor.
Can you pliz share your holdings in your portfolio.i know you have kenya power,ARM and the ill fated atlas(sorry for misfortune)

Fyatu
#466 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:53:30 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

i agree with you @fyatu .The current price is a buy for those who got in at 12.Kenya power is an undervalued stock whose only weakness is Gok mismanagement.
Im still re-arranging my portfolio.Im yet to decide my core holding versus lesser holdings.I was buying randomly without any plan between 2015 and last year.
Can you pliz share your holdings in your portfolio.i know you have kenya power,ARM and the ill fated atlas(sorry for misfortune)

Kenya power, TPSE, ARM, FTGH, Kapchorua, Liberty, ATLAS.

I sold HFCK and bought KCB early this year after having drinks with my broker who went on and on about how bullish she was with KCB. I bought KCB because of dividends and her(broker) advise. My strategy is dividends and a rich assets(think ARM factories, Kenya Power infrastructure, KCB cash, Kapchorua farms/forests etc).I also derive happiness when i go to my hotel(Mombasa Serena) on Friday evening to find a couple of governors,MPs, Senators and others spending lavishingly or seeing colleagues receiving bills from my utility(Kenya power) or even going to Naivas and head straight to the cosmetic section and ask the attendant whether she will recommend that i purchase Zoe shower gel or some other product etc.

I intend to buy Kengen and Safaricom(i dont care about price here) also as a retirement scheme.Offcourse i will continue buying Kenya power, TPS and Kapchorua and perhaps speculate more on FTGH and ARM. One thing i have learnt in my short years in this world is that accumulation = wealth. Huku Mombasa they have a saying that "Ukipanda pantosha, utavuna pankwisha. I want to be a situation where dividends are my subsistence and not the measly salary from my muhindi.
Ericsson
#467 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:58:33 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I sold HFCK and bought KCB early this year after having drinks with my broker who went on and on about how bullish she was with KCB. I bought KCB because of dividends and her(broker) advise. My strategy is dividends and a rich assets(think ARM factories, Kenya Power infrastructure, KCB cash, Kapchorua farms/forests etc).I also derive happiness when i go to my hotel(Mombasa Serena) on Friday evening to find a couple of governors,MPs, Senators and others spending lavishingly or seeing colleagues receiving bills from my utility(Kenya power) or even going to Naivas and head straight to the cosmetic section and ask the attendant whether she will recommend that i purchase Zoe shower gel or some other product etc.

I intend to buy Kengen and Safaricom(i dont care about price here) also as a retirement scheme.Offcourse i will continue buying Kenya power, TPS and Kapchorua and perhaps speculate more on FTGH and ARM. One thing i have learnt in my short years in this world is that accumulation = wealth. Huku Mombasa they have a saying that "Ukipanda pantosha, utavuna pankwisha. I want to be a situation where dividends are my subsistence and not the measly salary from my muhindi.

Have you looked at kenya power and ARM liabilities.
ARM is dead,people will be left with worthless shares.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Fyatu
#468 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:10:20 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I believe ARM total liabilities(yaani deni yote) liabilties = 23 billions Vs. Factories,limestone etc worth 51 billions and 1 billion shares trading at NSE.(fanya hesabu hapo kaka). As for Kenya power, just like SGR the liabilities are guaranteed by Gok(yaani mimi na wewe). CS Rotich told Kenyans that 2018/2019 GoK will allocate 680 billions of the budget to pay madeni meaning that the 120 billions Kenya power owes can be paid one off if GoK so wishes. Alternatively, Kenya power can charge all its 6 millions customers an average of 1000bob (ideal situation)for 40 consecutive months to pay debt and maintain operations at the same time..Another ideal situation is where Kenya power is auctioned to the highest bidder....i would imagine the millions of kilometers it has in terms of copper cables alone is enough to offset a huge chunk of the debt.If you throw in transformers,nguzo za concrete, substations,lorries, toolboxes etc mu-shaina can pay upto 1 trillion kenyan shillings asubuhi na mapema without blinking an eye
Ericsson
#469 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:25:16 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

I believe ARM total liabilities(yaani deni yote) liabilties = 23 billions Vs. Factories,limestone etc worth 51 billions and 1 billion shares trading at NSE.(fanya hesabu hapo kaka). As for Kenya power, just like SGR the liabilities are guaranteed by Gok(yaani mimi na wewe). CS Rotich told Kenyans that 2018/2019 GoK will allocate 680 billions of the budget to pay madeni meaning that the 120 billions Kenya power owes can be paid one off if GoK so wishes. Alternatively, Kenya power can charge all its 6 millions customers an average of 1000bob (ideal situation)for 40 consecutive months to pay debt and maintain operations at the same time..Another ideal situation is where Kenya power is auctioned to the highest bidder....i would imagine the millions of kilometers it has in terms of copper cables alone is enough to offset a huge chunk of the debt.If you throw in transformers,nguzo za concrete, substations,lorries, toolboxes etc mu-shaina can pay upto 1 trillion kenyan shillings asubuhi na mapema without blinking an eye

If things were like then we would all be millionaires,billionaires and if possible trillionaires
Fyatu
#470 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:41:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

If things were like then we would all be millionaires,billionaires and if possible trillionaires

We cannot all be billionaires,millionaires because some of us lack patience and understanding. Hii biashara sio complex as some of us would want everyone to believe.

If for example the law was changed(or katiba 2010 was followed to the later) and a competitor was allowed to supply electricity to say Nairobi county alone. How much will it cost to put up the infrastructure? What about for 24 out of 47 counties? How much will it cost to just install transmission lines alone?

Lets say that Kenya power was sold to a mo-shaina or mo-america or an Indian investor How much will say all the meters installed cost the buyer?

The only way to make money(become a billionaire) in the stock market is to identify rich assets selling cheap and accumulate as much as possible and hold for 50 years. This cannot be done by smart folk or everybody. It can only be done by the unasuming regular Joe next door who you sometime sneer with contempt when he is parking his jalopy.
Ericsson
#471 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:56:03 PM

@Fyatu
The problem with kenya power is poor management and a reputation for poor fundamental economics.
Fyatu
#472 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:13:17 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Fyatu
The problem with kenya power is poor management and a reputation for poor fundamental economics.

I totally agree with you @Ericsson. As we progress to the future, things can only get better or get worse. However, it has been said that hope is not an investment strategy...only time can prove us right or wrong. If only GoK will stop looking at state corporations as cash cows to be milked anyhow(read to oil govt. machinery to safeguard incumbency etc)
Stiffler
#473 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:16:26 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Waiter akupee whatever poison you partake in .... Remember to sort the bill on your way out though ...!
Ebenyo
#474 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 7:41:57 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

TPSE and kapchorua hizo ziko chonjo.
Dont put everything in stocks.Weka 30% kwa bonds alafu jaribu real estate na 25%.Wacha stocks ikuwe 45%.
That way you protect yourself from shocks.
What i was asking was percentage allocation in each of your holdings.
Kwa mfano:
Tpse-30% kenya power-20% kapchorua-15% ftgh-13% Liberty-12%
Atlas- 10%

Fyatu
#475 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:09:28 AM

@Ebenyo lets just say i am heavily invested in the market. They say you start by rearing chicken first(stocks), then goats(bonds) and finally cattle(quality real estate). I have adopted a systematic approach to wealth
Ebenyo
#476 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:32:13 PM

This new competition will be dangerous to kenya power.
https://www.businessdail...41034-sw7urmz/index.html
VituVingiSana
#477 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:18:39 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@Fyatu
What I fear is going to happen to KenRe... but back to KPLC. It has been bled dry by the group aligned with Godfather #1
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#478 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:59:04 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Fyatu
What I fear is going to happen to KenRe... but back to KPLC. It has been bled dry by the group aligned with Godfather #1

Filling the negative sh.7.7bn cash flow hole will be a tall order.
Add to that the amount they owe Kengen.
mlennyma
#479 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 10:54:41 AM

The only spoiler in my portfolio,where was i taking my crooked legs?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ebenyo
#480 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:53:12 PM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@Fyatu

Filling the negative sh.7.7bn cash flow hole will be a tall order.
Add to that the amount they owe Kengen.

Someone said Gok is waiting for eurobond 2 cash and will give some to kplc.They didnt pay for street lighting program which was a campaign propaganda.