mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Can never pay in time

Shame on you Shame on you EFTs arrived Thur 02 Feb 17

Received mine too..it was a pleasant surprisesmile smile

may be I should quit this cheque Analog way of payment

I was in your position last year, and it was very frustrating.I decided to change my CDS a/c details,and I have never being happier in respect to dividend payment.
Keane
#383 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 9:36:52 AM

So is there an upside coming from this story?

http://www.nation.co.ke/...04400-ss4d2m/index.html

The unpaid bills are more than the net profit! Hoping the collection is effective.
MadDoc
#384 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 11:05:52 AM

Keane wrote:

The unpaid bills are more than the net profit! Hoping the collection is effective.

It is most likely overstated and half of it may have to be written off. These guys last read my meter on June 2015, freaking June. To top it off, i'm just 50 metres from the main road.
Most guys know their average monthly bill, so you just pay it regardless of the inefficiencies.
When they remember to send your bill, they inflate it to over 5 times.
I previously had KPLC stock but dumped it all. INEFFICIENCY!!!
mlennyma
#385 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 1:33:21 PM

moneydust wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Can never pay in time

Are there EFT charges?if yes who foots the bill?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#386 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 1:34:30 PM

mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Can never pay in time

Are there EFT charges?if yes who foots the bill?

Wewe
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#387 Posted : Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:03:39 PM

Keane wrote:

Read this story and realized I had a few "ancient" [bonus] shares left. Some original shares are still in certificate (KE Pounds) format. Sold off the "dematerialized" shares.

2017 is the year of the clean-up. I might as well sell these "orphans" and buy KK.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mlennyma
#388 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 2:43:13 PM

The latest is that kenya power and kengen share prices have met at 6.55 being kenya powers all time low,one day this post will look like a dream but the planting season continues, plant so that you have something to harvest when the tide changes....i intend to buy 200k shares kpc from this point
Ebenyo
#389 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 5:31:08 PM

Kenya power and kengen can only be good when they pay consistent dividends.Last year kengen paid nothing while recently kenya power failed to pay usual interim dividend.This means dividend is inconsistent.Kengen literally lied to shareholders.Idont know about kenya power,what was the reason for failure to pay interim?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#390 Posted : Monday, March 13, 2017 5:38:56 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Kenya power and kengen can only be good when they pay consistent dividends.Last year kengen paid nothing while recently kenya power failed to pay usual interim dividend.This means dividend is inconsistent.Kengen literally lied to shareholders.Idont know about kenya power,what was the reason for failure to pay interim?

Failing to pay interim is not a big issue,but failing to pay a final will be an issue to interogate however iam purely looking for capital gains here exit being above 15 in one year or less
heri
#391 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:51:12 AM

mlennyma wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Failing to pay interim is not a big issue,but failing to pay a final will be an issue to interogate however iam purely looking for capital gains here exit being above 15 in one year or less

100% return in one year ? How is that possible in the prevailing bear market that seems to have no end
watesh
#392 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 11:09:41 AM

Ebenyo wrote:

Spent 16bn in transmission infrastructure, cashflows went down 93% hence no money for dividends.
mlennyma
#393 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:05:02 PM

heri wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

100% return in one year ? How is that possible in the prevailing bear market that seems to have no end

very many investors are stuck above 10 so let me join them but being better of
Elephant Man
#394 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:36:47 PM

I've noticed in parts of Nairobi (along Ngong Road, Riara Road, Gitanga Road), there has been recent activity over the last six or so months of installing street lighting with concrete posts - mind you this same exercise was carried out with steel posts less than two or three years ago, and most of them are still in-situ in tip top condition - a situation that is probably replicated around the city if not the country, so somebody else is the beneficiary of the 'dividend'...
maka
#395 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:43:15 PM

Elephant Man wrote:
I've noticed in parts of Nairobi (along Ngong Road, Riara Road, Gitanga Road), there has been recent activity over the last six or so months of installing street lighting with concrete posts - mind you this same exercise was carried out with steel posts less than two or three years ago, and most of them are still in-situ in tip top condition - a situation that is probably replicated around the city if not the country, so somebody else is the beneficiary of the 'dividend'...

I thought its here we discussed the concrete pole tenders ni ya nani...This is Kenya accept and move on...by the time some people are done with the energy docket ni machozi tutalia...
possunt quia posse videntur
Elephant Man
#396 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:58:02 PM

@maka...

the time is coming when the accept and move on mantra will not wash...wait until you're pushed against a 'concrete' pole/wall...
maka
#397 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:00:06 PM

Elephant Man wrote:
@maka...

the time is coming when the accept and move on mantra will not wash...wait until you're pushed against a 'concrete' pole/wall...

I hope so....waiting for that day I kinda gave up on the leadership we have...Am reading somewhere that KPC has lost some 2.5Bn shs worth of fuel...crazy stuff.
VituVingiSana
#398 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:33:20 PM

What's the common thread among the guys that are in charge of the public energy sector in Kenya?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#399 Posted : Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:35:35 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
What's the common thread among the guys that are in charge of the public energy sector in Kenya?

thread=trend?

Uwizi...lazima wajipange...
VituVingiSana
#400 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 12:11:30 PM

KPLC lied to prez re: last mile says Standard. CEO is Tarus.
KPC drama in 1.2bn SCADA project. Former CEO Tanui. Current CEO Sang.

I continue to stay far away from from GoK owned, controlled or heavily influenced firms.
My sole exception is KenRe but I watch it carefully. Any sign of funny business and I cut and run.
Safaricom, despite GoK Treasury's 25%, is controlled by Vodafone (40%). That has saved the firm from being a cash cow for connected folks.