wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Rongai Road Expansion
Bachuma Gate
#1 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 1:34:52 PM

Magadi Road expansion in the offing. Some buildings to come down.It was on NTV last night. Anyone with more info?
DOH
shalishali
#2 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2012 2:16:31 PM

Didnt watch NTV but I have seen some markings, will be a relief for those of us who use Magadi road!!
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!
webish
#3 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:03:14 AM

Bachuma Gate wrote:
Magadi Road expansion in the offing. Some buildings to come down.It was on NTV last night. Anyone with more info?

Has this taken off? Last time I was those sides i saw 'uncoordinated' construction. Are these repairs or part of Main plan.

Then, when people Say "Magadi Road". Does it mean road starting from "Bomas/Galleria" turn-off to Olepolos area? or what?

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Gathige
#4 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:28:25 AM

@webish, Magadi Road proper is that road from Bomas of Kenya Junction- Magadi Soda Co.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
a4architect.com
#5 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:35:49 AM

2 to 3 weeks ago i heard Kajiado county Governor say that the road will be expanded soon.He said it will be dual cariage from Bomas to Rongai, Kiserian, Ngong till Karen then it links up with Ngong road expansion at Karen.
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
webish
#6 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 3:30:59 PM

Gathige wrote:
@webish, Magadi Road proper is that road from Bomas of Kenya Junction- Magadi Soda Co.

This would be very nice then. Imagine if the Road between "kona baridi" i think, and all the way to Magadi Co.. is made.

Would be fantastic. That road is so bad right now, eish.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
maka
#7 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 3:41:57 PM

Bachuma Gate wrote:

All those buildings at Rongai that have encroached are being brought down...
But for now they are just doing regular maintenance..
possunt quia posse videntur
FRM2011
#8 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 4:29:10 PM

Am sorry to burst the bubble but magadi rd aint being expanded anytime soon. In 2011, the funds were availed, design work done but the demolitions could not proceed for two reasons. Some of the owners were quite influential and pleaded with kibaki to intervene. Secondly the donors are categorical nowadays that owners of properties demolished to pave way for road construction must be compensated. With numerous projects competing for the same cash, KENHA resolved to direct the money elsewhere. The governor can't help as magadi road is under KENHA and therefore wont be devolved.
Am
#9 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 8:46:55 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Am sorry to burst the bubble but magadi rd aint being expanded anytime soon. In 2011, the funds were availed, design work done but the demolitions could not proceed for two reasons. Some of the owners were quite influential and pleaded with kibaki to intervene. Secondly the donors are categorical nowadays that owners of properties demolished to pave way for road construction must be compensated. With numerous projects competing for the same cash, KENHA resolved to direct the money elsewhere. The governor can't help as magadi road is under KENHA and therefore wont be devolved.

Boss. You sound Informed. Where were/Will the Funds be Directed? Which roads?
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
a4architect.com
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:10:39 AM

http://www.businessdaily...2/-/qmukljz/-/index.html
As Iron Sharpens Iron, So one Man Sharpens Another.
lochaes
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:07:13 AM

Word on the ground is that works on the expansion MIGHT start this October. Has anyone heard anything similar to this?
itz
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 4:29:37 AM

word on the ground where?i lost all hope when I saw them laying the safcom fibre optic cable 1.5m-2m from the current road
Gathige
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:41:53 AM

itz wrote:
word on the ground where?i lost all hope when I saw them laying the safcom fibre optic cable 1.5m-2m from the current road

@itz, Cable contractors dig anywhwere and their losses are massive every time there are road works. The road expansion is real this time round.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
lochaes
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 6:24:14 AM

itz wrote:

I had gone to to look for land a month ago and was told by three different people who I am sure don't know each other.
B.Timer
#15 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 12:17:31 PM

lochaes wrote:
itz wrote:

I had gone to to look for land a month ago and was told by three different people who I am sure don't know each other.

How much is 1 acre around Kona baridi area - comng down to Kiserian.
Dunia ni msongamano..
wanyee
#16 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 2:46:19 PM

This explains a gradual build up purchase of land by a high profile person that side
lochaes
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 5:17:53 PM

B.Timer wrote:
lochaes wrote:
itz wrote:

if you're able to get an acre it will be going for approx. 3 million.....

@wanyee yep. apparently the second phase of the expansion will reach magadi.
Gathige
#18 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:33:17 PM

B.Timer wrote:
lochaes wrote:
itz wrote:

Prices range btwn 3-5m depending on the distance from the main magadi road.

I have 2 acres subdivided into 1/8ths on offer at 500k/plot 1km from the tarmac
lochaes
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 8:23:11 AM

Tutangoja hadi lini?
Sober
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 05, 2015 9:02:50 AM

lochaes wrote:
Tutangoja hadi lini?

I think they prioritized the Lang'ata-Bomas stretch to ease traffic around the junction. Magadi road should be a very big venture. My thinking is that it will only be looked at after we are done with expanding Ngong road(10km) from Mbagathi Way to the foot of Ngong hills, this will complete the network with the Southern-Bypass which is substantially complete and the connector that passes Yaya-centre to James Gichuru. I bet diaspora guys have to wait mpaka around 2018 hapo
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'