wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<34567>»
Disruptive technologies and innovation
D32
#81 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:53:00 PM

Just to add, there was a ted on data transfer via led lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaoSp4NpkGg
They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds.
murchr
#82 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 11:32:31 PM

Most over hyped and underhyped technologies

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
symbols
#83 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:07:18 AM

It all starts with sorting out energy(renewable),then a mesh between smartphones and IOT.Advanced materials dictate the future like iron and steel did in the industrial revolution.
masukuma
#84 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 9:30:02 AM

this is a letter to a 'young programmer wanting to build a startup'
a notable quotation from the letter is
Alex Payne wrote:
I am deeply skeptical of this system. I’m skeptical of this system’s slavering, self-congratulatory fetishization of “disruption” while so obviously becoming the sort of stolid institution it seeks to displace. I’m skeptical of the startup community’s often short-term outlook. I’m particularly skeptical of its callous disregard for both the lives of the people who participate in it and the lives of those who live in the world that startups seek to reshape.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
symbols
#85 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:11:17 AM

masukuma wrote:
this is a letter to a 'young programmer wanting to build a startup'
a notable quotation from the letter is
Alex Payne wrote:
I am deeply skeptical of this system. I’m skeptical of this system’s slavering, self-congratulatory fetishization of “disruption” while so obviously becoming the sort of stolid institution it seeks to displace. I’m skeptical of the startup community’s often short-term outlook. I’m particularly skeptical of its callous disregard for both the lives of the people who participate in it and the lives of those who live in the world that startups seek to reshape.

Insightful to say the least.I agree with what he's saying although I feel like he held back the bitter sweet truth.
symbols
#86 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 1:26:55 AM

symbols
#87 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:58:38 AM

hisah
#88 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:09:30 AM

LED fleshlight Laughing out loudly Nice comment
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
symbols
#89 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 5:36:27 AM

symbols
#90 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 5:38:01 AM

murchr
#91 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:42:09 PM

http://techcrunch.com/20...ove-his-exploit-works/#!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
symbols
#92 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:30:07 AM

webish
#93 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:26:31 AM

Tech is always about the future of humanity.. Nice article.

If only we had IP addressable Matatus, and extended up to the seats. Eish.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
symbols
#94 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:10:07 AM

webish wrote:

Quote:
If all objects and people in daily life were equipped with identifiers, they could be managed and inventoried by computers. It is done by tagging things and or people using such technologies as near field communication, digital watermarking as well as bar codes.

There are so many things I find wrong with the article but I'll name one.Internet of things is the central theme of the article.At what point do people become 'things' to be tagged,inventoried and managed?
webish
#95 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:36:49 AM

symbols wrote:
webish wrote:

Quote:
If all objects and people in daily life were equipped with identifiers, they could be managed and inventoried by computers. It is done by tagging things and or people using such technologies as near field communication, digital watermarking as well as bar codes.

There are so many things I find wrong with the article but I'll name one.Internet of things is the central theme of the article.At what point do people become 'things' to be tagged,inventoried and managed?

i see. but with advent of 'wearable technology' then we may as well say 'people' are connected and part of the 'internet of things'. because human and tech will be one (if not yet). smile

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
symbols
#96 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:40:58 AM

webish wrote:
symbols wrote:
webish wrote:

Quote:

i see. but with advent of 'wearable technology' then we may as well say 'people' are connected and part of the 'internet of things'. because human and tech will be one (if not yet). smile

True.
symbols
#97 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 1:02:57 AM

Interesting.
Rankaz13
#98 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 7:45:23 AM

I chanced upon a BBC feature showing Internet of things jana, quite interesting I must say. But to me the best I saw was these two lady scientists who have patented a technique for 'printing' breast tissue with a 3-D printer using live cells. The technology is already in use apparently, so far offering breast reconstruction for breast cancer patients. The future indeed can only be exciting to say the least!
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Museveni
#99 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 8:31:00 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
I chanced upon a BBC feature showing Internet of things jana, quite interesting I must say. But to me the best I saw was these two lady scientists who have patented a technique for 'printing' breast tissue with a 3-D printer using live cells. The technology is already in use apparently, so far offering breast reconstruction for breast cancer patients. The future indeed can only be exciting to say the least!

Click is the name of the program.
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Rankaz13
#100 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 9:23:26 AM

Museveni wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:

Click is the name of the program.

Yes bro, thank you for that. Hii night shift is really messing with my brain cellssmile
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.