wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<1314151617>»
What is a "good salary" in Kenya?
Lolest!
#281 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:14:42 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Am sticking to my lane. Kinoo -Rengen all the way!

Brings us to the issue of middle class

Most middle class are in the lower middle class category
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Mkondoa Macho
#282 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:31:27 AM

I believe for a bachelor/spinster, a net income of 300k is enough to live well. When living alone, you only need a one bedroom apartment in a good address. You only need around 40k or 50k max and you have 250k for everything else. You can save 200k and have expenses of 50k which is very extravagant. So in my opinion, a bachelor earning a net of 300k is living life on the first lane. For a man with a working wife and one child, I would put it at 500k...and assume that his wife earns 100k. I do not intent to mean that women should earn less than men, only that women tend to marry "up" and men marry "down". A man with an income of 400k will likely have a wife with an income of 100k (assumption). Therefore, for a family with one child, a net income of 500k will afford them a comfortable life.
Hobitke
#283 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 9:39:04 AM

Mkondoa Macho wrote:
I believe for a bachelor/spinster, a net income of 300k is enough to live well. When living alone, you only need a one bedroom apartment in a good address. You only need around 40k or 50k max and you have 250k for everything else. You can save 200k and have expenses of 50k which is very extravagant. So in my opinion, a bachelor earning a net of 300k is living life on the first lane. For a man with a working wife and one child, I would put it at 500k...and assume that his wife earns 100k. I do not intent to mean that women should earn less than men, only that women tend to marry "up" and men marry "down". A man with an income of 400k will likely have a wife with an income of 100k (assumption). Therefore, for a family with one child, a net income of 500k will afford them a comfortable life.

Liar , Part of this might be what is fueling this corruption and accumulation craze. Tenderprenuers .
hardwood
#284 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 10:42:41 AM

newfarer wrote:
Salary wise very very few people earn more than 100K gross. Kenyan road are still jammed with cars and not all these car owners have known businesses. So If you are earning over 100K count yourself lucky . Live your life within the 100k limit don't live other people's life. You will only lose it if you want to live a celebrity life

True. Only less than three per cent of all salaried Kenyan workers earn more than Sh100,000, according to the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics 2015 report.

http://www.the-star.co.k...s-strikers-told_c1470936
Swenani
#285 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 12:08:25 PM

hardwood wrote:
[quote=newfarer]Salary wise very very few people earn more than 100K gross. Kenyan road are still jammed with cars and not all these car owners have known businesses. So If you are earning over 100K count yourself lucky . Live your life within the 100k limit don't live other people's life. You will only lose it if you want to live a celebrity life

True. Only less than three per cent of all salaried Kenyan workers earn more than Sh100,000, according to the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics 2015 report.

http://www.the-star.co.k...-strikers-told_c1470936[/quote]

So who are these guys spending 50K on food alone while they earning a mere gross of 100K?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Tokyo
#286 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 3:41:05 PM

I wonder how many Kenyans are "genuinely " earning kshs300K(close $40K annually). A good number in developed countries earning less. Majority of Chinese making less.
work to prosper
Swenani
#287 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 7:44:46 AM

Tokyo wrote:
I wonder how many Kenyans are "genuinely " earning kshs300K(close $40K annually). A good number in developed countries earning less. Majority of Chinese making less.

Quote:
Barikiwa tufanane
githundi
#288 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:07:21 PM

Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Just wondering. ..how many earn above 450 k gross here. ..let us be real. .
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

Hii wazua sio ya watu wanaoishi huko Yols, ask admin to start a forum for "your kind" of people earning peanuts or you join me in relocating to Todonyang

Wewe Swenani wacha matusi. ..
Just saying those earning more than 450k are outliers in the scheme of things #Fact
Democracy does not belong to the dead
tnai9
#289 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:05:59 AM

Swenani wrote:

watu huku Nairobi boil stima for Breakfast and deep fry it for lunch...Kwanza inakaa hujaona hio ya 50K for shopping and food every month? On top of the boiled and fried stima

We are not necessarily talking about ourselves, we have colleagues, relatives and friends(experiences) whom we know very well and know(with 90% certainty) their costs. We also know they live a comfortable and befitting life in these upmarket places.
For stima, kuwa na water pump, bake/grill like thrice a week and come and report here what you will pay that month..

50K shopping and food covers all aspects including house gal, cloths, food etc.

From the kitchen...
Dinner comprising fish(not Swenanis smile ) and carbohydrates, fruits etc for a family of 5 will cost you minimum Ksh 900. That is one meal. So spending 30K on food per month in a middle class home is not extravagance.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
tnai9
#290 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:14:53 AM

githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

Hii wazua sio ya watu wanaoishi huko Yols, ask admin to start a forum for "your kind" of people earning peanuts or you join me in relocating to Todonyang

Just saying those earning more than 450k are outliers in the scheme of things #Fact

450K gross house hold income think ni wengi kiasi. OK I imagine. 450K gross salary for individuals will be mostly for deputy managers/managers in large Corporations/Private sector. Husband and wife who are in middle management in these corporations will also make that combined.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#291 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:49:39 AM

folks on wazua 24/7/365 and earning over 450k ? how

#hides
wukan
#292 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:51:57 AM

If you are relying on employment to generate that 300k lifestyle then stop imagining that you belong to the leafy suburbs. If you are fired today and cannot maintain that lifestyle for 5 years just go back to your lane. You are not that productive.
Lolest!
#293 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:13:43 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
folks on wazua 24/7/365 and earning over 450k ? how

#hides

In most organisations kuna 'food chain'

Those guys on the top(horses) spend time 'thinking'

Thinking could include wazuaing

The guys beneath them (donkeys) toil hard, bila net
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#294 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:15:29 PM

tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

450K gross house hold income think ni wengi kiasi. OK I imagine. 450K gross salary for individuals will be mostly for deputy managers/managers in large Corporations/Private sector. Husband and wife who are in middle management in these corporations will also make that combined.

You have no idea of what you are talking about!
sitaki.kujulikana
#295 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:11:39 PM

Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

I thought that is the starting salary of most software devs, akina masukuma na alma smile
newfarer
#296 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:25:53 PM

punda amecheka
newfarer
#297 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:29:10 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

I thought that is the starting salary of most software devs, akina masukuma na alma smile

I most large organisations with over 500 employees fewer than 10 employees earn more than 300000 pm from a point of knowledge
punda amecheka
josimar
#298 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:05:40 PM

Count Yourself lucky if You have a gross salary above 200,000ksh. The low mortgage uptake statistics in Kenya is a pointer that a small percentage of the population can comfortably service a monthly mortgage payment of 100,000ksh , that is unless You are a banker.
Swenani
#299 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:26:51 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
githundi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
githundi wrote:
Mimi sijafika huko. ..

Even a graduate with CPA and 3 yrs exp who is not a manager(who doesn't even supervise the filing clerk intern) makes that
sitaki.kujulikana
#300 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:27:44 PM

josimar wrote:

Count Yourself lucky if You have a gross salary above 200,000ksh. The low mortgage uptake statistics in Kenya is a pointer that a small percentage of the population can comfortably service a monthly mortgage payment of 100,000ksh , that is unless You are a banker.

it would be tricky using housing and especially mortgage as a pointer to what people earn, in kenya housing is cheap, do you know that majority of Kenyans actually own their homes, plus if one is even earning 50k it is very affordable for the same individual to own a house, a ka loan of 700k get one a nice plot and another loan of around 800k will put up a decent 3 bedroom house