wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
‘Michuki Rules’ costing economy billions of shillings,says Githae
brav
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:15:00 AM

@Wendz I swear you cant do that,hebu tell the tale of the mokorino from kayole? the mention of a mokorino gets me cranked up,so you paid fare ya watu mbili?tihihi ongesa ingine moja on me na chapo.

BTW route 58 still beba standing passengers,yeh impunity... but unaingia at your own risk.

Usichoke kutafuta salary
Kaigangio
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:24:00 AM

Hi all,

some experiences are better forgotten....

the return of the 'Normal Nairobi Mathree' reminds of this time in 1998 when i was going to work and the mat from zimmerman was full to capacity...i was seated next to the isle and the guy standing next to me was sick,got squeezed real hard and threw up....the contents of his stomach landed squarely on my head...had to alight at GSU with my head and shoulders covered with sukuma wiki and ugali pieces...the most annoying some pieces of chewed meat landed in my front shirt pocket.....

.....and you tell me to go back to the full Nairobi mathree..not me!

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
VituVingiSana
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:44:00 AM

@mozenrat - What a idiotic comment... Until michuki,u were not only smelling butts but squeezed like sardines in the matatus (& often buses). The public transport in the UK is far,far better than Kenya. As for Japan... don't even ask... u need to go there to believe...
**** @mozenrat: I am curious,have u ever been to UK or Japan????

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mukiha
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:55:00 AM

Githae is out of his mind!!!

He can think about going back to standing passengers because he never uses public transport. He should borrow a leaf from the Mayor of London who rides arround on a bicycle.

Anyway; Kenya could be the only country in the world where PSVs are not allowed to carry standing passengers on urban routes. But that is not something to be ashamed of,nay,it is something to be proud of!!

The sh29b Githae talks about being lost in traffic jams is a cost that we should willingly pay in order to get decent transportation. Furthermore,there is no evidence to support the notion that allowing standing passengers will reduce traffic jams significantly.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mukiha
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:59:00 AM

POST SCRIPT:

If Githae cared so much about the state of public transportation,the least he could have done was to attend the the 2009 World Town Planning Day Celebrations...where his comments were read by his PS.

Useless fellow!!!

Ashindwe!!!!

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Fundaah
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:02:00 AM

CCCCCCCCCCChindwe ....pepo baya .......
Escapist comments by Githae .....nampa yae (o) kwa hayo...

We know the real problem lies in the roundabouts and no one wants to tackle it........
Remove the round abouts and no more jams

Rules of the game here: Before you post anything think.give facts only..It's a serious blog for serious people....Do not insult your brother....respect one another...Just be good.... It's good to live a honest life....life without guilt.... Jeremiah 17:11 As a partridge that hatches eggs which it has not laid,So is he who makes a fortune,but unjustly; In the midst of his days it will forsake him,And in the end he will be a fool.' From the SK Anti-hate/anti- corruption campaigner..
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
simonkabz
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:14:00 AM

Anyone supporting ths standing shiet must b having an uji-filled cranium. Si mhamie huko japan ama uk mkasimamange...

Can silence be misquoted?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
leona
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:21:00 AM

Woi! Am with Nanfor on this one....forget the smelly armpits and butts being squeezed on your face,i speak for the women who've undergone traumatic pine tree experiences in the hands of peverts in our overloaded matatus and buses!

I went to a day high school and i learnt mapema that if you have to survive sexual assault in buses and mats,you have to be rough. I thus invested in a number of compasses and dividers(zile za mathematical set) and every time i felt a pine tree on my behind,my sharp compass/divider would swiftly manoeuvre its way from my bag to someones balls and pine tree(though the divider worked better with its two sharp points). I still remember the screeches of pain those buggers used to unleash,and of course the agony and embarrasment they had to undergo while trying to explain what happened!heheee.

Then,there was this time in a mat when i was asked to simama between these two seated 'wababa' and BTW,this used to be a better option to being squeezed in the middle lane by the conductor and suffering the elbow shoves and being stepped on as guys fought to alight from the mat! So,there i am,squeezed between this two guys,and kidogo kidogo..i feel a hand tracing its way on my thighs(am in a school skirt BTW),i turn and ask the very stern looking mbaba 'unafanya?' And you guessed right,he completely ignores me and looks out the window! A few minutes later,i felt the hands again! Being very short tempered,i couldnt take it any more,i just grabbed my compass and divider and turned furiously on the mbaba straight at his face! Guys in the mat were shocked to hear what this old guard was doing to a school gal,so the mat was stopped,the guy thrown out and given 'kichapo cha mbwa' especially by the conductors who happend to have seen me regulary in the mat. Years later,i still wonder what explanation that mbaba gave to his wife and kids concerning the bloodied scratched face,torn clothes and black eye! Disgusting pevert!

For the sake of women and young girls living among peverts in our society,I highly disapprove Githes move,Unless they legalize self defense weapons too while at it...

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't..
Nevermind what haters say, ignore them til they fade away - Just live your life
VituVingiSana
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:36:00 AM

matatus shud not be allowed standing passengers but city/urban buses (short distances) need standing passengers for reduced congestion... Of course,we need to get cars off the roads!

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
The Real Shaft
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:38:00 AM

when will we stop chasing our tails...???

I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
Jangwa la Jangili
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:52:00 AM

kenyans need to snap out of this inferiority complex you hear in conversations day in day out. is it because our collective psyche has been so battered over the years that we are never comfortable with anything we do? just because something is being done overseas does not mean we should ape it in toto.

hata hivyo,if standing passengers are to be reintroduced,one issue that will need to be tackled is how to handle their numbers i.e. ensure that each vehicle has not breached the maximum passenger numbers. you cannot trust passengers to do that because all it takes is the tout shouting kumi tao! and everyone will be willing to hang on for dear life. matatus won't either because it is in their interest to make maximum profit.

which brings me to my last point that there needs to be a culture change within the institutions that are responsible for enforcing the rules i.e. hawata taka kitu kidogo. that way they will not look the other way when a matatu imebeba mpaka kwa carrier. actually this culture change is required whether we go the 'standing' route or not.

jeers

Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
McReggae
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:06:00 AM

We dismiss the idea of standing passengers just coz of our inability to control our pine trees and maintain body hygene!!!!!.....rotten society this ours is!!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Fundaah
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:10:00 AM

Mcreggae ..not only that......

Introduce the rules for city vehicles and upcountry buses will go to court to plead selective application of law........then michuki rules will be struck off by our incompetent courts ....then we shall die in droves thro road accidents ....(we including private motorists )

Rules of the game here:

Before you post anything think.give facts only..It's a serious blog for serious people....Do not insult your brother....respect one another...Just be good....
It's good to live a honest life....life without guilt....

Jeremiah 17:11

As a partridge that hatches eggs which it has not laid,So is he who makes a fortune,but unjustly; In the midst of his days it will forsake him,And in the end he will be a fool.'

From the SK Anti-hate/anti- corruption campaigner..
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Wendz
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:42:00 AM

@brav

dont even probe...... its a story and a half... I dont love being hated but his case was exempted.

@Mcrg
I didnt realise that!! I hope you now believe me i wasnt at the previous mbuzi ;-)).... I might have grown taller if we wait for RTS and Pondi's mbuzis..... - if they come before 2017.... Those are the major issues,others we can handle - like purses disappearing and the squeezes etc.

@leona
sounds like just yesterday! Those stories were all too common............ and this dude says we go back to that........ hey,asha weee.... afadhali nikule panya.....

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Kaigangio
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 11:45:00 AM

@ leona,

LOL!!!!aaaaiiiiii how many balls did you deflate with that divider???? Githaes should have had his deflated so that he could know the pain of standing in a an overflowing mathree!!!!

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Spend.thrift
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:57:00 PM

I still vividly recall the day when a traffic police intercepted an Eastlanda bound matatu at Pangani police station. The policemen counted 86 heads + 2 touts and a driver as they stepped out of the 25 seater NKR matatu.

Simply put,those rigs from GM are not safely designed to carry standing passengers. At Fiumicino,Heathrow and many other airports,you will find buses which are safely designed with the centres of gravity being so low that the chances of overturning are almost nil. Or reintroduce the ERF buses like the kind formerly operated by KBS. Some lunatics from two of our lunee bins tried in vain to overturn them on two occasions.

Back to pines,tents and bla blah. One woman,noticing that her behind was being pined asked ' Hai mzee,kwani hiyo ni nini?' and the mzee went ' Si hiyo ni sehemu ya mwili kama ingine!'. The whole matatu burst into uncontrollable laughter.

We tenda wema kisha wende zako. Usinipe macho ya kutarajia shukrani!!!