wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Greenpark Estate, Athi River
jaggernaut
#1 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:28:59 PM

Visited their stand at Homes Kenya and also the estate at Athi river and was very impressed by the development. With so much land towards that side of Nairobi, these are the kind of projects that developers should be focusing on. Not putting everyone in apartments in Kileleshwa.

NB: These are real photos of the estate.

http://www.superiorhomes.co.ke/greenpark/

Cardinal
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:41:40 PM

I passed by that estate heading to Mombasa , and one thing that struck me is how its well constructed and the gardens landscaping..wacha tu..

Its actually in Machakos county, very ideal especially if you work around the area,daystar,machakos,mombasa road past.

I also noticed that actually majority of these houses are occupied
Mukiri
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:27:31 PM

US System with no fences? Won't thieves have a field day? I've suffered a punctured tire courtesy of thieves, who appeared from the bush with crude weapons, in Machakos county near the highway. Wouldn't want to imagine the same characters lurking around near my unfortified house!

Proverbs 19:21
danas10
#4 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:01:08 PM

Mukiri wrote:
US System with no fences? Won't thieves have a field day? I've suffered a punctured tire courtesy of thieves, who appeared from the bush with crude weapons, in Machakos county near the highway. Wouldn't want to imagine the same characters lurking around near my unfortified house!

there is the outer perimeter wall. Visit the area to see. Its actually very well done, na ubebe ID ndio upite first barrier kama mgeni smile
itz
#5 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 1:47:26 AM

This is very good work if the photos are anything to go by
murchr
#6 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 4:30:08 AM

I've been to the estate its super and very well kept. The only problem is the river behind there, when it rains the water levels rise so high and that can be a problem. Otherwise, the designs of the houses and the price was not so bad.

As for wizi...they have excellent security. Come to think about it. Why do Kenyans feel they have to seclude themselves the way they do. If we can live openly in a flat why not in a mansion.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Euge
#7 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 8:34:24 AM

Mukiri wrote:

By laws do not allow you to have a gate to your house. And you must keep your grass green. But security is extremely tight at the entrance. Ian has done a great investment there.
Lord, thank you!
mukiha
#8 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:01:35 AM

Mukiri wrote:

Visit the "Old Section Nine" estate in Thika.

Most houses there do not have gates and those that do, never close them. Theft is virtually unheard of. This has been the status for as long as I can remember...and my memory of the estate goes back to the mid-1970s.

BTW: High fences and strong metal gates have never stopped thieves from entering a compound! I also don't understand why people believe they have to barricade themselves in what become death traps during a fire!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
sitaki.kujulikana
#9 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 4:28:19 PM

houses in the estates in Nairobi's east-lands have never had fences, they have copied the same design
sitaki.kujulikana
#10 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 4:31:18 PM

danas10 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

there is the outer perimeter wall. Visit the area to see. Its actually very well done, na ubebe ID ndio upite first barrier kama mgeni smile

do owners carry some sort of a badge for identification - I would hate to loose mine and have to beg the guards to let me in.
nakujua
#11 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 4:36:30 PM

hawa ni middle class proper, can you survive in this estate without a car
murchr
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:45:08 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
danas10 wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

do owners carry some sort of a badge for identification - I would hate to loose mine and have to beg the guards to let me in.

I suppose resident cars have stickers but its possible hazina...when u drive all the way there u surely know where ur going to, plus the watchies know everyone
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
King G
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:18:24 AM

A friend of mine lives there and we occasionally visit. This estate is one of the well managed around Nairobi. It has very good ambiance and almost that fresh air feel – shaggs type (depends where yours is). They have a club and playing ground and have initiated a working know your neighbour and become friends’ kind of thing and therefore guys take care of each other. They also have periodic get together activities – was not so, not sure how this works.
Thieves
jaggernaut
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:34:46 AM

Cardinal wrote:
I passed by that estate heading to Mombasa , and one thing that struck me is how its well constructed and the gardens landscaping..wacha tu..

That is how estates like Buruburu, Kileleshwa, lavington etc were meant to be......before extensions and apartments took over and degraded the once pristine environments.
nyuthe
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:05:54 PM

In the late 70s' it is rumored that some toxic waste was dumped at a site not so far from there..herders avoided living in that area since , up until Daystar boldened up and set up somewhere nearby( amid some resistance) sasa leave alone that fresh air cases of leukemia may be on the rise a few years from now
King G
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:31:04 PM

nyuthe wrote:
In the late 70s' it is rumored that some toxic waste was dumped at a site not so far from there..herders avoided living in that area since , up until Daystar boldened up and set up somewhere nearby( amid some resistance) sasa leave alone that fresh air cases of leukemia may be on the rise a few years from now

Rink/evidence. Toxic waste dumped from where by whom and when?
Thieves
Chaka
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:15:47 PM

nyuthe wrote:

I doubt it..Are you in the real estate biz?
On the other hand I am wondering about NEMA.Just as they do environmental impact assesment(sp) on projects,do they have the capacity to determine whether building sites are safe i.e as far as radiation is concerned??
jaggernaut
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:32:12 PM

Chaka wrote:
nyuthe wrote:

I doubt it..Are you in the real estate biz?
On the other hand I am wondering about NEMA.Just as they do environmental impact assesment(sp) on projects,do they have the capacity to determine whether building sites are safe i.e as far as radiation is concerned??

I believe that NEMA must be having such information and would not have approved if the site was contaminated. @nyuthe should stop the malicious rumor mongering.
murchr
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:05:56 AM

nyuthe wrote:

Hii ni porojo tu. What i know is that that land was supposed to be a sewer/dumpsite thats why people were not rushing to buy the land from the ranchers who bought it from the wazungus. But the plans were shredded and there is nothing of that sort now, tho they laid a pipeline to take the sewer from Athiriver to Ruai.
nyuthe
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:14:46 AM

For someone who ranched there before i know better ..time will tell