wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<45678>
Disruptive technologies and innovation
Rankaz13
#101 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 2:57:59 AM

Now this:

Making fire from water!!
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
symbols
#102 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:57:16 PM

hisah
#103 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:28:16 PM

@symbols - you'll definitely like this idea... But most ISPs and data pipe vendors will get scared stiff for this will surely crash data tariffs. And it's global!

Introducing OuterNet the future Internet - https://www.outernet.is/

Quote:
There are more computing devices in the world than people, yet only 60% of the global population has access to the wealth of knowledge found on the Internet. The price of smartphones and tablets is dropping year after year, but the price of data in many parts of the world continues to be unaffordable for the majority of global citizens. In some places, such as rural areas and remote regions, cell towers and Internet cables simply don't exist. The primary objective of the Outernet is to bridge the global information divide.

Quote:
Broadcasting data allows citizens to reduce their reliance on costly Internet data plans in places where monthly fees are too expensive for average citizens. And offering continuously updated web content from space bypasses censorship of the Internet. An additional benefit of a unidirectional information network is the creation of a global notification system during emergencies and natural disasters.

Access to knowledge and information is a human right and Outernet will guarantee this right by taking a practical approach to information delivery. By transmitting digital content to mobile devices, simple antennae, and existing satellite dishes, a basic level of news, information, education, and entertainment will be available to all of humanity.

Although Outernet's near-term goal is to provide the entire world with broadcast data, the long-term vision includes the addition of two-way Internet access for everyone. For free.

By 2030 I am sure beyond doubt that the world will be very different going by the decade yardstick disruption measurement in the technology world which has now grabbed the last system, that is the monetary system. It has already digitized it and giving the money masters a very hard time (bitcoin et al).
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
symbols
#104 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:44:07 PM

Interesting development.I agree things will be very different by then.The disruption is just beginning considering billions are yet to get online and start participating.
OffersAfrica
#105 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:51:46 PM

These are really great ideas! The internet is definitely the next frontier. Someone mentioned mind control, and I think that would be something like smart search. Whereby, the internet becomes more 'intuitive' in terms of anticipating your search needs, very unlike Google insta search. I mean, if you search for hotels, the internet will instantly refine the search in terms of 5-star, 3-star, 'intuitively'. It would be very interesting to find out what kind of disruptive technologies and innovation we could expect in online shopping, especially in Kenya apart from Apps.
Check OffersAfrica.com and look for promos, offers & Discounts from reputable businesses before you shop and Save Instantly!
murchr
#106 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 7:13:03 AM

Toyota Mirai -------- fueled by everything

powered by water
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
¿
#107 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:14:15 PM

murchr
#108 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 11:04:32 PM

The Bank Tellers job is going....if this is what gives you bread and butter....start thinking out otherwise.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
penkon
#109 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:19:52 AM

murchr wrote:
The Bank Tellers job is going....if this is what gives you bread and butter....start thinking out otherwise.

the P2P PCH will be a game changer to the payment systems
washiku
#110 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:24:23 PM

murchr wrote:

I told one the same, and asked him to read "Who moved my Cheese"

Cde Monomotapa
#111 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:50:06 PM

Quote:
If you don’t stay on top of disruptive technologies, there is a good chance your company will experience lost profits and possibly even complete failure. For those reasons, CFOs list technology as the most stressful and high-pressure part of their jobs.,,
https://agenda.weforum.o...&utm_campaign=buffer
murchr
#112 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 6:23:53 AM

SPACEX has sent a rocket to space and landed it back in 10 MINS.

S.Mutaga III
#113 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:41:33 PM

Uber...3D printing...crypto-currencies...the sky is the limit.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Cde Monomotapa
#114 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2016 8:08:41 AM

Equity Group reaps big from investment in digital channels
http://cio.co.ke/news/ma...ls#.Vt7gUt9rGTI.twitter

Quote:
Agency banking transactions increased by 35 percent in the period under review to reach 51.3 million transactions valued at Sh341.5 billion while transactions on its mobile banking platform Equitel increased by 1000 percent to hit 151 million transactions valued at Sh114.9 billion.

Volume of total loans disbursed on mobile phones reached 8.5 billion on account of 1.9 million loans with the total number of mobile loans accounting for 78 percent of all the loans disbursed during the year.
http://www.capitalfm.co....profit-hovers-at-sh17bn/
streetwise
#115 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2016 8:37:20 AM

Hii nimoto. Its has totally disrupted me !!!!
Cde Monomotapa
#116 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 9:05:30 AM

Equity Bank CEO: ‘The future will be driven by digital banking, not brick and mortar’

Quote:
“However, not everybody will move to virtual banking so the branches will still be necessary to serve slow adopters for as long as they want. The two banks will exist side by side. Angel

http://www.howwemadeitin...-brick-and-mortar/53690/
murchr
#117 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 7:34:09 PM

washiku wrote:
murchr wrote:

Diamond Trust Bank (DTB) has opened its first fully digital branch where clients will conduct all activities electronically when transferring, withdrawing and banking money.

The digitised ATM machines, the first in the country, will take over human services usually rendered by tellers where they will receive money, count and enter the details before issuing a customer with a receipt confirming the transaction.

The staff stationed at the lender's Garden City mall will mainly focus on recruiting new clients mainly targeting the Ruaraka industrial community, residents of new Muthaiga as well as customers and shop operators within then mall.
enyands
#118 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:00:40 AM

murchr wrote:
washiku wrote:
murchr wrote:

Diamond Trust Bank (DTB) has opened its first fully digital branch where clients will conduct all activities electronically when transferring, withdrawing and banking money.

The digitised ATM machines, the first in the country, will take over human services usually rendered by tellers where they will receive money, count and enter the details before issuing a customer with a receipt confirming the transaction.

The staff stationed at the lender's Garden City mall will mainly focus on recruiting new clients mainly targeting the Ruaraka industrial community, residents of new Muthaiga as well as customers and shop operators within then mall.

Nice
streetwise
#119 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:13:21 AM

Who remembers airlines used to have flight engineers. I think the bank teller job will follow similar trend
Ash Ock
#120 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:27:31 AM

streetwise wrote:
Who remembers airlines used to have flight engineers. I think the bank teller job will follow similar trend

Could be much worse than that:

Digital Revolution Threatens Human Workforce: AI/ Robots To Take 5 Million Jobs By 2020, WEF Predicts

Would you bet against sex robots? AI 'could leave half of world unemployed'

In 1997, The New York Ties predicted that no computer would beat a human in the game Go until maybe 2100. Just nineteen years later, a couple of weeks ago to be precise, this happens:

A program called AlphaGo, designed by Google's DeepMind artificial-intelligence team, just won a game against Lee Sedol, one of the world's greatest Go players.

Sent from my Black Nokia 3310