wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

PWC Survey - kenyans in diaspora return home to compete for local jobs!
McReggae
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:38:00 PM

Jaribu,Tokyo,Samsa et al,mmesoma hiyo,yu continue hating kenya!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
tony stark
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:38:00 PM

What are they returning to there are > 12million unemployed kenyans!! Nikubaya!

http://www.ke.undp.org/N...UnemploymentinKenya.pdf

SK A.L.U.M.N.I (Alcoholic Liason and Undergarments Manager of Nakedness Internationally)
Ali Baba
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:51:00 PM

That's like jumping from the fire to the frying pan !!

Ali Baba
McReggae
#4 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 5:32:00 AM

Ali baba,only those comfortable with washing the old folks and mentally handicapped are confortable out there.....ni kubaya!!!!

The chief value of money lies in the fact that one lives in a world in which it is overestimated.
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
carygoh
#5 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 6:03:00 AM

@mcdoba spot on.ka si kuosha rasa za watu wazee a.k.a nursing ni kazi ya mjei ''construction,i know like ten of them coming back to kenya,come December,ni KUBAYA.
Think Positive Test Negative
VituVingiSana
#6 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 6:59:00 AM

I am amazed that guys in Kenya think most diasporans work in nursing homes! The ones I know have very good jobs (doctors,engineers,finance,etc)... own properties & businesses...

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Chaka
#7 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 7:18:00 AM

I read in the papers that there is a Ug dude who was working in an old peoples home in the US and has now returned to western Ug to be crowned king of his people!
Spend.thrift
#8 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 7:19:00 AM

That KIPPRA/UNDP/DANIDA report provides quite some insight.

However,it is to me senseless to laugh at Kenyans in diaspora like some monkeys are doing below....ati they wash rasa za wazee and nursing and blah blah blah. There is a good mix of professions among the Kenyans in diaspora. Go to NASA,UN,Universities,Hospitals,Engineering firms,Marketing agencies...e.t.c and you will be surprised at the number of Kenyan professionals in these places including the entrepreneuers. But there are also Kenyans laying bricks,washing dishes,baby sitting,nursing e.t.c in these places just as there are Kenyans doing those jobs in Kenya. And why do you guys think that these menial jobs do not count.....it could be the systems of national accounts that leave out the economic contribution of such jobs as nannies,brick laying that is to blame for the negative attitude we attach to these kind of jobs.

There is nothing wrong with any job in the diaspora so long as it pays and so long as one doing it is comfortable with it.

If we scan the embassy x-files,we may find that a good proportion of diaspora bashers tried to secure visas at one point and maybe they failed or they actually managed to fly,sail,or walk to western countries and returned because they couldnt cope with the fast life there..Just a proportion of them I believe...

We tenda wema kisha wende zako. Usinipe macho ya kutarajia shukrani!!!