wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Sunset Boulevard vs Everest Park
luxel
#21 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:35:02 PM

For the lawyers in wazua please advise.
What are the chances that one could sue shelter afrique and be refunded your money. How long would such a case take to conclude.
obiero
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:56:12 PM

luxel wrote:
What are the chances that one could sue shelter afrique and be refunded your money. How long would such a case take to conclude.

Suing a loss making entity isn't wise

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Chaka
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 01, 2017 11:38:03 AM

Who was the contractor for this project?I believe he is the one answerable here..?

luxel wrote:

Ryko
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 4:36:27 PM

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
rwitre
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 11:06:48 PM

Ryko wrote:

Sad Sad Wueh... This Kenya is not for the fainthearted

Though I ask...when the auctioneers come, who will they sell to that the company's marketing team had not tried to already? Dailies are full of auctions with no buyers. Those "minimum amounts" will need to be lowered.

Apartment Sale. Throwaway prices. With "a few" years in court
muandiwambeu
#26 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 1:13:46 PM

rwitre wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Though I ask...when the auctioneers come, who will they sell to that the company's marketing team had not tried to already? Dailies are full of auctions with no buyers. Those "minimum amounts" will need to be lowered.

Is the bubble bursting! For how long, before value buyers notice the slaughter. Benching marking my sales at -50% for now.
The stocks have already had a deep dig into my portfolio, if real estate route gains momentum then I will need to sell a kidney to survive this muthkgothnios. 🤔🤔
Shit happens.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
hardwood
#27 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 2:52:19 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Is the bubble bursting! For how long, before value buyers notice the slaughter. Benching marking my sales at -50% for now.
The stocks have already had a deep dig into my portfolio, if real estate route gains momentum then I will need to sell a kidney to survive this muthkgothnios. 🤔🤔
Shit happens.

The developer took a loan of 685m, has repaid 1.2B and still owes 400m. So the interest for 685m loan is about 1B?
muandiwambeu
#28 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 3:20:56 PM

hardwood wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Shit happens.

The developer took a loan of 685m, has repaid 1.2B and still owes 400m. So the interest for 685m loan is about 1B?

Called mortgage manenos(issues), they can leave your property properly mumunyuad(. ) Fill in for me for lack of a good word to useLaughing out loudly
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Angelica _ann
#29 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 4:36:16 PM

Who would buy such houses in the scheduled auction? Asking for a friend smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
eangaga
#30 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 5:28:54 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Who would buy such houses in the scheduled auction? Asking for a friend smile

Russian Mafia Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
deadpoet
#31 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 8:35:13 PM

So, if I'm reading this story correctly, the homeowners didn't receive their title deeds for four years? How did they let that happen?
hardwood
#32 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 10:00:51 PM

deadpoet wrote:
So, if I'm reading this story correctly, the homeowners didn't receive their title deeds for four years? How did they let that happen?

How could they receive title deeds (they are actually sub leases) while their homes were already mortgaged to the bank by the developer? The developer had to clear the 1.6B loan owed to the bank first before the property could be discharged so that he could then start the transfer process.
Ryko
#33 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 4:48:45 PM

On Auction ....A sad state of affairs for the real estate. clearly things are thick

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
FRM2011
#34 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:42:46 PM

If you drive by the sunset boulevard all the way up, there are over 30 serious housing developments. My estimate is atleast 2,000 unsold units in this area alone.

Safaricom pension fund has added it's own 600 units and a mall. Pure madness. I am sure the pension AGMs will be very chaotic in future but with very wealthy trustees.
Kusadikika
#35 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 10:54:12 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

If you drive by the sunset boulevard all the way up, there are over 30 serious housing developments. My estimate is atleast 2,000 unsold units in this area alone.

Safaricom pension fund has added it's own 600 units and a mall. Pure madness. I am sure the pension AGMs will be very chaotic in future but with very wealthy trustees.

This is a big macroeconomic problem. The biggest problem with Kenya is that all the wealth that has created so many billionaires is static land appreciation wealth. A majority of the richest people are Jomo Kenyatta's and Daniel Moi's cabinet and senior civil servants and their families and lawyers who had land holdings around Nairobi and other big cities.

Many people think the economy is growing because they know many rich people. The problem is they know the same rich people who are becoming richer. A properly growing economy CREATES new RICH people and not necessarily fabulously rich but people who are moving up; 5 years ago alikuwa na baiskeli, 3 years ago akanunua nduthi, He was renting in Muthurwa, then moved to an SQ in South B and now has a plot in mlolongo, he has just finished laying the foundation of a 2 roomed house, akamaliza sitting room last year wakahama wamalize wakiwa ndani etc.

This mobility was there during Kibaki government. This Jubilee government has produced astronomical growth for Safaricom and KCB and SGR but there is no mobility for ordinary Kenyans. 1000 people who become 20% richer create more demand for goods and services than 100 people who become 200% richer. Jubilee is creating the second category.
Ericsson
#36 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:27:06 AM

The bank auctioning is I&M.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#37 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:37:20 AM

The units on auction had not been sold before? Reserve price per unit?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Mastermind
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:47:45 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Nope. Auction is on 31st July unless otherwise.

“We have noted that, despite the status quo order made by Justice Maureen Odero, your clients have proceeded to advertise the 204 apartments again in today’s (Monday) Daily Nation. We demand the immediate publication in tomorrow’s (Tuesday) daily, an advert cancelling the said contemptuous advertisement, failing which we will be moving to court immediately to cite your clients for contempt of court,” a letter from Ogola Okello & Company LLP to I&M lawyers Walker Kontos Advocates states.

https://www.nation.co.ke...97422-rwiksdz/index.html
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
maka
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:17:49 PM

Mastermind wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]The units on auction had not been sold before? Reserve price per unit?

“We have noted that, despite the status quo order made by Justice Maureen Odero, your clients have proceeded to advertise the 204 apartments again in today’s (Monday) Daily Nation. We demand the immediate publication in tomorrow’s (Tuesday) daily, an advert cancelling the said contemptuous advertisement, failing which we will be moving to court immediately to cite your clients for contempt of court,” a letter from Ogola Okello & Company LLP to I&M lawyers Walker Kontos Advocates states.

https://www.nation.co.ke...7422-rwiksdz/index.html[/quote]

There is an injunction the alleged sale is contemptuous.
possunt quia posse videntur
hardwood
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:05:15 PM

maka wrote:
Mastermind wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

https://www.nation.co.ke...7422-rwiksdz/index.html

There is an injunction the alleged sale is contemptuous.

They (developers) will be milked by lawyers via numerous court cases and injunctions but ultimately deni lazima walipe. They should focus on working out a deal with the bankers.