Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Bad breath..how to get help for a loved one
smith01
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:44:32 AM

Mukiri wrote:
eco wrote:
smith01 wrote:

Someone tell me how to go about telling someone that they have bad breath politely and actually getting them some help. From the little research that I have done, there are other causes apart from poor oral hygiene. The person actually practices proper oral hygiene but it persists.

Thing is I don't know if he is aware Sad

Persistent bad breath even after proper oral hygiene can be an indication of a more serious condition like in kidney or liver. Help the person to get help beyond over-the-counter. A visit to a dentist for through examination can help. If need be, see a physician too!

Nditto.

Google 'Candida' (can also be sexually transmitted) or 'Bad odor'. There are many sufferers out there. A person might need to make a complete lifestyle change. This with the guide of a dentist, gastroenterologist and nutritionist. It might not be a little problem as some would assume.

And like someone said, outright honesty in a loving way. How about a lengthy loving letter.

@Mukiri
This is very insightful. I will explore honesty and support the person. It is somewhat scary as to what the cause could be and the treatment process.
streetwise
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:09:03 PM

I would sugest a visit to a general practitioner for initial recommedations, this is the best bet.
Coolio
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:13:42 PM

Listerine and Sensodyne..
Nadondosha meli kubwa seuze ngalawa!
ali
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:39:34 AM

Also discussed in today’s Daily Nation. Take a look.
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
youcan'tstopusnow
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:13:36 PM

ali wrote:

Also discussed in today’s Daily Nation. Take a look.

Wamezoea sasa! Wazua iitishe royalties;-)
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Motomoto
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 1:23:18 PM

smith01 wrote:

Someone tell me how to go about telling someone that they have bad breath politely and actually getting them some help. From the little research that I have done, there are other causes apart from poor oral hygiene. The person actually practices proper oral hygiene but it persists.

Thing is I don't know if he is aware Sad

Maybe its natural. If you have read "The Governments Inspector" by Nikolai Gogol, you will remember that one of the characters (cant recall his name) had a breath that reeked of whiskey and as he explains, there was nothing he could do about it (humor of course)
StatBoy
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:22:34 PM

TiggerTiggy wrote:
what if the smell is coming from "down there"? some women have serious issuesSad

...oh my, don't i have a story and a half related to this...
jguru
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:39:24 PM

StatBoy wrote:
TiggerTiggy wrote:
what if the smell is coming from "down there"? some women have serious issuesSad

StatBoy, please tell... smile
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
jguru
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:43:11 PM

StatBoy wrote:
TiggerTiggy wrote:

Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
StatBoy
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:25:13 AM

jguru wrote:
StatBoy wrote:
TiggerTiggy wrote:

...where do i sta(r)t? i know Notorious BIG once said something about sanitation in the song 'one more chance' but in this case there was nuthin' being got! i have always been an advocate for personal cleanliness and have admired ladies who keep high standards of hygiene but i didn't realise how much the absence of the aforementioned quality would cripple a grown man... particularly when it comes to light unexpectedly at the moment of great expectation!... excuses ranged from a headache, to being worn out, to muscle cramps, even the cold weather... but a week is a long time my friend and when these excuses could not be utilised any more... plenty of EtOH plus a well executed plan of a mutual cleaning session made things momentarily bearable... never seen days go by so slowly... even on my worst enemy,i wish not this to happen...Pray Pray Pray
xyzee
#31 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:41:36 AM

tell him/her to accompany you to a dentist for your own checkup and while at it suggest to them to see the same doctor after you are done. Make sure you explain this to the doctor in advance
smith01
#32 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:42:26 AM

xyzee wrote:
tell him/her to accompany you to a dentist for your own checkup and while at it suggest to them to see the same doctor after you are done. Make sure you explain this to the doctor in advance

smile
ChumsQuest
#33 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 8:21:28 AM

Google cure for halitosis. One major cause is cavities and may need deep cleaning by a dentist and possible extraction. Mouthwash mostly masks it but does not do the trick. Flossing is very important too along with brushing teeth 2x/daily.
harrydre
#34 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:23:53 PM

smith01 wrote:
xyzee wrote:

smile

sounds like the best solution. you can fake a toothache or something you just need to get him to see your dentist though if he/she is smart they should figure it out. Laughing out loudly
i.am.back!!!!
Mukiri
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 05, 2018 1:52:31 AM

Update?

There are many diseases that lead to bad breath and body odor, among them cancer. A little compassion and empathy would go a long way.

Major culprit of bad breath, where dental hygiene is met and loss of sense of smell has occurred, are the sinus. Among the diseases affecting sinus are
1. Sinusitis (with constant post nasal drip)
2. Rhinitis (There are several versions of this disease)
3. Diphtheria
4. Tuberculosis of nasal mucosa
5. TMAU

Proverbs 19:21