wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Buying land as a Group
mozenrat
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:40:00 PM

People,

I have this group of old ladies that is looking to purchase some land from an individual who is insisting on selling the whole piece as a block... they've been advised that to ease the process that they should nominate a few of them to carry out the transaction on behalf of the rest...

However,they need help in coming up with an agreement that will secure each of their interests once the deal is concluded i.e. at the point of splitting the land according to each person's contribution to its purchase. I have read of such arrangements in some of the threads here...

anyone mind sending me a sample of such an agreement? or advise on how to go about it?
mozenrat
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:06:00 AM

140 views,no replies....

come on people,share the knowledge
Kamaa
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:41:00 AM

why not get the sample of such agreement from a lawyer's office...?

Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend
Achiever
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:31:00 PM

tafuta real shaft....

don't worry....be happy
KURUTU
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:14:00 PM

@mozenrat you should advise the group to engage the services of a lawyer to do the agreement for them. The appointed lawyer will draft the doc to their desired specs. You can try Dima on dimacadima@yahoo.com. He is based at Maendeleo house 9th floor. All the best
a4architect
#6 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 2:44:00 PM

you can advice them to own the plot through the sectional property act which is less cumbersome-this is the law that is used to purchase apartment blocks,estates e.tc whereby you can own the 4th floor 3 bedroomed unit in a block of flats..

www.a4architect.com
www.prismafrica.com
mozenrat
#7 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 9:58:00 AM

Will do.. Thank you people..
lexxus
#8 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 1:23:00 PM

you need a lawyer in this. There is lawyer called Akunga momanyi and associates here in riverside at general conference building 2nd floor the buliding is opposite australian embassy. you can come to talk to him to know more this is free of charge but for him to document and such legal steps he should take def you will have to pay. but the good thing in the end you will your deal very clean.

Good luck

If you think ONLY money will make you happen think again.
Phaoro
#9 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 5:02:31 PM

This type of business is better conducted through a lawyer. Matters of land can easily become problematic especially when you have many people involved as you describe. Without a Lawyer you will be lucky to have a consensus on the agreement. Good Luck.
anasazi
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:29:07 AM

Nice, will look into the sectional property act... Was having this discussion exactly. Have bought some land as a group, and need to protect all our interests.
Form is temporary, class is permanent