wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages«<9101112>
K24 invades Citizen & KTN
murchr
#201 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:36:36 AM

After The President of the Republic of Kenya urged employers not to fire employees, K24, A Kenyatta company becomes the 1st media house to fire 90% of its employees reasons....redundancy.

Really? No Media work? I think Anne Kiguta is the only one left with a job ofcourse to drive a certain political agenda.

The media space is changing, NEWS is not big business anymore. Kenyans are now obsessed with vlogers on Youtube and advertisers are in turn seeing value in throwing money to them rather than spending top shilling* on old boring news channel.

If you are not creating content, make sure you have money to buy good quality content to survive.

I for one only watched K24 on Friday's to see what Betty Kyallo had. But she left and my eyes are now on Youtube and Netflix. Adapt or perish!!! TV in Kenya is very boring. Even TZ TV beats us.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Queen
#202 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:38:53 PM

murchr wrote:
After The President of the Republic of Kenya urged employers not to fire employees, K24, A Kenyatta company becomes the 1st media house to fire 90% of its employees reasons....redundancy.

Really? No Media work? I think Anne Kiguta is the only one left with a job ofcourse to drive a certain political agenda.

The media space is changing, NEWS is not big business anymore. Kenyans are now obsessed with vlogers on Youtube and advertisers are in turn seeing value in throwing money to them rather than spending top shilling* on old boring news channel.

If you are not creating content, make sure you have money to buy good quality content to survive.

I for one only watched K24 on Friday's to see what Betty Kyallo had. But she left and my eyes are now on Youtube and Netflix. Adapt or perish!!! TV in Kenya is very boring. Even TZ TV beats us.

The employees were asked to take a pay-out until the situation improves but with their big egos they declined. Somebody even ill-advised them to go to court to challenge that decision. The courts, in their usual wisdom, ruled in the employees favour. SASA MULITAKA NIFANYE NINI JAMENI?

On this one, am afraid the employees are to blame.
Angelica _ann
#203 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:44:40 PM

Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

The employees were asked to take a pay-out until the situation improves but with their big egos they declined. Somebody even ill-advised them to go to court to challenge that decision. The courts, in their usual wisdom, ruled in the employees favour. SASA MULITAKA NIFANYE NINI JAMENI?

Plus the owner doesn't create content, it is the employees to do that. They were not creative and lacked innovation, Covid just presented an opportunity for the redundancies. Pole kwao!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#204 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:25:04 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

Plus the owner doesn't create content, it is the employees to do that. They were not creative and lacked innovation, Covid just presented an opportunity for the redundancies. Pole kwao!!!

What paycut have you taken Queen and how long is that going to last? Did you have that provision in your contract?

Angela, are you doing above and beyond of what you agreed with your employer? Was Jalango or Betty not creating content for media max? I mean many tuned in to watch and listen to Betty and Jalas why should they get less of their pay yet they were the ones bringing in viewers and listeners?

And do presenters and fundi wa mitambo source for marketing opportunities?

In other countries where employers are requiring an employee to take a pay cut, the govt is compensating the employees...any plans for this republic to do the same? Ama nikozoea kunyanyaswa tu? Dah! Its time Atwoli took a rest

Wacheni za ovyo. K24 was trying to take advantage of these people, if anything people are watching more. The board should have fired itself first.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#205 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:34:37 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

What paycut have you taken Queen and how long is that going to last? Did you have that provision in your contract?

Angela, are you doing above and beyond of what you agreed with your employer? Was Jalango or Betty not creating content for media max? I mean many tuned in to watch and listen to Betty and Jalas why should they get less of their pay yet they were the ones bringing in viewers and listeners?

Wacheni za ovyo. K24 was trying to take advantage of these people, if anything people are watching more. The board should have fired itself first.

I left formal employment in 2005.

You work for me I pay you or if you don't want go and form your company. Jalango and Betty and other employees are part of content creation, so if they flanked too bad. They have gone K24 is still there.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#206 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:54:02 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

You work for me I pay you or if you don't want go and form your company. Jalango and Betty and other employees are part of content creation, so if they flanked too bad. They have gone K24 is still there.

Good you have terms. Have you ever given someone a duty then in the middle of it you pay him/her down?

What about your contracts, have you negotiated down your payments? Betty and Jalas are doing fine they are taking YouTube by storm working for themselves actually am about to watch Oscar Sudi on Jalas right now. K24 will go under stay tuned
Angelica _ann
#207 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:59:11 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

Good you have terms. Have you ever given someone a duty then in the middle of it you pay him/her down?

What about your contracts, have you negotiated down your payments? Betty and Jalas are doing fine they are taking YouTube by storm working for themselves actually am about to watch Oscar Sudi on Jalas right now. K24 will go under stay tuned

Contract negotiation and renegotion happens the world. Theirs is not the first and the last, they left good_ watuliza. Theirs is not a unique skill in the market that should be paid at a premium.
murchr
#208 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 4:06:24 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

Contract negotiation and renegotion happens the world. Theirs is not the first and the last, they left good_ watuliza. Theirs is not a unique skill in the market that should be paid at a premium.

Yes renegotiation happen but when you dont agree, terms are honored a contract is bound by law. Lets see what the labor court thinks
Queen
#209 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 5:45:03 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yes renegotiation happen but when you dont agree, terms are honored a contract is bound by law. Lets see what the labor court thinks

A Contract can not hold/run normally in the event of Force Majeure. C-19 being a pandemic is a Force Majeure event and therefore all the parties are discharged from their contractual obligations.

murchr
#210 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:10:35 PM

Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

A Contract can not hold/run normally in the event of Force Majeure. C-19 being a pandemic is a Force Majeure event and therefore all the parties are discharged from their contractual obligations.

Nothing like that , K24 still exists
Queen
#211 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 6:55:34 PM

murchr wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

Nothing like that , K24 still exists

Ok.
mkenyan
#212 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 7:38:40 AM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Queen wrote:
murchr wrote:

not really. covid-19 (which in other threads you agree is serious issue- ironically) has had a diverse effect on the economy such that the employment act was amended to among other things allow for employees to be sent on leave without pay. also before the above-mentioned amendment, under the employment law employees contracts can be terminated under among other things force majeur, the common law doctrine of frustration or impossibility, the doctrine of impracticability and redundancy.
ps: please cut uhuru some slack. he is not actively running k24.
sqft
#213 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 11:03:28 AM

murchr wrote:

I for one only watched K24 on Friday's to see what Betty Kyallo had. But she left and my eyes are now on Youtube and Netflix.

If each of the 100 fired employees was earning an average of 150k pm, that is a wage bill of 15m pm. Even if ooohuru donated 100% of his 1.4m salary to pay the workers, how would that help? There would still be a balance of 13.6m wages to be paid each month. So the business had to do what it had to do to remain afloat.

Also if you never watch TV how do you expect them to attract advertisers and make money?
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
kaka2za
#214 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 5:06:35 PM

sqft wrote:
murchr wrote:

I for one only watched K24 on Friday's to see what Betty Kyallo had. But she left and my eyes are now on Youtube and Netflix.

If each of the 100 fired employees was earning an average of 150k pm, that is a wage bill of 15m pm. Even if ooohuru donated 100% of his 1.4m salary to pay the workers, how would that help? There would still be a balance of 13.6m wages to be paid each month. So the business had to do what it had to do to remain afloat.

Also if you never watch TV how do you expect them to attract advertisers and make money?

Why wait to watch the news at 9 pm when you cant get instantly on social media?
TV is for cartoons,movies and sports
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#215 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 5:59:45 PM

sqft wrote:
murchr wrote:

The people who don't watch TV are the ones who know which station is doing badly.

Nation group is doing badly in all fronts but every day K24 this and that.

When they didn't bother with Raila in 2017 early 2018 K24 was mature and a darling station to some yappers here. Laughing out loudly

mkenyan
#216 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:36:17 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sqft wrote:
murchr wrote:

The people who don't watch TV are the ones which station is doing badly.

Nation group is doing badly in all fronts by every day K24 this and that.

When they didn't bother with Raila in 2017 early 2018 K24 was mature and a darling station to some yappers here. Laughing out loudly

word Laughing out loudly
Impunity
#217 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2020 6:13:52 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sqft wrote:
murchr wrote:

The people who don't watch TV are the ones who know which station is doing badly.

Nation group is doing badly in all fronts but every day K24 this and that.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

doubletap
#218 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 6:29:32 PM

Quote:

Have said the same live tv is only good for sports and short news items getting to the point not 1 hour items that have been repeated on social media. If they could educate, enlighten on social-economic issues and at the same time entertain would be worth a watch. Catch up tv is the future watch what and when you have the time
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
murchr
#219 Posted : Saturday, July 04, 2020 9:40:11 PM

doubletap wrote:
Quote:

Have said the same live tv is only good for sports and short news items getting to the point not 1 hour items that have been repeated on social media. If they could educate, enlighten on social-economic issues and at the same time entertain would be worth a watch. Catch up tv is the future watch what and when you have the time

Not really...data shows that most people watch tv at 7 and 9 in Kenya. A majority cannot even afford data to watch news runs on youtube or facebook. Those will little coins to watch Youtube are watching bloggers (Betty, Jalang'o etc) not K24, KTN or Nation news.

The fact is TV in Kenya is too DAMN BORING. If you look to a country like the US where the majority of the population can subscribe and pay for any channel out there plus constant news from channels like Fox and CNN. ABC News by David Muir is still the most watched TV news with an average of 12 million viewers every night for the last 5 weeks more than double the viewership of the most popular prime-time shows on cable...why the man has cultivated an image of being the most trustworthy news anchor. Who does not force opinions but lets the interviews and the news take its course.

The circus we see on our screens is trash talk. Very little will have the patience to watch that even without corona the numbers would never increase
kaka2za
#220 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 4:41:52 AM

murchr wrote:
doubletap wrote:
Quote:

Not really...data shows that most people watch tv at 7 and 9 in Kenya. A majority cannot even afford data to watch news runs on youtube or facebook. Those will little coins to watch Youtube are watching bloggers (Betty, Jalang'o etc) not K24, KTN or Nation news.

The fact is TV in Kenya is too DAMN BORING. If you look to a country like the US where the majority of the population can subscribe and pay for any channel out there plus constant news from channels like Fox and CNN. ABC News by David Muir is still the most watched TV news with an average of 12 million viewers every night for the last 5 weeks more than double the viewership of the most popular prime-time shows on cable...why the man has cultivated an image of being the most trustworthy news anchor. Who does not force opinions but lets the interviews and the news take its course.

The circus we see on our screens is trash talk. Very little will have the patience to watch that even without corona the numbers would never increase

That must be old data. You rarely see people milling around the TV at those hours. They just put on because there is nothing else to do at that time. They would have heard the news earlier on the day either from FM stations or Social media.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)