wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Lost Original Car Keys-Replacement?
bird_man
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:36:44 AM

Hi good people!
Just escaped a car jacking attempt...ran out of the car as the robbers broke into our gate.They tried starting the car but could not find cut-out.They however stole my new cars original keys & I had not made a spare yet.

Where can I get a new set of keys?Its a Subaru Impreza.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
MPark
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:14:44 PM

hello.. you might want to try here http://www.autokeysquad.com/ last time my wife lost the keys to our car we called them, and they came quickly.. they only cover the London area though.. goodluck with that! cheers!
accelriskconsult
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:17:14 PM

bird_man wrote:
Hi good people!
Just escaped a car jacking attempt...ran out of the car as the robbers broke into our gate.They tried starting the car but could not find cut-out.They however stole my new cars original keys & I had not made a spare yet.

Where can I get a new set of keys?Its a Subaru Impreza.

Talk to the MPPS guys. I suspect that your ignition pad and all locks will have to be changed
mlefu
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:56:38 PM

Theres this Mbugua guy at madaraka shopping center..he will assist you.
luttz
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:07:52 PM

Pole bwana; it can be traumatizing
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
goldenberg
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:18:05 PM

If you Key had a micro-chip you are out of luck!!!
a) Tow the car to a Subaru dealear so that they can recalibrate the computer system to a new Key. (Cost for a duplicate Key with microchip may cost 20K or more)

If the Key does not have a micro-chip then you can have the a mech remove the Key cylinder and have a Key generated for it. try Josim or other Key guys out there. Good mechs should know
mlefu
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:25:02 PM

wewe luttz Shame on you ...how can jumping off your car window, running faster than bolt and doing a SWAT on you house door be traumatizing!!!!!! A case like this wld make me laugh my nginenenee off Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Foz00
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:10:20 PM

Pole dudgu!
luttz
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:11:30 AM

@ Mlefu! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
maka
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:41:12 AM

goldenberg wrote:
If you Key had a micro-chip you are out of luck!!!
a) Tow the car to a Subaru dealear so that they can recalibrate the computer system to a new Key. (Cost for a duplicate Key with microchip may cost 20K or more)

If the Key does not have a micro-chip then you can have the a mech remove the Key cylinder and have a Key generated for it. try Josim or other Key guys out there. Good mechs should know

...35k for a key.
possunt quia posse videntur
Tokyo
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:35:04 AM

If you bought from a reputable original dealer, the key came with a tag that has a number. The tag should be kept safe and away from keys. In case you misplace or lose original, the maker can replace without or with minimal cost.
work to prosper
theking
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:53:28 AM

a key can b regenerated, but just a plain key. a mech can use either the boot lock,door lock or ignition to generate one. done it b4 after similar experience
luttz
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:06:12 AM

@ Thenking! Depends on the vehicle make, for Toyota yes; not sure about Subaru. However, if the key is chipped, chances are you will end up at the dealer. For the remote, you can buy OEM or even second hand and programme it. The manual has the the info on programming the remote.

@ Maka! Yes 35k or even more, depends on what you drive.
AlphDoti
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:06:23 AM

There is a guy worked for MPPS for many years before openng his own car locks workshop at Muchai Lane.
He does all my security stuff and I think provides cheaper rates for the same locks service done by MPPS.

Call him 0722-616968
Lutas Locks
Muchai Lane
Off Ngong Road (near Mimosa)
bird_man
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:07:07 AM

Thanks Wazuans.MPPS or Josim can sort the issue in 2hrs.
They removed key cylinder & made one from it plus did some reprogram to stop old key from opening.Cost about 5k.
Changed alarm system too....
Changing houses too today...

My advice,always ensure you have a cut out thats well hidden not those under the steering wheel.And pray to God too :)
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
quicksand
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:52:57 PM

bird_man wrote:
They removed key cylinder & made one from it plus did some reprogram to stop old key from opening.Cost about 5k.

My advice,always ensure you have a cut out thats well hidden not those under the steering wheel.And pray to God too :)

Pole boss,...ni hood gani hiyo where you were almost jacked? I am keeping a mental list of places to avoid since I am planning to hama soon ..
Prime
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:24:21 PM

bird_man wrote:

na saasa... cut out yako umeificha wapi... mine is under the steering wheel Pray Pray Pray Pray
radio
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:03:26 PM

Prime wrote:
bird_man wrote:

na saasa... cut out yako umeificha wapi... mine is under the steering wheel Pray Pray Pray Pray

Try the boot Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
simonkabz
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:59:14 PM

My cut-out esp the proboxes is the relay fuses under the steering wheel/near the bonet lever. Once I pluck out the two main ones, ata ukuje na shetani mwenyewe .....hehehe
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Kratos
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:41:32 PM

MPark wrote:
hello.. you might want to try here http://www.autokeysquad.com/ last time my wife lost the keys to our car we called them, and they came quickly.. they only cover the London area though.. goodluck with that! cheers!

Ati what?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer