wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
CLASS 101: Deciphering Financial Statements.
Pesa Nane
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:44:42 PM

@Marty is doing a commendable job enlightening readers on The Power of Financial Education thread.
Can the Wazua Financial Gurus give tips on interpreting the financial statements? Understanding Co. values? Screening out 'cooking' and exaggerated 'future outlooks' etc
FACT: Most people just read the PAT and Dividend part.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Mukiri
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:20:29 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
@Marty is doing a commendable job enlightening readers on The Power of Financial Education thread.
Can the Wazua Financial Gurus give tips on interpreting the financial statements? Understanding Co. values? Screening out 'cooking' and exaggerated 'future outlooks' etc

'Can the ..... 'Shame on you Unless your mother is here, I'd advice you to use 'Please .....' A little politeness goes a long way.

Yours though is a noble idea. I sometimes get confused on terminologies used, how to decipher and how to apply them.

Proverbs 19:21
rock
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:38:01 AM

Mukiri wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

'Can the ..... 'Shame on you Unless your mother is here, I'd advice you to use 'Please .....' A little politeness goes a long way.

Yours though is a noble idea. I sometimes get confused on terminologies used, how to decipher and how to apply them.

murchr
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:01:17 AM

Mukiri wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Are you saying that we should disrespect our mothers?

Invest in good books on money mgt and stocks then ask specific questions
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
holycow
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:12:59 AM

Pesa Nane
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:09:46 AM

Mukiri wrote:

@Mukiri, Please, Please, Please smile However, the context is very polite: 1. Class 101 signifies humble admission to being a Wanjiku. 2.The intro is a tribute to @Marty (and all Wazuans). 3. 'Can' here is used as a request as opposed to a command. Remember 'can' allows for a YES or NO answer. 4. Are you aware of the wazua spirit? 5. You state that a little politeness goes a long way then adds 'unless your mother...Sad Wonder how polite that is. 6. In your own words, "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established, through knowledge its rooms are filled..." Wazua is the house!. But then again, Please, Please
Mukiri
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:21:03 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

@Mukiri, Please, Please, Please smile However, the context is very polite: 1. Class 101 signifies humble admission to being a Wanjiku. 2.The intro is a tribute to @Marty (and all Wazuans). 3. 'Can' here is used as a request as opposed to a command. Remember 'can' allows for a YES or NO answer. 4. Are you aware of the wazua spirit? 5. You state that a little politeness goes a long way then adds 'unless your mother...Sad Wonder how polite that is. 6. In your own words, "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established, through knowledge its rooms are filled..." Wazua is the house!. But then again, Please, Please

hehehe.. Sawa sawa boss, makosa imefanyika. Language much strong but you've gotten the message.

Proverbs 19:21
maka
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:19:25 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

...you must start from the basics what the different kinds of ststements are;what is found in them,how the figures there are derived...the CFA level 1 Schwarzer workbook on Financial Reporting and Analysis is really good and it starts from the basics...ukipata shida post swali hapa kuna wale wanoma...smile
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:05:54 AM

Just thinking @Pesanane wasnt fairly treated here...we have people who have immense knowledge in FSA that many people can benefit from I personally hate units that have anything accounting in them...but i must also admit that FSA is very interesting...so how about we start from scratch,the basics so that for all those who do not know how to read and interpret financial statements they may get something out of it...posts about NAV,EPS,PBT etc hupita watu wengine who might want to know what they mean...
Nabwire
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:48:30 AM

Just take a basics class in Financial Accounting, some things are really hard to teach, moreso online.
Pesa Nane
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:53:36 AM

maka wrote:
Just thinking @Pesanane wasnt fairly treated here...we have people who have immense knowledge in FSA that many people can benefit from I personally hate units that have anything accounting in them...but i must also admit that FSA is very interesting...so how about we start from scratch,the basics so that for all those who do not know how to read and interpret financial statements they may get something out of it...posts about NAV,EPS,PBT etc hupita watu wengine who might want to know what they mean...

@MAKA for chief!
simmons
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:10:22 PM

pesa nane hebu ni show site ile inawe show soko vile ina trade in details Pls za
Never be afraid to try something new.Remeber,amateurs built the ark Professionals built titanic.-Anonymous
Pesa Nane
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:32:47 PM

simmons wrote:
pesa nane hebu ni show site ile inawe show soko vile ina trade in details Pls za

Pesa Nane wrote:
simmons wrote:
simmons wrote:
Which site can i get full details of realtime tradings. the amount of supply and demands,plus the pricing.ill appreciate any idea
Guru,hisah,pesa naneAguytrying, have any idea?

Register on rich.co.ke It has everything you ask.

Rink

simmons
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:37:58 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
simmons wrote:

Pesa Nane wrote:
simmons wrote:
simmons wrote:
Which site can i get full details of realtime tradings. the amount of supply and demands,plus the pricing.ill appreciate any idea
Guru,hisah,pesa naneAguytrying, have any idea?

Register on rich.co.ke It has everything you ask.

Rink

Thanx bro i appreciate
Never be afraid to try something new.Remeber,amateurs built the ark Professionals built titanic.-Anonymous
Pesa Nane
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:43:38 PM

@simmons, is it working for you? So what are you 'toothcombing' over there?
simmons
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:01:48 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

I think it will work for me.havent registered yet,just click to the link you sent me.Msc bought kidogo shares @4.50
Pesa Nane
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:09:59 PM

simmons wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

I think it will work for me.havent registered yet,just click to the link you sent me.Msc bought kidogo shares @4.50

Its part of my speculative play. Drool
ADVICE: Get yourself some fire-proof gloves just in case it tries to burn our fingers. Pray
simmons
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:18:40 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
simmons wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Its part of my speculative play. Drool
ADVICE: Get yourself some fire-proof gloves just in case it tries to burn our fingers. Pray

part of my speculative tool.do you see it hitting 6 soon?
maka
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:35:14 PM

Nabwire wrote:
Just take a basics class in Financial Accounting, some things are really hard to teach, moreso online.

not really the problem is you have to take all the other units...what we can do is start with the basics of accounting put them in this one thread then even in future a newbie can just read through get from baby steps to a full grown adult who can decipher the various ratios,make industry comparison,know how to relate the economy's performance and the stock market etc...It can be done...
maka
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:38:04 PM

maka wrote:
Nabwire wrote:

not really the problem is you have to take all the other units...what we can do is start with the basics of accounting put them in this one thread then even in future a newbie can just read through get from baby steps to a full grown adult who can decipher the various ratios,make industry comparison,know how to relate the economy's performance and the stock market etc...It can be done...

Later today we will start our class...we can do this.