wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

SONY and Panasonic companies now rated as 'Junk'
jaggernaut
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:45:19 AM

How things have changed for the worst for the 2 companies. You innovate or die.

www.nation.co.ke/Tech/Ra...0/-/q6y6pvz/-/index.html
Money Whisperer
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:26:52 AM

Panasonic has been my favorite but of late I just find myself holding a samsung gadget. Why Panasonic never ventured in phones beats me. their camcorder were good but they never went beyond that. But my next TV and and upgraded home theatres will be Panasonic, just to give an old friend a hand. I grew up watching National TV black and white and my first electronic when I got my first salalry was a Panasonic radio then TV the VCR. i bought my mum a Panasonic TV.
"Money never sleeps"
Mukiri
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:00:17 PM

Money Whisperer wrote:
Panasonic has been my favorite but of late I just find myself holding a samsung gadget. Why Panasonic never ventured in phones beats me. their camcorder were good but they never went beyond that. But my next TV and and upgraded home theatres will be Panasonic, just to give an old friend a hand. I grew up watching National TV black and white and my first electronic when I got my first salalry was a Panasonic radio then TV the VCR. i bought my mum a Panasonic TV.

You imposed your will on your mother? She probably wanted a samsungsmile

I've always associated Sony with class but Samsung persistence is impressive. That and Sony hasn't come up with anything special for long

Proverbs 19:21
alustaadh
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 9:17:06 AM

I trekked the whole of Luthuli avenue looking for a SONY to replace my TV....., found some operating on outdated technology and ended up buying an LG. I looked for a SONY music system only to find it overpriced at low wattage output. So I bought a LG instead....bye SONY. Was nice knowing you...
It is humiliating to be associated with thieves and murderers.
kamundu
#5 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:38:46 PM

Money Whisperer wrote:

I too loved panasonic. In fact I have a panasonix radio, panadonic also had mobile phones
Peace in our Homeland.
Money Whisperer
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:41:32 PM

@Mukiri, it's my dad who "forced" panasonic on us because all his radios and TV's were National. When growing up I always wisjhed dad would buy Sanyo (thank Fred Obachi machoka for that)

@Kimundu, Samsung is so persistent that you end up thinking they are the only game in town and you fall into their trap. I was looking for a phone juzi to buy somebody and all i saw were samsungs and I ended up getting the samsung star 3, loved it though and the recipient is waay too happy with it.
"Money never sleeps"
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:00:10 PM

alustaadh wrote:
I trekked the whole of Luthuli avenue looking for a SONY to replace my TV....., found some operating on outdated technology and ended up buying an LG. I looked for a SONY music system only to find it overpriced at low wattage output. So I bought a LG instead....bye SONY. Was nice knowing you...

LG TV is top as of today.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
YoungMulla
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 3:28:57 PM

I think Samsung has the best TVs currently.They were the first to come up with the LED, maybe SONY bravia will catch up to them soon.What am not sure is the home theatres, of LG, Sony and Samsung which is the best???
Before I die - i will touch the sky!!
Outvestor
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 4:48:00 PM

YoungMulla wrote:
I think Samsung has the best TVs currently.They were the first to come up with the LED, maybe SONY bravia will catch up to them soon.What am not sure is the home theatres, of LG, Sony and Samsung which is the best???

In an industry where history's only role is to offer a list of lessons learnt as you gallantly stride into the future...

Farasi ni Wawili.
¡ʇɹoɟɟǝ ƃuıɟɟǝ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɥɔnɯ os ؛uıɐʌ uı ɔıqɐɹɐ ƃuıuɹɐǝן pǝıɹʇ ı
GGK
#10 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 9:18:27 AM

Buying electronics from Luthuli Av has been complex issue. The chaps there come with all sorts of issues: Genuine, original Japan, Original Malaysia... bla bla, I don't know whether they still do it.

BTW: what happened to JVC
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
Money Whisperer
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:06:34 PM

GGK wrote:
Buying electronics from Luthuli Av has been complex issue. The chaps there come with all sorts of issues: Genuine, original Japan, Original Malaysia... bla bla, I don't know whether they still do it.

BTW: what happened to JVC

I think they are slowly degenerating. they still produce good camcorders though
"Money never sleeps"
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:09:11 PM

LG still leads, esp the 3d smart TV. Samsung closely behind as sony slowly bleeds to death.

It seems South Korea may soon catch up with the sickly Japan.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
mibbz
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:01:55 AM

simonkabz wrote:
LG still leads, esp the 3d smart TV. Samsung closely behind as sony slowly bleeds to death.

Samsung has the best televisions across the range. Did my research last year when looking for one,talked to the sales men as well as owners of the brands and they all insisted on samsung. i do not regret it.
Money Whisperer
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:51:31 PM

mibbz wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Samsung has the best televisions across the range. Did my research last year when looking for one,talked to the sales men as well as owners of the brands and they all insisted on samsung. i do not regret it.

Between LG and Samsung, I have a soft spot for Samsung. don't know why
"Money never sleeps"
Metaur
#15 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 12:26:37 AM

As for Panasonic in my country we mostly had landline phones re them and nothing else. So it's nothing in comparable it was like Refrigerators, TV's, Dust Grabbers, Video players, Microwave and so much. And quality was and is 6 out of 5. Now for sure they are probably close to 0 in products unfortunately. Sony still have Playstations;)
Beler
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:10:00 PM

Competition in contemporary markets is extremely strong, as it became global. So they these companies need to compete with other companies both on the side of innovations as well price. It is not at all easy job to do