wazua Sat, May 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Retirement Benefits Package - Laptrust.
Kenn Ogutu
#1 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:40:02 AM

Dear Customer,

Retirement might seem light years away, and it’s probably the last thing on the minds of many. And if you are thinking it’s too early to start saving for it, well, think again – financial security in retirement doesn’t just happen. It takes preparation, prudent planning and commitment.

At Laptrust, we offer flexible retirement saving solutions for individuals and organizations. We provide you with personalized service; securing both the employer and employees a comfortable retirement.
We are committed to upholding quality and professionalism in the management of retirement schemes provision of consultancy and financial services that mutually addresses the need and sustainability of each party.

1. Defined Contribution Plan: “The Cash Mountain”
This is a convenient & flexible savings plan for organizations and their employees. Monthly contributions are made by both the employer and the employee towards securing your comfortable retirement. Individuals and organizations have the freedom to choose their preferred rates as per the RBA guidelines.

With this plan, an individual is equipped with a stress-free life at retirement and can keep track of their savings and benefits through bi-annual statements of accounts issued to them. At retirement, benefits depend on both your employer’s contribution, your contribution and the investment income earned per anum.

What Benefits can one expect to get from a DC Plan?
a. At Normal Retirement Age
b. Early Retirement
c. Withdrawal of membership
d. Retirement on medical grounds

Additional Insurance Risk Benefits

a. Our Life Policy
- Death in Service
- Permanent Disability
- Last Respects Benefits
b. Unemployment Benefit

2. Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC)
- It gives you an opportunity to make contributions over and above what your employer remits thereby enhancing your retirement package.

3. Individual Pension Plan
- This plan is for those who wish to save for retirement but do not have a sponsor. Personal savings plan for your retirement.

Luck does not play any part in retirement.

To find out more about how you can get started, kindly do not hesitate to contact me as below for a meeting, any further clarification or additional information.

Kenneth Ogutu
Business Development

Email: kogutu@laptrust.or.ke

Laptrust Administration Services Ltd.
Chaka
#2 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 10:52:27 AM

@Kenn,
I thought LAPtrust exclusively dealt with local authorities(sp)?When did it start handling 'others'?What was the return for 2012 like?
Kenn Ogutu
#3 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 11:45:58 AM

Laptrust is now open to any individuals, employers and/or employees to join the DC Scheme since it was duly registered and licensed as an administrator by the Retirement Benefits Authority in 2011. The company’s goal is to serve the entire Eastern Africa region and ultimately the wider African market.

Initially, Laptrust operated a Defined Benefits (DB) Scheme Structure in which the pension factor is pre-determined irrespective of the investment performance of the scheme. A policy direction from the Ministry of Finance requires all new Local Authorities employees from January 2012 to be admitted to a DC scheme hence Laptrust runs the two schemes concurrently. Also note that the Local Authorities, after 2013 elections, will be independent.

Laptrust Total Fund Value as at March 2012 was Ksh. 17.5 Billion and has since grown.

khimanie
#4 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:01:55 PM

what are the options for a student currently without a job of course but with a steady income and with no documentation to show for it?
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, brewer or banker that we get our dinner but from regard to their own interest" ~Adam Smith~
techboy
#5 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:12:07 PM

khimanie wrote:
what are the options for a student currently without a job of course but with a steady income and with no documentation to show for it?

umalaya ?
Kenn Ogutu
#6 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:11:22 PM

@khimanie, your steady source of income need be known in that case to clear any doubt in your ability to consistently make the monthly contributions as would have been agreed.
khimanie
#7 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 3:01:31 PM

Kenn Ogutu wrote:
@khimanie, your steady source of income need be known in that case to clear any doubt in your ability to consistently make the monthly contributions as would have been agreed.

the source of income in question is an informal business.
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, brewer or banker that we get our dinner but from regard to their own interest" ~Adam Smith~
pariah
#8 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 8:13:59 PM

Chaka wrote:
@Kenn,
I thought LAPtrust exclusively dealt with local authorities(sp)?When did it start handling 'others'?What was the return for 2012 like?

the answer for this i dint catch in your posts above
bigbossman
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:00:51 PM

I am a laptrust member and whenever i log in to my member area in your website and check my next of kin, i see that i haven't nominated any. How is that even after submitting details of wife and kid? I have sent emails but they are never replied.
LIFE IS SO GOOD
kangi
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:24:26 PM

techboy wrote:
khimanie wrote:

umalaya ?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Eiish @tech puliz.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
Impunity
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2013 10:28:08 AM

kangi wrote:
techboy wrote:
khimanie wrote:

umalaya ?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Eiish @tech puliz.

10-NIL,
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Just like OAR claims WSR made weoth!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Kenn Ogutu
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:19:47 AM

Resolved:- For the Individual Pension Plan, no other identification is required other than the National ID and the source of income need not be known – it is a personal thing.

Fund value as at Sep 2012 was Ksh 18billion. The accounts are awaiting audit to enable us declare the rate of return.