Ebenyo
#221 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 8:47:35 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
sqft wrote:
faa wrote:
@ obiero

your list shows an average profit of ksh 10,833.333333333333333333333333333 per month for the last 10 years.

Some would say it's better if you would have invested in matatu,where the 10,833.333333333333333333333333333 can be made within a day,

I am surprised by the low returns considering the time, research that goes into stocks, and the associated stress. If one bought a 1/4 acre at syokimau 10yrs ago @400k it would be worth 4m today giving you 3.6m profit, or an 'average profit' of 30k pm.

Laughing out loudly you could as well do quills if you do not understand ndungu report @sqft. many have gotten shafted and permanently relieved on those maasai/ KAA lands. officially am through with replacing doors and windows to my recently bought building. the vendor played hard ball and refused to move. some pple thinks that since you are buying their land they are doing you a favour and your money is not of any value. even agreements and deeds of ownership means you shoul be patient. hell with them. bileLiar

COOP 7,200; HFCK 2,300; KEGN 1,600; KQ 106,500.. I re-energise my portfolio in the next few weeks. Time to buy has arrived

obiero what was your entry prices in kengen,hfck and coop?

Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#222 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 9:38:15 AM

obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the continued spirit of wazua openess. see below my portfolio of all trades since joining the NSE in 2005 with first purchase being 100 HFCK shares. also included are Uganda and Rwanda stock purchases, that have since been liquidated in full

Applause A net gain of 1,235,621 over 10 years if I am not wrong. Fellow wazuans anyone doing better? Anyone hit 5m realised capital gains?

Its actually KES 1,246,961.. There could be some doing better, chaps like @stocksmaster @minto @muganda @guru267 @mwekez@ji
*HFCK 2 had been transposed as 3,100 while holding is actually 1,300. The '2' indicative of stocks that I have re-entered after having initially offloaded

@kiash bwana.. unanibandikia stocks mwitu :)

Sorry @Obiero but i like your list

No worries @Kiash.. I like the list too.. Try to keep losses to a minimum, but remember one has to be ready to see dwindling positions from time to time. All the best

@ebenyo hope this answers you on the entry prices. And for those who claim I have made KES 10,833 per month over 10 yrs, you dont know even a quarter of my Story, which is well documented right here on wazua where I inform all buy/sell decisions. Plus most of my active/large purchases such as KCB & KQ happened 2yrs ago. Stocks are a good way of passive Investment. Those who are in property acquisition / building know what I mean

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ARAP CHARLES
#223 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:53:04 PM

watched safaricom as a dead company at 2.75cts..and stayed with few i got at the IPO PRICE... sold at 15.00 when a friend recommended a sell order just for the price to reverse hitting 16.. 17.. 18.. now 19 levels...
Watch and Listen and Live
obiero
#224 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:42:06 PM

obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
subaru wrote:
obiero wrote:
selling KQ tomorrow at KES 5.30 while I know it shall head to KES 24 or more by mid next year. prior to that selling scom at KES 4.5 a few years back and seeing it close at KES 16 today. that was a major goof

Enyewe sold scom at 3 bob still hurting todate

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Courtesy of @Hisa and @mwekezaji pessimism. Can't imagine safaricom at 4bob. Those guys always see stocks prices going downwards, year in year out, using their charts, tables and graphs.

especially @hisah.. i never read his posts when it touches on my portfolio

safaricom safaricom.. the one that got away

Kanyati
#225 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 10:57:19 PM

Not understanding the consequences of a planned rights issue. Buying kengen before the 280mw geothermal hype @ 11.20cts. Later buying the same share as it tanks to 10.20 and later 9.00 with all my savings. Rights issue i had only sukuma wiki funds so i painfully watched from the sidelines as i now contemplate the dilution. Praying this share to hit 4-5 mark and i win a Jack pot. Meantime niko emotional na kengen.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Ebenyo
#226 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 5:55:24 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
subaru wrote:
obiero wrote:
selling KQ tomorrow at KES 5.30 while I know it shall head to KES 24 or more by mid next year. prior to that selling scom at KES 4.5 a few years back and seeing it close at KES 16 today. that was a major goof

Courtesy of @Hisa and @mwekezaji pessimism. Can't imagine safaricom at 4bob. Those guys always see stocks prices going downwards, year in year out, using their charts, tables and graphs.

i thought i was the only one in safaricom goof! kumbe tuko wengi! Got some shares at Ipo at kshs 5.00.Sold at around 4.00 three years later.Got back at 16.40 last year.How i wish i could have held tightly while buying more and more when the price was 2.50!
The Great
#227 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 9:14:17 AM

Spikes wrote:
faa wrote:
@ obiero

your list shows an average profit of ksh 10,833.333333333333333333333333333 per month for the last 10 years.

Some would say it's better if you would have invested in matatu,where the 10,833.333333333333333333333333333 can be made within a day,

Buying a matatu is a good idea if you make money and invest in stocks.

Applause Applause

Fully agree Spikes. Everyone must have a portfolio of stocks, real estate and active business.
And an open line of credit for when arbitrage opportunities arise.
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
watesh
#228 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2016 9:10:21 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
subaru wrote:
obiero wrote:

i thought i was the only one in safaricom goof! kumbe tuko wengi! Got some shares at Ipo at kshs 5.00.Sold at around 4.00 three years later.Got back at 16.40 last year.How i wish i could have held tightly while buying more and more when the price was 2.50!

Oh Safaricom, the one that got away...i saw it that it will rise extremely when it was at 2.90 but i was too broke to get some good skin in the game.
Spikes
#229 Posted : Saturday, June 18, 2016 8:39:52 AM

watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
subaru wrote:
obiero wrote:

Oh Safaricom, the one that got away...i saw it that it will rise extremely when it was at 2.90 but i was too broke to get some good skin in the game.

I saw Safaricom at 2.70/- and was financially distressed by then even putting food on the table was difficult. I whispered to a friend whom I was going through the newspaper with that 'this stock in future will rebound exponentially.' The prophecy I released painfully while extremely broke has come to pass.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, β€œMy Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#230 Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:37:26 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:
in the continued spirit of wazua openess. see below my portfolio of all trades since joining the NSE in 2005 with first purchase being 100 HFCK shares. also included are Uganda and Rwanda stock purchases, that have since been liquidated in full

Applause A net gain of 1,235,621 over 10 years if I am not wrong. Fellow wazuans anyone doing better? Anyone hit 5m realised capital gains?

Its actually KES 1,246,961.. There could be some doing better, chaps like @stocksmaster @minto @muganda @guru267 @mwekez@ji
*HFCK 2 had been transposed as 3,100 while holding is actually 1,300. The '2' indicative of stocks that I have re-entered after having initially offloaded

No worries @Kiash.. I like the list too.. Try to keep losses to a minimum, but remember one has to be ready to see dwindling positions from time to time. All the best

@ebenyo hope this answers you on the entry prices. And for those who claim I have made KES 10,833 per month over 10 yrs, you dont know even a quarter of my Story, which is well documented right here on wazua where I inform all buy/sell decisions. Plus most of my active/large purchases such as KCB & KQ happened 2yrs ago. Stocks are a good way of passive Investment. Those who are in property acquisition / building know what I mean

On Safaricom I leapt out at precisely the wrong time.. Must be the worst mistake I ever made in trading

Ebenyo
#231 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:16:50 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

On Safaricom I leapt out at precisely the wrong time.. Must be the worst mistake I ever made in trading

But i guess you are doing well in real estate.
Its just you are a medium term investor in NSE.Were you a long term investor,you could have been smiling all the way to the bank now.But you still have time going by your age.
If you combine long term stock investment plus real estate and little Treasury bond you will just need to sleep only.
sparkly
#232 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 9:57:45 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

Certainly not. you only lost 22k but lost 230k on KQ
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#233 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2016 10:11:57 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

@sparkly opportunity cost, my friend. how much would have been gained if I dint sell out short. on KQ, the loss was averaged down in the second round of purchase and I am still a shareholder in the firm so I cannot say that all is lost.. The bloody thing may rise :)

sparkly
#234 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:13:39 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

@sparkly opportunity cost, my friend. how much would have been gained if I dint sell out short. on KQ, the loss was averaged down in the second round of purchase and I am still a shareholder in the firm so I cannot say that all is lost.. The bloody thing may rise :)

you made good trades on KCB, SBU, BLR and others but fuc**d up on KQ. Kubali tu yaishe.
obiero
#235 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 9:30:27 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

you made good trades on KCB, SBU, BLR and others but fuc**d up on KQ. Kubali tu yaishe.

Can we revisit this thread in June 2017..Inshallah

sparkly
#236 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 3:37:04 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

No please, revisit with @vvs
obiero
#237 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2016 5:06:50 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
kiash wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
mulla wrote:
obiero wrote:

No please, revisit with @vvs

OK. Usituwache lakini :)

muandiwambeu
#238 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2016 10:33:51 AM

Spikes wrote:
watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
subaru wrote:
obiero wrote:

I saw Safaricom at 2.70/- and was financially distressed by then even putting food on the table was difficult. I whispered to a friend whom I was going through the newspaper with that 'this stock in future will rebound exponentially.' The prophecy I released painfully while extremely broke has come to pass.

its another bloody bear mating season @spikes. So if I am that dub friend of yours going through this blog link with u, what would u whisper to that friend given this second chance once again. what ru buying what ru selling.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
obiero
#239 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:10:29 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Spikes wrote:
watesh wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
dunkang wrote:
subaru wrote:
obiero wrote:

its another bloody bear mating season @spikes. So if I am that dub friend of yours going through this blog link with u, what would u whisper to that friend given this second chance once again. what ru buying what ru selling.

shiznit
#240 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2016 2:48:00 PM

Kanyati wrote:
Not understanding the consequences of a planned rights issue. Buying kengen before the 280mw geothermal hype @ 11.20cts. Later buying the same share as it tanks to 10.20 and later 9.00 with all my savings. Rights issue i had only sukuma wiki funds so i painfully watched from the sidelines as i now contemplate the dilution. Praying this share to hit 4-5 mark and i win a Jack pot. Meantime niko emotional na kengen.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I can relate Brick wall
β€œThe market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” - John Maynard Keynes