wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

13 Pages<1234>»
Insurance Counters at NSE - Valuation & recommendation
holycow
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:24:37 AM

Seems folks have fallen in love with CIC. Any negative mention is overreacted to. Reminds me of the days when Equity was equally defended.
maka
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:40:16 AM

@techboy tone down your rhetoric but either way am with you on this...this investment banks just churn out mostly useless reports and recommendations that mainly position them into gaining more brokerage commission,we need some serious regulation this...
possunt quia posse videntur
dunkang
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:51:40 AM

@techboy, kindly cool down.
I, just as majority of wazuans, agree that brokers recommendations are at times (if not all) CRAP, but on this CIC thing, i concur, its not worth anything above 3.70/-.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Aguytrying
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:03:44 AM

CiC is overvalued full stop. Its trading at double the sector p/b for one. Either the sector catches up or vice versa. If u look at insurance companies the one that would deserve to trade at the highest premium is jubilee. So if i was very optimistic with cic id value it with jubilee's ratios.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mkonomtupu
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:16:47 AM

The insurance industry is the last place I would invest. The entire industry 43 companies makes only 7-9 billion in profits compared to the banks 100 billion. There is low penetration with most individuals and companies only buying motor, fire, personal accident and group medical cover. Any insurance company doing group medical cover is just bleeding itself because the claims are huge. The kenya population has a bad attitude towards insurance and the prefer "tunaomba serikali.." plus a bad savings culture.

I had tried to speculate with CFCI/liberty last year until I realized they preferred to keep 3 billion in cash, owed a huge loan to NIC and the MD was talking about investing in real estate when the stock market was down
Aguytrying
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:45:45 AM

mkonomtupu wrote:
The insurance industry is the last place I would invest. The entire industry 43 companies makes only 7-9 billion in profits compared to the banks 100 billion. There is low penetration with most individuals and companies only buying motor, fire, personal accident and group medical cover. Any insurance company doing group medical cover is just bleeding itself because the claims are huge. The kenya population has a bad attitude towards insurance and the prefer "tunaomba serikali.." plus a bad savings culture.

I had tried to speculate with CFCI/liberty last year until I realized they preferred to keep 3 billion in cash, owed a huge loan to NIC and the MD was talking about investing in real estate when the stock market was down

Ghai. I wish i knew this before i speculated recently. And the chairman is mentioned with the CMC drama.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
the deal
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:43:56 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:

Ghai. I wish i knew this before i speculated recently. And the chairman is mentioned with the CMC drama.

Investors are always advised not to invest in a business they dont understand.
streetwise
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:28:16 PM

Question is how does the market set the price i.e valution, dividend policy, speculation, brand image etc.
mwekez@ji
#29 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:43:38 PM

Tape reading tells me Kenya Re is facing strong resistance at the current level of 12.00/50. @hisah and other TAs, is there a likelihood of this resistance being broken in near term
mlennyma
#30 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:49:19 PM

Insurance firms are set to benefit bigtime on political risk covers if elections are smooth.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
mwekez@ji
#31 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 12:58:40 PM

#Tape reading #Kenya RE, supply of a high 623,000 shares is hovering at KES 12.50
mwekez@ji
#32 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:06:47 PM

#Tape reading #Kenya RE, KES 12.XX resistance has proved hard to break since year 2008
mwekez@ji
#33 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 4:44:01 PM

#Thinking_loudly, should we expect some goodies from Jubilee now that they cerebrated diamond jubilee this year
mwekez@ji
#34 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 5:10:17 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
Britam – BUY – TP 8.32 (35% upside)
CFCI – BUY – TP 11.55 (66% upside)
Pan Africa – BUY – TP 74.70 (72% upside)
Kenya Re – BUY – TP 18.75 (59% upside)

CIC – SELL – TP 3.37 (18% downside)

Source: Standard Investment Bank – 30.01.2013

Link >>> http://www.sib.co.ke/media/docs...-Sector-IOC-20130130.pdf
Aguytrying
#35 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 5:23:46 PM

the deal wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:

is that aimed at me? i understand this company and insurance in general.
interesting u respond to this after failing to in so many questions in the cfci rise thread
FUNKY
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:49:52 AM

Huge supply at CFC Insurance today..304,900 shares at 7/-..rare to see such a huge supply for CFCI..
the deal
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:03:48 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
the deal wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
mkonomtupu wrote:

is that aimed at me? i understand this company and insurance in general.
interesting u respond to this after failing to in so many questions in the cfci rise thread

Not really...I will post a blog on this today...I think its much better that way btwn I hope u didnt sell because of what @Mkono said above?
Aguytrying
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:14:45 PM

@the deal. I Dont change my mind that quickly. Im waiting for end year results and dividend. I got in on my own analysis and ill leave on my own. But i Dont trust the company enough for a long term hold.

Ive seen some stanlib adverts on kenyatta avenue. If u know liberty the parent in s.a u know what that means.... Asset management joining the businesses streams
the deal
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:29:04 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
@the deal. I Dont change my mind that quickly. Im waiting for end year results and dividend. I got in on my own analysis and ill leave on my own. But i Dont trust the company enough for a long term hold.

Ive seen some stanlib adverts on kenyatta avenue. If u know liberty the parent in s.a u know what that means.... Asset management joining the businesses streams

StanLib is not part of the listed company, I know Liberty very well...theyre big dogs in SA but have struggled outside SA while Sanlam has flourished.
techboy
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2013 3:32:39 PM

FUNKY wrote:
Huge supply at CFC Insurance today..304,900 shares at 7/-..rare to see such a huge supply for CFCI..

and the one who will absorb that what does he know that we donot ?