#301 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:32:34 PM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Just wondering. ..how many earn above 450 k gross here. ..let us be real. .
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

Hii wazua sio ya watu wanaoishi huko Yols, ask admin to start a forum for "your kind" of people earning peanuts or you join me in relocating to Todonyang

Wewe Swenani wacha matusi. ..
Just saying those earning more than 450k are outliers in the scheme of things #Fact

450K gross house hold income think ni wengi kiasi. OK I imagine. 450K gross salary for individuals will be mostly for deputy managers/managers in large Corporations/Private sector. Husband and wife who are in middle management in these corporations will also make that combined.

You have no idea of what you are talking about!

I thought that is the starting salary of most software devs, akina masukuma na alma smile

Even a graduate with CPA and 3 yrs expe who is nota manager(who doesn't even supervise the filing clerk intern) makes that

wacha graduates, hata boni a highschool drop out easily makes that, I was surpriced the other day to learn that some graphic designers, guys who never even saw the inside of uon making half that amount, if you add in a similar spouse and that ka figure is reached easily.
wanyee
#302 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:45:55 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

Hii wazua sio ya watu wanaoishi huko Yols, ask admin to start a forum for "your kind" of people earning peanuts or you join me in relocating to Todonyang

Just saying those earning more than 450k are outliers in the scheme of things #Fact

450K gross house hold income think ni wengi kiasi. OK I imagine. 450K gross salary for individuals will be mostly for deputy managers/managers in large Corporations/Private sector. Husband and wife who are in middle management in these corporations will also make that combined.

I thought that is the starting salary of most software devs, akina masukuma na alma smile

Even a graduate with CPA and 3 yrs expe who is nota manager(who doesn't even supervise the filing clerk intern) makes that

wacha graduates, hata boni a highschool drop out easily makes that, I was surpriced the other day to learn that some graphic designers, guys who never even saw the inside of uon making half that amount, if you add in a similar spouse and that ka figure is reached easily.

What is this deriding of matters Arts and Design ...that is pure talent and it pays and a lot for that matter
Lolest!
#303 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:46:55 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

Count Yourself lucky if You have a gross salary above 200,000ksh. The low mortgage uptake statistics in Kenya is a pointer that a small percentage of the population can comfortably service a monthly mortgage payment of 100,000ksh , that is unless You are a banker.

it would be tricky using housing and especially mortgage as a pointer to what people earn, in kenya housing is cheap, do you know that majority of Kenyans actually own their homes, plus if one is even earning 50k it is very affordable for the same individual to own a house, a ka loan of 700k get one a nice plot and another loan of around 800k will put up a decent 3 bedroom house

d'oh!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#304 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:55:36 PM

Lolest! wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

Count Yourself lucky if You have a gross salary above 200,000ksh. The low mortgage uptake statistics in Kenya is a pointer that a small percentage of the population can comfortably service a monthly mortgage payment of 100,000ksh , that is unless You are a banker.

it would be tricky using housing and especially mortgage as a pointer to what people earn, in kenya housing is cheap, do you know that majority of Kenyans actually own their homes, plus if one is even earning 50k it is very affordable for the same individual to own a house, a ka loan of 700k get one a nice plot and another loan of around 800k will put up a decent 3 bedroom house

d'oh!

Maybe simba and dala in shaggs smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Swenani
#305 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:22:33 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

Some of this ignorance inaokotwa kwa barabara gani? A person earning a gross of 50K ends up with aprox 40K net after taxes, If he takes a loan of 1.5M(700k shamba and 800K house) assuming he commits all his/her income to loan repayment and the loan is interest free, it will take him 4 years to repay the loan.

But since it's impossible for someone to commit all their income towards loan repayment, a person earning a gross of 50K can only commit a max of 10K towards loan repayment which will take him 12.5 years assuming the loan is interest free.

Tuwache kudanganyana tafasari
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hardwood
#306 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:24:47 PM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

Some of this ignorance inaokotwa kwa barabara gani? A person earning a gross of 50K ends up with aprox 40K net after taxes, If he takes a loan of 1.5M(700k shamba and 800K house) assuming he commits all his/her income to loan repayment and the loan is interest free, it will take him 4 years to repay the loan.

But since it's impossible for someone to commit all their income towards loan repayment, a person earning a gross of 50K can only commit a max of 10K towards loan repayment which will take him 12.5 years assuming the loan is interest free.

Many teachers have managed to buy land and put up nice 3bdrm houses in the rural areas, and educate their kids upto university while earning less than 50k. So how do they do it? If teachers can do it why not others?
sitaki.kujulikana
#307 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:40:41 PM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

sasa what is the lie, you have done your calculations and come up with 12 years, that is a decent amount of time to pay up a loan for a home, ama what am I missing
sitaki.kujulikana
#308 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:42:36 PM

wanyee wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

What is this deriding of matters Arts and Design ...that is pure talent and it pays and a lot for that matter

no derision, just showing that one does not necessarily have to be a graduate to make decent money
Swenani
#309 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:31:12 AM

hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

Many teachers have managed to buy land and put up nice 3bdrm houses in the rural areas, and educate their kids upto university while earning less than 50k. So how do they do it? If teachers can do it why not others?

1. most teachers have built on their ancestral land, meaning there isn't land acquisition cost
2.If they acquired land, they didn't buy the land at 700k
3. Most teachers and police men have put up houses costing less than 300K
4.I'm not disputing the fact that someone can put up a house with a salary of 50k, but I'm disputing the fact that a person with an income of 50k can service a loan of 1.5 mirrion
Swenani
#310 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:37:33 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

sasa what is the lie, you have done your calculations and come up with 12 years, that is a decent amount of time to pay up a loan for a home, ama what am I missing

If you think its okay for someone to commit all their monthly/annual earnings towards loan repayment for 12.5 yrs,then you must have your head replaced with a mango
newfarer
#311 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:46:27 AM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

I thought that is their starting salary of most software devs, akina masukuma na alma smile

Even a graduate with CPA and 3 yrs exp who is not a manager(who doesn't even supervise the filing clerk intern) makes that

Where? Cos then I think I look for jobs in the wrong places
punda amecheka
newfarer
#312 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:47:12 AM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

I thought that is their starting salary of most software devs, akina masukuma na alma smile

Even a graduate with CPA and 3 yrs exp who is not a manager(who doesn't even supervise the filing clerk intern) makes that

punda amecheka
sitaki.kujulikana
#313 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:33:02 AM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
josimar wrote:

If you think its okay for someone to commit all their monthly/annual earnings towards loan repayment for 12.5 yrs,then you must have your head replaced with a mango

smile smile smile si ni wewe umesema
Quote:

a person earning a gross of 50K can only commit a max of 10K towards loan repayment which will take him 12.5 years assuming the loan is interest free.

lets even factor in interest and increase the period to 15 years, still an ok period for a loan that has put up a home. ama what do you think smile they will have saved all the money for rent and at the end have an asset which might have appreciated a good deal.
Lolest!
#314 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:54:21 AM

newfarer wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

People are talkin bout outliers instead of what is common!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
tony stark
#315 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:40:31 AM

Mimi ninasurvive na half the amounts being mentioned here na nina bibi, watoto wanasoma na wanakula, nina kaplot ama tuplots na kajalopy ya kunisongeza from point A to B.
Watu wa 400K na 500K my dreams are valid.
newfarer
#316 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:22:14 PM

The report also showed that very few people who are employed in formal jobs qualify as middle class since the majority (74 per cent) earn less than Sh50,000 a month.
Only 24 per cent of those informal employment earn between Sh50,000 to Sh100,000 a month, while on the other hand, the share of individuals earning above Sh100,000 on monthly basis stand at a mere 2.9 per cent of those employed.
“The rapid decrease in individ

https://www.standardmedi...pared-to-seven-years-ago
punda amecheka
hardwood
#317 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:30:56 PM

newfarer wrote:
The report also showed that very few people who are employed in formal jobs qualify as middle class since the majority (74 per cent) earn less than Sh50,000 a month.
Only 24 per cent of those informal employment earn between Sh50,000 to Sh100,000 a month, while on the other hand, the share of individuals earning above Sh100,000 on monthly basis stand at a mere 2.9 per cent of those employed.

There is a thread on this forum detailing what banks pay and it was unanimous that banks pay "bankers" between 50-60K per month. If bankers are earning 60k and the doctors who are currently on strike earn 140k, who are these wazuans earning 400k+? Or does this mean that wazua is a forum for highly paid ceos earning 400k+ per month?
hardwood
#318 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:37:47 PM

hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:

There is a thread on this forum detailing what banks pay and it was unanimous that banks pay "bankers" between 50-60K per month. If bankers are earning 60k and the doctors who are currently on strike earn 140k, who are these wazuans earning 400k+? Or does this mean that wazua is a forum for highly paid ceos earning 400k+ per month?

In my case I earn 220k net (with postgraduate degree) and wifey 150k net to give us a total of 370k net. And we have own house that we've cleared loans and mortgage. And 2 loan-free cars (SUV + saloon).
Angelica _ann
#319 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:00:19 PM

hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:

In my case I earn 220k net and wifey 150k net to give us a total of 370k net. And we have own house that we've cleared loans and mortgage. And 2 loan-free cars (SUV + saloon).

Unadoea pesa ya Mama smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#320 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:06:51 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
newfarer wrote:

In my case I earn 220k net and wifey 150k net to give us a total of 370k net. And we have own house that we've cleared loans and mortgage. And 2 loan-free cars (SUV + saloon).

Unadoea pesa ya Mama smile smile smile

Nope. We became one when we exchanged marriage vows. My money is her money and her money is my money. #mapenziMotomoto