wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<1011121314>»
What is a "good salary" in Kenya?
kaka2za
#221 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 1:28:23 AM

Larayna wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Americans built their country from scratch, and faced many challenges. We have also made good progress. We shall also overcome. Many of our parents grew up in unfavourable conditions (just like the early Americans in the photo below), but our current generation has progressed and are living in mansions, apartments while driving 4x4s.

Well Well , Americans did'nt start from scratch. They had millions of Slaves providing free labour for hundreds of years. Can you imagine how great Kenya will be if we had just two years of free labour.
And of Kenyans living in mansions, apartments and driving 4x4s, well thats less than 5% of the population. Nothing to be proud of. 80% of the population has no access to clean drinking water ( some 4x4s have mitungis in their trunks daily)

At least the slave owners in the US were providing slaves with food and accommodation. Majority of workers in Kenya don't earn enough to feed their families. In a way, there are providing cheaper labour than slaves because there is no burden on the employer to take care of them.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#222 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 11:11:07 AM

luttz wrote:
@ Kaka2za, so true. It's more safer in many war zones than in Nairobi. Not only within the region but in many other places as well. I doubt I can sleep with the door open in Nairobi but I gladly do so out here.

How many people die in Somalia or any other fragile country due to security situation and compare that with the Kenyans die of the same due to security?

You people have been brainwashed to justify the hardship allowances in Nairobi by the whiteman...

very sad!Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
kaka2za
#223 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 11:44:59 AM

Swenani wrote:
luttz wrote:
@ Kaka2za, so true. It's more safer in many war zones than in Nairobi. Not only within the region but in many other places as well. I doubt I can sleep with the door open in Nairobi but I gladly do so out here.

How many people die in Somalia or any other fragile country due to security situation and compare that with the Kenyans die of the same due to security?

You people have been brainwashed to justify the hardship allowances in Nairobi by the whiteman...

Sure more people die in more fragile countries mainly due to malnutrition rather than gunshots.
However, more die in Nairobi in armed robberies and traffic accidents . Good for you if you feel safe in Nairobi.
Am on my way to an open air gold market,am sure you would need Special forces to sell gold in Gikomba.
(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#224 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 1:59:23 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
luttz wrote:

Sure more people die in more fragile countries mainly due to malnutrition rather than gunshots.
However, more die in Nairobi in armed robberies and traffic accidents . Good for you if you feel safe in Nairobi.
Am on my way to an open air gold market,am sure you would need Special forces to sell gold in Gikomba.

Wewe, you are a lost cause.

in 2014,There were only 69300 crimes reported in Kenya(the whole of kenya) with Nairobi only having less than 7,000 incidences of crime. Crime related death toll was less than 400 including terrorism fatalities.

How many people have died in South Sudan, Somalia, Syria from the bullet etc in 2014 as compared to Kenya(Nairobi)?

In 2014, there were 11933 victims of accidents of which 2,910 were fatal
kaka2za
#225 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 2:18:54 PM

Swenani wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
luttz wrote:

in 2014,There were only 69300 crimes reported in Kenya(the whole of kenya) with Nairobi only having less than 7,000 incidences of crime. Crime related death toll was less than 400 including terrorism fatalities.

How many people have died in South Sudan, Somalia, Syria from the bullet etc in 2014 as compared to Kenya(Nairobi)?

Reported. ....I stopped reading right there!

(James Russell Rowell)
Swenani
#226 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 2:30:18 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Swenani wrote:
luttz wrote:

Reported. ....I stopped reading right there!

Great, where do you get your crime statistics when comparing Nairobi and the war torn countries?Unreported crime-where is that data found btw?

I do not have the resources to conduct my own crime investigation thus why i depend on the reported crime rates
kyt
#227 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 3:16:20 PM

kaka we kaa huko kuzuri, tuachie kenya yetu tuishi, kama huko ni kuzuri ishi huko, hapana letea sisi
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Swenani
#228 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 3:40:39 PM

kyt wrote:
kaka we kaa huko kuzuri, tuachie kenya yetu tuishi, kama huko ni kuzuri ishi huko, hapana letea sisi

asande sana pwana
kaka2za
#229 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 3:42:57 PM

kyt wrote:

Nimesema Kwangu ni Uthiru Ndumbuini. Hapa natafuta ajira.
Somebody said peace is not necessarily absence of war.
I reiterate that Nairobi is the most insecure place outside war areas.
(James Russell Rowell)
Wakanyugi
#230 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 7:43:51 PM

kaka2za wrote:
kyt wrote:

When did you last live in a war area? Sometimes I wish I could ship some Kenyans to Somalia or South Sudan. These kinds of inane comments would be history. One day I hope we'll learn to appreciate what we already have before we lose it.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
sitaki.kujulikana
#231 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 9:43:46 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kyt wrote:

When did you last live in a war area? Sometimes I wish I could ship some Kenyans to Somalia or South Sudan. These kinds of inane comments would be history. One day I hope we'll learn to appreciate what we already have before we lose it.

kenyans just love gossip and rumors, we are allergic to facts so don't even wish reality on us. smile
kaka2za
#232 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2016 10:33:48 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kyt wrote:

kenyans just love gossip and rumors, we are allergic to facts so don't even wish reality on us. smile

Stop being pedantic.I was in South Sudan for several years during the worst period. Judging by your language you are a young boy whose knowledge of SS is the post Garang period.
I won't flaunt my experience in conflict areas here.

(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#233 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2016 1:34:32 PM

enyands
#234 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 8:47:42 AM

Pat87 wrote:
I just moved to the US and let me tell you,i am biting myself why i didnt come here earlier,surely people have been hacking this good life while i am kulaing traffic in Nairobi???people who say they better stay in Kenya say that because they have NOT LIVED in the US and all they hear is hearsay from people.
Let me tell you,if you come the right way and your paperwork is legal,the sky is the limit,if you come kichorochoro you will regret,hapa no kitu kidogo,you break laws you serve time.Kuja the right way,dont pick n choose jobs,do what you can,do at least two jobs,for example,doing customer service at $11 an hr(Kes per hr 1100) and then doing evening shift at a hotel for another $12 an hrs will give you roughly $2700 per month,if you add extra hrs that's around $3000,that's almost 300k kes,for someone who just arrived doing entry level jobs,toa house rent(water n garbage)700(people paying 70k kes in Kenyan are livig in Kleleshwa)electricity 100(at most),car n gas(Kenyans we say mafuta)300pm,shopping 400 pm ,health insurance hmo 350 Total=$1850,i am saving over $1k(that is around 100k kes)in savings which if i decide to send home hata 70k,i am still set,driving comfortable car,staying in a beautiful house,being able to go to hospital if sick,eating comfortably,come on,entry level in Kenya is being paid $35k,kungangana na matatu.If you can kuja huku,work hard,invest in Kenya.it really doesn't earn you much so its better you invest in US but home is home,so set it up comfortable in case trump gets in office and decides to put all Kenyans in a plane,lol,all in all,wacheni kudanganywa eti people suffer overseas,those who do,something is off,cz this short time i have been here i have met practicing lawyers and doctors who are Kenyans,hata mayors,so those sleeping on the street must be bad luck.God knows our journeys,do not be discouraged with other peoples bad stories,come live better and earn more,you know,dignified life.

link
Wakanyugi
#235 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 12:54:06 PM

kaka2za wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kyt wrote:

Stop being pedantic.I was in South Sudan for several years during the worst period. Judging by your language you are a young boy whose knowledge of SS is the post Garang period.

You lived in pre Garang South Sudan and you still think Nairobi is more dangerous? Tell us another one, this one sticks out a whole mile.

Even the people who live in UN compounds in Juba have to come to Nairobi regularly for R&R.

It is your right to hate your own country, but don't tell bare faced lies while at it. I can bet you have never been beyond Kakuma.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
kaka2za
#236 Posted : Friday, February 05, 2016 1:48:27 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
kyt wrote:

You lived in pre Garang South Sudan and you still think Nairobi is more dangerous? Tell us another one, this one sticks out a whole mile.

Even the people who live in UN compounds in Juba have to come to Nairobi regularly for R&R.

It is your right to hate your own country, but don't tell bare faced lies while at it. I can bet you have never been beyond Kakuma.

I said outside war areas as highlighted somewhere above.
You win the bet . I have never been outside Nairobi the haven of peace and tranquillity.
Expats coming over for RnR proves nothing. Some also go to Cape town which is also a hotbed of armed crime.
(James Russell Rowell)
Mseto binti
#237 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2016 12:34:39 PM

With the current situation in Kenya Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray your 3 best options for a good salo would constitute the following:

1. Apply for a government post in lucrative ministries ie lands, energy, irrigation, Devolution etc…despite the job group as u know the govt has very good sponsorship programs for advancement….not to mention that the kickbacks + facilitation fees, per diems you will make will add up to a very “ GOOD SALARY”….hapa ndipo pesa ya BURE IKO!Drool Drool Drool Drool

2. Go the jua kali way as by the time 2-3 years are gone u will have made you mistakes learnt the ropes not to mention the ample time you will have to try so many other ventures and to grab opportunities when they crop up…not to mention that you can apply for the some tax exemption categories that apply for this sector…woii wacha tu!....I mean I know of a mama who got into the mafuta business supplying the mutindwa residents from her buruburu abode..i mean after hawking mafuta from 8am to about 3pm the mama would have a kaloose change of about 50-100k depending on day of the week..now she is a proud runda resident who employed hubby as the MD after only 2 years of hawking mafuta ya stovu!!Applause Not talking Not talking Add this storo to aguy who is a VVIP to KRA as one of the biggest taxpayers after he decided to weld peoples gates for a living only to have a biz 2o years later that transacts about 3M daily in sales selling sweeping brooms,screws to cement!..such stories make me wonder where my old man n lady were when such decisions were made by their agemates!!Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
3. Become a toyboy aka gigolo for an expense free life courtsy of mulad mamas of top bizmen/politicians/tenderpreneurs etc…I mean all u have to do is hit the gym 2 hrs for 6 days/week..the vigour those chumas will give u Swenani haweskimake….i mean with a grooming allowance, car of choice shopping at CMC,DT Dobie n such names, monthly allowance, upkeep fee, club membership oh my why not..and all for keeping the youthful health!!!Sickquot; :d/ :d/ :d/ :d/

Those are the only means as for the lie od digriis in Kenya its such a lie that when you discover it I donno how many MBA’s later man you youth is gone and all there is the middle-age bitterness so common in our cities its pitiful!As for majuu mimi hiyo siyui after some fala brond at the US embassy asked me a dumbsit Q afew years back when I tried to apply for a student visa ave neva gone back since not to mention I have been everywhere else!!!

So youngman be dually advised!Shhh Shhh Shhh Shhh
I found meaningful work🤓
Swenani
#238 Posted : Monday, February 08, 2016 3:25:57 PM

Mseto binti wrote:
With the current situation in Kenya Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray your 3 best options for a good salo would constitute the following:

1. Apply for a government post in lucrative ministries ie lands, energy, irrigation, Devolution etc…despite the job group as u know the govt has very good sponsorship programs for advancement….not to mention that the kickbacks + facilitation fees, per diems you will make will add up to a very “ GOOD SALARY”….hapa ndipo pesa ya BURE IKO!Drool Drool Drool Drool

2. Go the jua kali way as by the time 2-3 years are gone u will have made you mistakes learnt the ropes not to mention the ample time you will have to try so many other ventures and to grab opportunities when they crop up…not to mention that you can apply for the some tax exemption categories that apply for this sector…woii wacha tu!....I mean I know of a mama who got into the mafuta business supplying the mutindwa residents from her buruburu abode..i mean after hawking mafuta from 8am to about 3pm the mama would have a kaloose change of about 50-100k depending on day of the week..now she is a proud runda resident who employed hubby as the MD after only 2 years of hawking mafuta ya stovu!!Applause Not talking Not talking Add this storo to aguy who is a VVIP to KRA as one of the biggest taxpayers after he decided to weld peoples gates for a living only to have a biz 2o years later that transacts about 3M daily in sales selling sweeping brooms,screws to cement!..such stories make me wonder where my old man n lady were when such decisions were made by their agemates!!Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
3. Become a toyboy aka gigolo for an expense free life courtsy of mulad mamas of top bizmen/politicians/tenderpreneurs etc…I mean all u have to do is hit the gym 2 hrs for 6 days/week..the vigour those chumas will give u Swenani haweskimake….i mean with a grooming allowance, car of choice shopping at CMC,DT Dobie n such names, monthly allowance, upkeep fee, club membership oh my why not..and all for keeping the youthful health!!!Sickquot; :d/ :d/ :d/ :d/

Those are the only means as for the lie od digriis in Kenya its such a lie that when you discover it I donno how many MBA’s later man you youth is gone and all there is the middle-age bitterness so common in our cities its pitiful!As for majuu mimi hiyo siyui after some fala brond at the US embassy asked me a dumbsit Q afew years back when I tried to apply for a student visa ave neva gone back since not to mention I have been everywhere else!!!

ebu link me,I can go to the gym once linked up
Mseto binti
#239 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:29:50 PM

Swenani wrote:
Mseto binti wrote:

@ Swenani u r already linked up...si u r voting for Martha so kuna vile u r on the right track...just hit the gym my brotha!!!
I found meaningful work🤓
Swenani
#240 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 4:33:28 PM

Mseto binti wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Mseto binti wrote:

@ Swenani u r already linked up...si u r voting for Martha so kuna vile u r on the right track...just hit the gym my brotha!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

That will be a conflict of interests,I do not like mixing pleasure with Biz and vice versa

I'm a professional