wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

32 Pages«<1516171819>»
Kenya Power - what's the latest?
The Great
#321 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 5:31:47 PM

So matumbo ndio appetizer naona. Mkifika kwa main dish mmeshiba. Planning to lose opportunities
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
MaichBlack
#322 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 6:13:31 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
http://citizentv.co.ke/business/4-8-million-households-connected-to-electricity-kenya-power-134870/

eeemmmm! where is the news , lol

Increased capacity, Huge increase in connected households...
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ericsson
#323 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 6:29:34 PM

@mlennyama,Maichblack
Ata street light is counted as a connection.So if on a highway 15 of them are connected and lit up;those are counted as 15 homes
Hizo numbers are so cooked up you won't believe if you go to the details.
That is why the numbers are not corresponding to the bottomline/revenue
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Othelo
#324 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 6:55:58 PM

Even in our homestead, we have 4 meters main house ya mbuyu and 3 simbas. Main house is active, simbas are very inactive lakini are counted. Replicate that to Kenya
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
mlennyma
#325 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:04:00 PM

Othelo wrote:
Even in our homestead, we have 4 meters main house ya mbuyu and 3 simbas. Main house is active, simbas are very inactive lakini are counted. Replicate that to Kenya

whatever the argument I consider kpc among the easiest counter that can double to 16 bob,I only need 16 to exit
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
MaichBlack
#326 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:17:50 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@mlennyama,Maichblack
Ata street light is counted as a connection.So if on a highway 15 of them are connected and lit up;those are counted as 15 homes

Kuwaga serious @Ericsson!!! Where did you see a single lamp post with it's own meter?? Ama what do you understand "connections" to mean??? Next you will tell us they counted the number of bulbs in our houses!!!

Some things you don't even need to argue! Just take a road trip to a random village that did not have electricity 5 years ago.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#327 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:23:05 PM

Othelo wrote:

You guys try so much!!! And not in a nice way. Why would a main house and 3 simbas owned by the same entity have four different meters???

Again, take a road trip to a random village and you will realize the reverse is actually true. Someone gets electricity into his house and then "vutias" his mother (the grandma of the family) and his son who's house is just next to his!
Othelo
#328 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:23:23 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@mlennyama,Maichblack

Kuwaga serious @Ericsson!!! Where did you see a single lamp post with it's own meter?? Ama what do you understand "connections" to mean??? Next you will tell us they counted the number of bulbs in our houses!!!

Some things you don't even need to argue! Just take a road trip to a random village that did not have electricity 5 years ago.

MB I think our argument is that the increment in the number of connections will not directly translate to increment in revenues .... profits .... in a proportional manner. Revenues and profits will lag behind .... I hope I make sense smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
MaichBlack
#329 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:24:58 PM

This issue of not letting facts get in the way of a "nice" argument is not nice! Not at all!!
MaichBlack
#330 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 7:31:16 PM

Othelo wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@mlennyama,Maichblack

MB I think our argument is that the increment in the number of connections will not directly translate to increment in revenues .... profits .... in a proportional manner. Revenues and profits will lag behind .... I hope I make sense smile

I haven't read that anywhere. It was stated in post #???

If that is what you are saying NOW, it makes a lot of sense - it is actually 100% true. Profits will INCREASE but not by the same margins because you cannot compare the consumption of an industry and that of a home and you cannot compare the consumption of a rural homestead to that of an urban homestead. And of course you cannot compare the consumption of a home in Runda to that in Kibera.

Therefore a 60% increase in connections will definitely NOT translate to 60% increase in profits. BUT there will be a increase in profits!!!
hisah
#331 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:11:17 PM

hisah wrote:
At this level KP is testing multi year support zone clustered from 1996, 1999, 2004, 2005 and 2009 (GFC low). Next critical support level is 8.00 handle if this support level fails. Break below that critical support level opens up a nasty air-pocket to crazy lows last seen between 2000 - 2002 period.

Testing support at 8.00 handle. Caution.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#332 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:37:33 PM

Othelo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
KES 8.55 printed.

And today I start to nibble at this 'disaster' smile

This one, you take a glance at the CS (C. Keter), MD (B Chumo) GM Corporate (B Meso) GM Finance (K Tarus), ag. GM Audit (C Cheruyoit) and side of coalition (URP) and you know where it is headed!!!! Let us compare notes in 2018!!!

smile

Status conference can be held in English, Kiswahili and ............ Good I jumped out when I could (at a loss) smile

Very sad story. Reminds me of the 90s.
No wonder the capitulation. This one and simba i'm not touching.
@SufficientlyP
tnai9
#333 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:35:47 AM

Othelo wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
@mlennyama,Maichblack

KP gets over 60% of its revenue from just about 5000 so called large power customers. Hao wengine 4.795M wanachanga hizo zingine. Now if 1M new connections are guys who pay 200-500 monthly, after huge capital outlay...extra-polate.
There should be new industries for that revenue to grow, otherwise there are issues...
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
VituVingiSana
#334 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:45:48 AM

Most of the new [household] connections consume less than 200KwH and this is subsidized. Look at your bill. We pay much more per unit than they do.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#335 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:19:35 PM

Gava should now focus on increasing electricity per capita consumption.
Otherwise the massive connections of homes for lighting bulbs will drain KP coz after sometime the lines will need maintenances.
The revenue they get won't be able to sustain the maintenance cost.
Gava is also shooting KPLC by promoting solar electricity coz this is also killing KP business.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
majimaji
#336 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 12:46:18 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Gava should now focus on increasing electricity per capita consumption. How?
Otherwise the massive connections of homes for lighting bulbs will drain KP coz after sometime the lines will need maintenances.how are the cause and effect related here?
The revenue they get won't be able to sustain the maintenance cost.cause and effect connection?
Gava is also shooting KPLC by promoting solar electricity coz this is also killing KP business.
how do we come to this conclusion?
mlennyma
#337 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:06:12 PM

You can imagine how hardened iam,despite all this noise iam buying to exit at 16
moneydust
#338 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:48:26 PM

mlennyma wrote:
You can imagine how hardened iam,despite all this noise iam buying to exit at 16

Same here..heavily invested at sub 9..hope am not wrong.
mlennyma
#339 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 3:51:25 PM

moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

we can't bite the dustsmile trusting wazua so much can make you own nothing
lochaz-index
#340 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 4:53:43 PM

mlennyma wrote:
moneydust wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

we can't bite the dustsmile trusting wazua so much can make you own nothing

Still have a stake in this company. Been itching to swing at it but unfortunately a lack of cash means I have not been able to take advantage of the discount served thus far.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.