5 Pages«<2345>
Best Trees for a Tree Forest?
murchr
#61 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 8:05:21 PM

Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

I actually met Him in Karura Tree Bio-tech nursery in April while I was buying tree Seedlings and only realized who He was much later when I saw Him in the press - so down to earth

As rich as he is, theft should tell him something. Don't grow alone! Grow with your neighbours. Buy them seedling to plant or better yet set up a point for germination and grafting of seedlings

Thieves will steal, no matter what you do for them.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kawi254
#62 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 8:50:24 PM

murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

I actually met Him in Karura Tree Bio-tech nursery in April while I was buying tree Seedlings and only realized who He was much later when I saw Him in the press - so down to earth

As rich as he is, theft should tell him something. Don't grow alone! Grow with your neighbours. Buy them seedling to plant or better yet set up a point for germination and grafting of seedlings

Peter Kenneth while He was MP for Gatanga noticed that tree seedlings they were planting along Gatanga roads were getting stolen. Instead of pursuing the thieves He Kept replacing the seedling which in turn some got stolen. End result was Gatanga constituency tree cover increased as you can only steal a tree seedling to plant
mawinder
#63 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:33:04 AM

kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Peter Kenneth while He was MP for Gatanga noticed that tree seedlings they were planting along Gatanga roads were getting stolen. Instead of pursuing the thieves He Kept replacing the seedling which in turn some got stolen. End result was Gatanga constituency tree cover increased as you can only steal a tree seedling to plant

I have no problem with a thief who steals tree seedlings...
Angelica _ann
#64 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 5:34:41 PM

mawinder wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mukiri
#65 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 5:06:08 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Nyinyi muko na jokes. Some thieves in their quest to get to the seedlings leave a trail of destruction. That, and they might visit your site for seedlings but leave with something else.

Such was the case in my place. They made to with my fruit tree seedlings. Instead of resulting to shoot somebody, I offered an avenue for the generation of quality seedlings amongst my neighbours.

Proverbs 19:21
Gathige
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 2:05:45 PM

Looking for Moringa seeds to develop a nursery and thereafter to grow the trees and explore opportunities. Any leads on where to get the seeds would be highly appreciated
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
hardwood
#67 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:33:54 PM

Gathige wrote:
Looking for Moringa seeds to develop a nursery and thereafter to grow the trees and explore opportunities. Any leads on where to get the seeds would be highly appreciated

KEFRI Hqts Muguga.
Mukiri
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:33:27 PM

Gathige wrote:

mmuukkiirrii et gmail. Welcome to the club

Gathige
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:37:34 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Gathige wrote:

mmuukkiirrii et gmail. Welcome to the club

Thanks. I have inboxed
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Mukiri
#70 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:42:03 AM

kawi254 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
The recent rains in Makueni while appreciated have caused much erosion of the river bank causing the river bed to widen.

What trees can be planted on a sand river bed to try and reclaim land that the recent rains(floods) have grabbed? Between now and the short rains in November the plants need to have established. In My Makueni locality people plant kitethia and miangi (sp) ....want to check on other plants/trees that can be planted on a sandy river bed and would get established in a few months

Permanent river? Hasn't Eucalyptus been the to-go tree for water-logged areas? Fast growing, heavy feeder, very marketable.

No, you can't plant Eucalyptus next to a river bed. It is a seasonal river.

Eucalyptus are political; when the river runs dry everyone will blame the Eucalyptus trees. Indigenous trees are OK, but they grow slowly. Will try out Melia Volkensii (mukau)

Croton? Bio-fuel

raveras kenya
#71 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 2:00:00 PM

I think you should do some research on it before final seeding or planting. Also if you opt a greenhouse with a roof, will be better
MugundaMan
#72 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 2:46:35 AM

I have found a place where I can get Moringa and Neem seedlings
But jameni where on earth (within greater Nairobi) can I find the following

Wood

- Teak seedlings

- Mahogany seedlings

Ornamental

- Crepe Myrtle (as shown below... but with any colour flower)

Fruit

-Cherry seedlings (or even seeds)

-Pomegranate seedlings

- Olive seedlings

Seems these are not very popular in our dear Kiinya

Any leads would be appreciated!

mugundaman at gee-mail dot com
Wakanyugi
#73 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 6:01:09 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

Wood

- Teak seedlings

- Mahogany seedlings

Ornamental

Fruit

-Pomegranate seedlings

- Olive seedlings

Have you tried KARI Muguga? They used to have ten.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
MugundaMan
#74 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 9:14:20 AM

Wakanyugi wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Wood

- Teak seedlings

- Mahogany seedlings

Ornamental

Fruit

-Pomegranate seedlings

- Olive seedlings

Not yet Wakanyugs. Thanks for the tip. Will go there and see if they have any of what I am looking for.
Chaka
#75 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:03:10 AM

Where?
MugundaMan wrote:

MugundaMan
#76 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 1:47:11 PM

Chaka wrote:
Where?
MugundaMan wrote:

KEFRI Karura!
murchr
#77 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 4:18:27 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Wood

- Teak seedlings

- Mahogany seedlings

Ornamental

Fruit

-Pomegranate seedlings

- Olive seedlings

Not yet Wakanyugs. Thanks for the tip. Will go there and see if they have any of what I am looking for.

Wakanyugi what do they have at Muguga? And why are these research organizations not having websites showing what they currently have? Surely its not hard to host a list with pictures...
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#78 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:10:01 PM

Chaka wrote:
Where?
MugundaMan wrote:

Can you be posting at the bottom of the quote like everyone else. Your posts huko juu are very annoying.
Wakanyugi
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 1:34:53 PM

murchr wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Wood

- Teak seedlings

- Mahogany seedlings

Ornamental

Fruit

-Pomegranate seedlings

- Olive seedlings

Wakanyugi what do they have at Muguga? And why are these research organizations not having websites showing what they currently have? Surely its not hard to host a list with pictures...

You will be surprised what goodies you can find in these places, especially if you make friends with the people there. For instance I had gone looking for Moringa and ended up buying all kinds of indigenous seeds that I had never found anywhere before.

That is where I also met Mzee Gachathi, the writer of one of the most comprehensive botanical dictionaries in Kenya. They do need to do a better marketing job though.
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
murchr
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:51:13 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Wood

- Teak seedlings

- Mahogany seedlings

Ornamental

Fruit

-Pomegranate seedlings

- Olive seedlings

You will be surprised what goodies you can find in these places, especially if you make friends with the people there. For instance I had gone looking for Moringa and ended up buying all kinds of indigenous seeds that I had never found anywhere before.

That is where I also met Mzee Gachathi, the writer of one of the most comprehensive botanical dictionaries in Kenya. They do need to do a better marketing job though.

Asante