wazua Mon, May 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

12 Pages«<56789>»
4 family (3 bed/2bath) flat budget Ksh. 5m
Penny-Stocker
#121 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2013 3:44:31 PM

urstill wrote:
Penny-stocker tafadhali saidia contacts. I would like to help in building of an orphanage hapo Dago-Nyahera area. Ruoth obed kodi!!

Coming your way shortly!
“None but ourselves can free our minds.”
- Bob Marley
SAPGURU
#122 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 3:09:02 AM

Hey @Penny Stocker we need to link up , i have 6 Units by Consolata Hospital in Mamboleo too we can exchange ideas
Am
#123 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 10:20:18 AM

Hello @Penny-Stocker. I am Sure Wazuans will be more than Happy to hear your Project has been going. Post latest Pictures Mbro, and share your experience.

I am thinking that the houses are Finished and Probably Occupied.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Rapudox
#124 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 3:06:46 PM

@ Pennystocker
Rapudo, si indusna your RIAT/Kanyakwar kadogo omera...I need a place for simba! Tuongee thura!

Sorry the reply took some time. Omera, that 1/2 Riat is my one and only...she was my first ;)) & thus very dear to my heart. Di na ndusoni matin, ka poni it was 1 acre. An Kisumo next week for 2 days, let me buy you a drink thura mondo walok wich gi paro..You never know.(Rapudox@hotmail.com)
CLK
#125 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 11:07:30 AM

Kudos @Penny, a couple of years ago i built my mum a 4bdr hse for less than two million, thats when i realsied its does not justify someone taking a mortgage for 15-20 years at a repayment of 80k-100k a month and the house is a three bedroom flat whose initial cost is 6m.
i had approached one of the local banks for a mortgage, the guy advised me to take an unsecured loan of 1m and secure a piece of land somewhere, with the above repayment of about 80k, i could repay the loan in a about a year and go for another one to start the foundation, wall etc, out of that calculation it made sense that i could own an even bigger and better house n 5 years at a cheaper, and remember should something happen and you are not able to repay the loan, the bank cannot come for your assets, in case of the mortgage, they can sell the house.
accelriskconsult
#126 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:48:44 PM

CLK wrote:
Kudos @Penny, a couple of years ago i built my mum a 4bdr hse for less than two million, thats when i realsied its does not justify someone taking a mortgage for 15-20 years at a repayment of 80k-100k a month and the house is a three bedroom flat whose initial cost is 6m.
i had approached one of the local banks for a mortgage, the guy advised me to take an unsecured loan of 1m and secure a piece of land somewhere, with the above repayment of about 80k, i could repay the loan in a about a year and go for another one to start the foundation, wall etc, out of that calculation it made sense that i could own an even bigger and better house n 5 years at a cheaper, and remember should something happen and you are not able to repay the loan, the bank cannot come for your assets, in case of the mortgage, they can sell the house.

You think a bank will let you go scot free if you default on a personal loan?

Think again. The bank will institute a civil suit and get judgement against you, and yes can even possess the house built using such money; in addition to other assets
Am
#127 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:20:46 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
CLK wrote:

Think again. The bank will institute a civil suit and get judgement against you, and yes can even possess the house built using such money; in addition to other assets

@accelriskconsult.

Very True, the bank will Come for you and repossess. But CLK is Correct in saying that Morgages do not make sense at all.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
Penny-Stocker
#128 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:09:13 AM

Rapudox wrote:
@ Pennystocker
Rapudo, si indusna your RIAT/Kanyakwar kadogo omera...I need a place for simba! Tuongee thura!

Sorry the reply took some time. Omera, that 1/2 Riat is my one and only...she was my first ;)) & thus very dear to my heart. Di na ndusoni matin, ka poni it was 1 acre. An Kisumo next week for 2 days, let me buy you a drink thura mondo walok wich gi paro..You never know.(Rapudox@hotmail.com)

Too bad Mr. Rapudo...I won't be in KSM otherwise tunge romo...lakini, ndusna omera..adwaro kama agere simba na sibuor! Wuoyi konyo wuoyi!
- Bob Marley
Penny-Stocker
#129 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:11:27 AM

Am wrote:
accelriskconsult wrote:
CLK wrote:

@accelriskconsult.

Very True, the bank will Come for you and repossess. But CLK is Correct in saying that Morgages do not make sense at all.

People taking mortgages in Kenya are CRAZY. Interest rates are unrealistic. But guess what, there are peeps out there signing their mortgage papers as we speak! No thank you!
- Bob Marley
Penny-Stocker
#130 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:13:08 AM

CLK wrote:

Thanks @CLK...kidogo kidogo hujaza kibaba!
- Bob Marley
Penny-Stocker
#131 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:23:16 AM

SAPGURU wrote:
Hey @Penny Stocker we need to link up , i have 6 Units by Consolata Hospital in Mamboleo too we can exchange ideas

@SAPGURU...sorry for the late reply! Too bad I'm not in Kisumu at the moment. Next time I make a trip to the lakeside, I'll hit you up. meanwhile you can reach me at stocker (dot) penny (at) gmail (dot) com. How's your project coming along? Are you building to sell/off load or keeping as rentals?
- Bob Marley
Wendz
#132 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:48:27 PM

@penny-stocker, kindly share with us the latest on your project...
kyt
#133 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 2:34:30 PM

there is no way a bank can take your house if you built it using a personal loan. The security for a personal loan is the salary not the house. haiwezekani.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
a4architect.com
#134 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:28:23 PM

Check out house cost breakdown here.

http://www.a4architect.c...la-vs-south-africa-594/

Bank finance takes up around 10 to 20% of the cost of the house. Afterwards, mortgage take up nearly 100% of the cost over a long term.

Kenya's interest rates at 18% are among the highest in the world, compared to S.A with 6% and USA with 2%. This is where we find the devil, in the details of bank finance.
Kenyas construction cost is among the lowest in the world.

Kenya's land appreciation rate is among the highest in the world. Land appreciation rate is directly rested to interest rate and inflation.
Fiscal economists and land economists need to work out a balance on this so as to bring down mortgages to affordable rates.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
accelriskconsult
#135 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:41:32 PM

kyt wrote:
there is no way a bank can take your house if you built it using a personal loan. The security for a personal loan is the salary not the house. haiwezekani.

Hopefully you have a lawyer friend and you have sought advice.

The bank can get judgement against any of your assets. They only need to prove that;

1. They lend you money
2. You defaulted
3. You are no dead or incapacitated
4. You are of sound mind
5. You have the ability to repay - that ability includes ownership of transferrable assets.

Wanjy
#136 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:52:17 PM

@Wakanyugi have a 1/8 in Ruiru planning construction, I am interested to know more and also like to have a look at your hse(shiro.kinyanjui@gmail.com)
Penny-Stocker
#137 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:48:18 AM

Rapudox wrote:
@ Pennystocker

@Rapudox - some good news to report. I was able to get 0.6 acre @1M (very very good deal - with a view of the lake, town, airport and sun set. That's for a future dream home! When are in Kisumu next?
- Bob Marley
Am
#138 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:39:56 AM

Penny-Stocker wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
@ Pennystocker

@Rapudox - some good news to report. I was able to get 0.6 acre @1M (very very good deal - with a view of the lake, town, airport and sun set. That's for a future dream home! When are in Kisumu next?

Yawa @Penny are you 30 Yet? You real Investor. How did the Kisumo Project go? Kwisha maliza?
Penny-Stocker
#139 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 3:14:50 PM

Am wrote:
Penny-Stocker wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
@ Pennystocker

Yawa @Penny are you 30 Yet? You real Investor. How did the Kisumo Project go? Kwisha maliza?

@Am...hehehe...I will be 30 in November...just found a one time opportunity, plus I've been negotiating with the owner for a very very long time - (2 - 3 years). She finally bit the bait and I landed it on the boat. They stopped making land long long ago, plus, the deal was way better for me than the seller. The same person who sold me the lot where I was doing the project is the very individual who sold me that piece up the hill. She's native of that area and has, well had, hue tracts. About the project, will be posting updates very soon - when all is done!
- Bob Marley
Am
#140 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:29:14 AM

Penny-Stocker wrote:
Am wrote:
Penny-Stocker wrote:
Rapudox wrote:
@ Pennystocker

@Am...hehehe...I will be 30 in November...just found a one time opportunity, plus I've been negotiating with the owner for a very very long time - (2 - 3 years). She finally bit the bait and I landed it on the boat. They stopped making land long long ago, plus, the deal was way better for me than the seller. The same person who sold me the lot where I was doing the project is the very individual who sold me that piece up the hill. She's native of that area and has, well

had, hue tracts. About the project, will be posting updates very soon - when all is done!

Poa Bro. Send us the Fotos here when you can?