wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
Battle of the smartphones in kenya
butterflyke
#61 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 11:48:48 PM

radio wrote:
Vallerrie wrote:
I used to be team Xperia, then I did a complete 180 and ditched Android and Sony. I am now fully team Windows 8 and HTC.
Seriously, why are Kenyans sleeping on HTC? They make amaaaazing phones and with their Beats Audio enhancement, listening to music on my phone is bass heaven.

My sister has had a horrible experience with HTC One. I won't touch a HTC. Are HTC running on Windows 8 now? Her's was running on Android.

@radio - what kind of problems? would be good to know where she bought the phone. as far as i know HTC is running on Android...
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Vallerrie
#62 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 8:15:03 AM

@Radio - Problems with HTC One? That must be one of a few.
@Butterflyke - HTC 8S and 8X run on Windows 8 platform, I would recommend the 8X if you wanna go Windows, or HTC Desire 500 for Android if you're on a budget, if not then go for the HTC One (Voted Phone of the year 2013 btw).
These are not phones you'll see everywhere like some others whose names I will not mention *cough* Samsung *cough*
Those people go out of their way in terms of build and functionality.
I recommend it 105%
kangi
#63 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 8:06:53 PM

Just got a lumia 925, am lost since I cant use mpesa saw that for me to use sim apps I had to pay $0.99 now how do I pay for this or how does one enable mpesa.

Forgive my ignorance.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
butterflyke
#64 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:32:18 AM

Vallerrie wrote:
@Radio - Problems with HTC One? That must be one of a few.
@Butterflyke - HTC 8S and 8X run on Windows 8 platform, I would recommend the 8X if you wanna go Windows, or HTC Desire 500 for Android if you're on a budget, if not then go for the HTC One (Voted Phone of the year 2013 btw).
These are not phones you'll see everywhere like some others whose names I will not mention *cough* Samsung *cough*
Those people go out of their way in terms of build and functionality.
I recommend it 105%

thanks @Vallerrie...i will check those two out.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
Vallerrie
#65 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 8:56:06 AM

kangi wrote:
Just got a lumia 925, am lost since I cant use mpesa saw that for me to use sim apps I had to pay $0.99 now how do I pay for this or how does one enable mpesa.

Forgive my ignorance.

Go to Settings->Mobile Network->Scroll all the way down to Sim Applications. I really don't think you have to pay for this.
Hope your phone has the latest GDR3 (Amber) update too.
kangi
#66 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:11:37 AM

Vallerrie wrote:
kangi wrote:

Forgive my ignorance.

Go to Settings->Mobile Network->Scroll all the way down to Sim Applications. I really don't think you have to pay for this.

@Vallerie, thanks just got it.
Happy holidays Wazuans
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
madollar
#67 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 2:50:37 PM

infinix despite being a late entrant to the market seems to be the market leader everyone seems to have an infinix phone kwanza the so called "wananchi" .Pricing could have been the reason but other brands have cheaper and sometimes better phones.
streetwise
#68 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 4:29:10 PM

I think infinix came in and their communication to the buyer was that this is the phone for the mwanainchi.

The other brands advertise the very expensive phones and to the mind of the buyer even when they have a cheap phone , it must be overpriced. Since the product is complex to the non technical they choose to buy what is underpriced according to how it was initially presented.
faa
#69 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 5:02:16 PM

Vallerrie wrote:
kangi wrote:

Forgive my ignorance.

get yourself a husband or boyfriend..hio si swali ya kushinda ukiuliza surely vallerie
washiku
#70 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 7:14:14 PM

Huawei Mate 8. Best smartphone in relation to Battery Power Management. Never before had I ever had a smart phone that can go for 24hrs while in active use.
Lolest!
#71 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2016 9:00:57 PM

madollar wrote:
infinix despite being a late entrant to the market seems to be the market leader everyone seems to have an infinix phone kwanza the so called "wananchi" .Pricing could have been the reason but other brands have cheaper and sometimes better phones.

who has better phones? Huawei?Techno? Coz def not Samsung at competitive prices
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
grolut
#72 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 10:42:19 AM

I'd say unless you can afford an iPhone 6 or Samsung S7 just go with Infinix, InnJoo or Tecno (in that order according to my experience). The mid-range "brand" names do not perform very well and battery life is an issue. I've used Infinix x551, Infinix Note 2, InnJoo One, InnJoo Note and a Tecno DroiPad. Except for the Tecno the others have outperformed my previous phones.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
Swenani
#73 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 2:14:53 PM

grolut wrote:
I'd say unless you can afford an iPhone 6 or Samsung S7 just go with Infinix, InnJoo or Tecno (in that order according to my experience). The mid-range "brand" names do not perform very well and battery life is an issue. I've used Infinix x551, Infinix Note 2, InnJoo One, InnJoo Note and a Tecno DroiPad. Except for the Tecno the others have outperformed my previous phones.

Masukuma will tend to disagree with you on this!

@Masukuma, what make do you use?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
grolut
#74 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2016 11:18:27 PM

Swenani wrote:
grolut wrote:

Masukuma will tend to disagree with you on this!

@Masukuma, what make do you use?

I wouldn't get one myself but having tested it, it's pretty responsive but being Android damu I can't get to grips with the interface and lack of decent free apps.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
sitaki.kujulikana
#75 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:49:12 PM

how does one prevent the phone screen from cracking, seems all the phones I own soon end up with a cracked screen, and I have seen several people with smartphones with cracked screens.
TheGeek
#76 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:19:53 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
how does one prevent the phone screen from cracking, seems all the phones I own soon end up with a cracked screen, and I have seen several people with smartphones with cracked screens.

Impunity and swenani will be here shortly with an appropriate response.

Consider an xtigi.
In the world of securities, courage and patience become the supreme virtues after adequate knowledge and a tested judgment are at hand.
Gathige
#77 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 2:42:05 PM

TheGeek wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Impunity and swenani will be here shortly with an appropriate response.

Consider an xtigi.

Btw if considering a power backup for your smartphone, consider the xtigi. It's a powerhouse when it comes to battery life,and doubles up as a good power backup.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#78 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 2:07:10 AM

infinix and tecno definitely winning this battle
alma1
#79 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:02:54 AM

Guys who know me are aware that mimi ni mulika mwizi tu. I only have a Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab for work purposes but carry my mulika mwizi kila mahali.

Last week "a friend" sent me this one from majuu. Boss, I'm hooked. It's the HTC Desire 10 Pro I've not used a battery charger for some days and I love that.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Lolest!
#80 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:43:16 AM

Quote:
South Korean tech giant Samsung has urged owners of the Galaxy Note 7 to turn off its high-end smartphone while it investigates new reports of the device catching fire.

Samsung recalled 2.5 million phones in September after complaints of exploding batteries, and later insisted that all replaced devices were safe.
But there are now reports that even those phones were catching fire.
A man in Kentucky said he woke up to a bedroom full of smoke from a replaced Note 7, days after a domestic flight in the US was evacuated after a new device started emitting smoke in the cabin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37614770
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray