32 Pages«<1617181920>»
Kenya Power - what's the latest?
mlennyma
#341 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:10:42 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
You can imagine how hardened iam,despite all this noise iam buying to exit at 16

Same here..heavily invested at sub 9..hope am not wrong.

we can't bite the dustsmile trusting wazua so much can make you own nothing

Still have a stake in this company. Been itching to swing at it but unfortunately a lack of cash means I have not been able to take advantage of the discount served thus far.

hope in stocks is pegged at 2018 and beyond
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
moneydust
#342 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:04:35 PM

mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
You can imagine how hardened iam,despite all this noise iam buying to exit at 16

With this one I cant believe how pessimistic the market has become..a monopoly in its sector, with a growing demand for its services,a price earning ratio of less than 3 even with the government control,this share should not be trading this low.

If one can be wrong on this one,then one cant be right in anything.
mkate_nusu
#343 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:10:52 AM

moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

With this one I cant believe how pessimistic the market has become..a monopoly in its sector, with a growing demand for its services,a price earning ratio of less than 3 even with the government control,this share should not be trading this low.

Investors with a contrary opinion to general market emotions tend to fare better in the long run.
Warren Buffett is a good example
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Ebenyo
#344 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 7:31:48 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Investors with a contrary opinion to general market emotions tend to fare better in the long run.

1.East africa cables-they made a loss of kshs 1 bilion in fy 15 but have landed a contract with kenya power of kshs 20 bilion.
2.Carbacid- made a profit of kshs 900 milion in hy 15 results.
3.hfck-made a profit in hy 16 results
4.Barclays-profit in fy 15 results
5.Kenya re-profits in fy 15 results.
This list may contain negative sentiments.But out of 64 companies in nse,can someone give me ideal 10 for all times?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#345 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 8:31:38 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

1.East africa cables-they made a loss of kshs 1 bilion in fy 15 but have landed a contract with kenya power of kshs 20 bilion.
This list may contain negative sentiments.But out of 64 companies in nse,can someone give me ideal 10 for all times?

Post #104

http://m.wazua.co.ke/for...osts&t=33393&p=6
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ebenyo
#346 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 9:27:05 AM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
[quote=mlennyma]You can imagine how hardened iam,despite all this noise iam buying to exit at 16

Post #104

http://m.wazua.co.ke/for...sts&t=33393&p=6[/quote]

Thanks Sparky,i was not yet a member of wazua then.This is the last time im asking this question as im fully informed now.I will now have to contend with my pockects which are not deep.But i will do a buy once a month.Since my target is to buy for the next 24 years,i think i will be fine.
obiero
#347 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 9:34:49 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
[quote=mlennyma]You can imagine how hardened iam,despite all this noise iam buying to exit at 16

Post #104

Thanks Sparky,i was not yet a member of wazua then.This is the last time im asking this question as im fully informed now.I will now have to contend with my pockects which are not deep.But i will do a buy once a month.Since my target is to buy for the next 24 years,i think i will be fine.

All the best. We shall make money from our choices

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#348 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 10:26:51 AM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:

This list may contain negative sentiments.But out of 64 companies in nse,can someone6 give me ideal 10 for all times?

Post #104

All the best. We shall make money from our choices

Thanks bro Obiero.From january upto now,i have made some money in dividends from Longhorn,Equity,Barclays,Co-op,kcb.Im waiting for safaricom in dec.Im now planning for next year.So im reorganising my portfolio as you can see i was too exposed to banking because of being an NSE amateur.I have since exited Longhorn,barclays,co-op.I have bought total and kengen.Im thinking of getting kenya re,carbacid,cables,hfck and going back to barclays.Then relax and wait for dividends cheques.
MaichBlack
#349 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 1:09:58 PM

mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

True!!!

@Wazua at times gets things spectacularly wrong!!!

Good example. Safaricom! Most Wazuans had killed and buried it and could not touch it even at 2.xy. Especially at the height of price wars with Airtel! They said Safaricom is finished! Michael Joseph leaving. Safaricom is finished.! Number porting/migration. Safaricom is finished!

No look at the "finished" Safaricom.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
muandiwambeu
#350 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 8:15:24 PM

moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

what are the most likely impacts of the introduction of token meters to kplc's :-
a. metering effectiveness, billing strategy and eventual migration to token metering?
b. how will the above transition period complicate kplc's ability to reign on power losses hence revenue loss.
c. will the fines and disconnection fees contribute revenue boosting and hence profitability significantly hence forth.
my takes.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
instinct
#351 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 8:11:51 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

what are the most likely impacts of the introduction of token meters to kplc's :-
a. metering effectiveness, billing strategy and eventual migration to token metering?
b. how will the above transition period complicate kplc's ability to reign on power losses hence revenue loss.
c. will the fines and disconnection fees contribute revenue boosting and hence profitability significantly hence forth.
my takes.

The amount of looting going on in there by arap mashamba and team is mind boggling. and currently its being run like a govt department. do not be surprised by a 2B shillings loss end year
MaichBlack
#352 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 12:40:34 PM

instinct wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

my takes.

The amount of looting going on in there by arap mashamba and team is mind boggling. and currently its being run like a govt department. do not be surprised by a 2B shillings loss end year

Can people explain how the looting is being done, estimated figures etc.

All I am hearing here are rumours.

The fact that an ecosystem seems like it has been set up to bleed a company doesn't necessarily mean that is the case (though of course the level of alertness should be raised to red) and the fact that an ecosystem is seems like it is set up to grow the company doesn't necessarily mean that is the case!

Can we have some facts here or something that is close to facts.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
enyands
#353 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 12:56:15 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
instinct wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

my takes.

Can people explain how the looting is being done, estimated figures etc.

All I am hearing here are rumours.

The fact that an ecosystem seems like it has been set up to bleed a company doesn't necessarily mean that is the case (though of course the level of alertness should be raised to red) and the fact that an ecosystem is seems like it is set up to grow the company doesn't necessarily mean that is the case!

Can we have some facts here or something that is close to facts.

1st of all we know who is the majority single investor kenya power-Mama ngina. Now I don't think looting can be possible without someone like her being sensitive on her money safety.hii ni tribal speculation because of tribe ya in charge of kenya power and one in charge cs.hii ni propaganda that have are baseless .ni hayo tu
mkate_nusu
#354 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:44:45 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

my takes.

muandiwambeu which stocks are you invested in? You seem like a shrewd investor
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
mkate_nusu
#355 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2016 2:13:28 PM

Switch off street lights, MCAs tell Kenya Power

The Last Mile Electricity Project in Naivasha is facing a bleak future as Members of the Nakuru County assembly complaining about the high electricity bills that are being charged to the county, just one week after the lights were officially launched by Energy CS Charles Keter.

MCAs have complained about the management of the project, saying that the street lights have not been switched off since they were connected four weeks ago, even during the day.

“Our main concern is the failure by Kenya Power to switch off the lights during the day as this could lead to a high pay bill for the county government,” he said.

KP milking cash from counties
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
mthaka
#356 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 12:01:21 PM

above ksh.8,results are about to be released ,my research
Announced Final dividend of Kes 0.30 on 30-October-2015;
Announced a Final dividend of Kes.0.30 on 22-October-2014.
mlennyma
#357 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 12:56:41 PM

mthaka wrote:

buy,buy,buy with me,ignore any doom prophet ,there is good room for capital gains in the medium term
mlennyma
#358 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:29:25 AM

Results season taking this share out of all time lows
watesh
#359 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:40:46 AM

mlennyma wrote:
mthaka wrote:

buy,buy,buy with me,ignore any doom prophet ,there is good room for capital gains in the medium term

The dividend will just be the same. Their costs this year have been humongous as they made a bunch of renovations in their grid then the role out of last mile project. Quite a lot of one off costs
FRM2011
#360 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:19:42 PM

The bright folks at institute of economic affairs had an energy forum on Thursday that brought out some interesting numbers.

Don't have all the figures but a 30% increase in connections translated to a 3% increase in energy consumption.