wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Looking for a Swimming Pool Contractor.
amorphous
#21 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2020 11:49:50 AM

"Contractor's profit," is the very loose term they useLaughing out loudly .
This is how they can buy 1/4 acre plot in Runda for 30m, build a 6 bedroom palatial manse on it for 20m, and sell it to the public at 150m where at that "cheap" price it will go like hotcakes.
Moral of the story; become a contractor post haste Drool

New Normal!
sqft
#22 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2020 5:05:29 PM

mkenyan wrote:
amorphous wrote:
mkenyan wrote:

how much should it cost to set up an 8x4m pool in your opinion?

I built my huge 20k litre underground watertank (including of course its roof) for a total of well under 200k labour and materials inclusive. Completely reinforced with deformed rods throughout. Since the roof of the tank is an extra expense, you can already see how the basic structure itself is quite cheap to build. A pool filter (below) from Davis and S is dirt cheap at 30k. Pumps in Kenya are laughably cheap. Solar panels prices mnajua - dirt cheap.

Waterproofing is easy peasy - so many options including terrazzo, tiles, waterproofed cement that is then painted over..the works. Bottom line as a4architect said these things are not rocket science...in fact I am thinking of becoming a pool contractor and selling at half of Kisio pools prices Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

This beberu built his for 260k in 2014. Go figure Drool

thanks. very informative and encouraging. meanwhile this is another example on how kenyans like overcharging for services

Kisoo Ltd has rent to pay, employees to pay, PAYE, NSSF, VAT, 30% corporate tax, insurance for staff and machinery, etc etc and all this has to be added to your bill for the pool. That is why companies supply 10bob ballpens at 200bob to govt and other bodies.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 9:27:22 AM

My dream smile

New Normal!