wazua Tue, May 21, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

17 Pages«<23456>»
What was your worst mistake in trading.
Wondergirl
#61 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 3:28:05 PM

jawgey wrote:
Jumped greedily into carbacid immediately after split and bonus @57bob.. I've seen it drop to 27bob.

All is not lost but I should have waited.

You shall not walk alone in this. Me too, my broker made the mistake of buying for me ex rights and before the rights we uploaded.....
littledove
#62 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 3:50:49 PM

left cfc at 110, housing finance at 33, and panafr at 105 and joined jubilee ins, kenol and kplc. the gains at jubilee are swallowed by kplc loss, u cant imagine how i feel when i look at the prices
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Wondergirl
#63 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:16:30 PM

jawgey wrote:
Jumped greedily into carbacid immediately after split and bonus @57bob.. I've seen it drop to 27bob.

You shall not walk alone in this. Me too, my broker made the mistake of buying for me ex rights and before the rights we uploaded.....
murchr
#64 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:23:02 PM

Obiero Wednesday, November 06, 2013 wrote:
averaging down safaricom by huge purchases to kes 4.6 and eventually selling at kes 3.8 when it started taking a dive.. I should have held on coz fundamentals hadnt changed significantly. I panicked. That was my worst mistake.

obiero Thursday, July 03, 2014 wrote:

Bought HFCK at circa KES 14 and offloaded at KES 25. Indeed a profit was made but now the bloody thing is at KES 50.. Not my worst mistake but a tingly feeling of slight regret looms. I find solace in the famous words of Warren Buffet...

The most important lesson is to learn from mistakes, If you made money then dont look at the opportunity lost.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
subaru
#65 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:34:27 PM

selling safcom at 3 bob knre at 7 only for them to rise higher just recently sold hf only for it to reach 50
Richie rich
#66 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:48:09 PM

subaru wrote:
selling safcom at 3 bob knre at 7 only for them to rise higher just recently sold hf only for it to reach 50

When i bought mumias @49.5 pre-split and then sold it at 4 bob, but i learned from there ever since i have been making money smile smile courtesy of HFCK,CFC,KCB and NIC
The God of the day is still God in the night.
mnandii
#67 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 7:38:58 AM

So the LESSON in summary:

1. Never TRUST your broker's recomendations, EVER!

2. Success in the market requires a correct reading of market psychology (crowd behaviour). When the market is popular (e.g. during the safcom IPO, it is best not to invest). This is because extreme optimism usually happens at a market top. i.e positive social mood causes people to over-value stocks leading to high prices.

On the other extreme, you should consider investing when the 'news' or 'fundamentals' appear at their worst. When Safcom was below 5 bob everybody was shunning the stock and more people exited at big losses.

Safcom is now at its peak, alot of people are buying in.

Remember the tag: Buy when there is blood on the streets.

This discussion is important because it leads us to ELLIOTT WAVE PRINCIPLE.

Study the chart below to see the progression of a market from bear to bull.

The stock market is a popular valuation of the productive capacity of a people. It shows the progression from the extreme pessimism to extreme optimism in three waves of progress and two waves of regress, over and over again.

Quote:
Charts tell the truth
, Prechter.

Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Aguytrying
#68 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 10:03:41 AM

bought KQ 50 ended up selling at 20 something. learnt a great lesson not to invest with bad management, no matter what
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
jawgey
#69 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 3:09:49 PM

Wondergirl wrote:
jawgey wrote:

I however do have great confidence in the company's performance so I've been accumulating more at lower prices..
Seeing is believing
Magnate
#70 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 7:09:29 PM

speculated in KQ after a positive H1 turnaround results..then came the FY. simply the bird has refused to fly.This has given me the shave of the year
No diagnosis,no pragnosis,no pragnosis no profit......Jesse livermore
obiero
#71 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 9:38:54 PM

Magnate wrote:
speculated in KQ after a positive H1 turnaround results..then came the FY. simply the bird has refused to fly.This has given me the shave of the year

surely this cannot be your worst mistake.. at how much did you purchase and at what price is it now trading

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Magnate
#72 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 10:28:30 PM

obiero wrote:
Magnate wrote:

surely this cannot be your worst mistake.. at how much did you purchase and at what price is it now trading

i bought KQ at 11.9 ,recently got impatient as i am expecting movements in HFCK,ICDC, sold at 10.5,got a shave of approx 12% my worst sale for the year, returned to HFCK at 41 with the proceedings
For KQ i have just stepped aside al be back later.
No diagnosis,no pragnosis,no pragnosis no profit......Jesse livermore
Boris Boyka
#73 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 10:50:51 PM

Magnate wrote:
obiero wrote:
Magnate wrote:

i bought KQ at 11.9 ,recently got impatient as i am expecting movements in HFCK,ICDC, sold at 10.5,got a shave of approx 12% my worst sale for the year, returned to HFCK at 41 with the proceedings
For KQ i have just stepped aside al be back later.

@magnate it's your worst True but comparing it with other worst trading mistakes of 30% - 90% shaving of wazuans yours isn't worth a mention. ever heard of "if you go to hospital sick you find other patients unapona na kurudi nyumbani bila kuona daktari"
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Wondergirl
#74 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 9:55:05 PM

jawgey wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:
jawgey wrote:

I however do have great confidence in the company's performance so I've been accumulating more at lower prices..

Please tell me more,I intend to offload my HFCK shares once I can attain 50, I need convincing that averaging down Carbacid is not throwing good money after bad money.
jawgey
#75 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:19:04 PM

Wondergirl wrote:
jawgey wrote:
Wondergirl wrote:
jawgey wrote:

Please tell me more,I intend to offload my HFCK shares once I can attain 50, I need convincing that averaging down Carbacid is not throwing good money after bad money.

Good returns in terms of div although this year's interim was lower compared to last year attributed to lower sales in south Africa. Going forward the demand for carbon dioxide is still high.. other companies eg. bidco wants to start a soft drink company. Bottom line it's a good company with no envisaged threat to performance. Hope that convinces you @wondergirl
Seeing is believing
Boris Boyka
#76 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:43:25 PM

This thread reads " your worst mistake in trading" now you ppl have hijacked it to "is carbacid a good pick now" or blah blah. washana na iyo mistakes ziingie!!!
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
jawgey
#77 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:59:35 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
This thread reads " your worst mistake in trading" now you ppl have hijacked it to "is carbacid a good pick now" or blah blah. washana na iyo mistakes ziingie!!!

pole for digressing but 'side notes' ni muhimu pia .. it's everybody's aim to avoid mistakes and it also follows that everybody who makes a mistake endeavours to avoid repeating it.
Anyway back to the worst/hilarious mistakes! smile
Seeing is believing
Wondergirl
#78 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2014 10:38:07 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:

hehe @ Boris, in the earlier times of SK, we allowed digressing, in fact we had a name for it , we called is thread mutation... its a perfectly accepted phenomena as we quest for knowledge. That is how we learn. You should open one thread in Life section on allowing gays in P.C.E.A church, and see how it turned out to be a debate on Christinity Versus Islam.smile
littledove
#79 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2014 10:52:08 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:

smile carbacid people are very aggressive, i made mistake on it with small amount courtesy of ''carbacid set for come back'' the starter of that thread owe me something
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
SittingPretty
#80 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2014 6:42:36 PM

littledove wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:

smile carbacid people are very aggressive, i made mistake on it with small amount courtesy of ''carbacid set for come back'' the starter of that thread owe me something

@littledove that rings familiar. I also did a hop skip with carbacid and left a bad test in the mouth. KK and Kengen have forced me to be an "investor".
But I think if you loss more than a third on a stock, you are trapped for the long haul. The rest will just be consolation stories.
Timely advice is as lovely as golden apples in a silver basket. Proverbs 25:11