Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages«<3456>
Stocks to BUY by yaserbigchair
hisah
#81 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 2:39:32 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Buyer's market at the moment!!!

I wish I shared the same sentiments with you.

The extreme bear fear is usually a sweet spot for buying at ridiculous prices if you know what you're doing smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mkate_nusu
#82 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 11:27:47 PM

hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

The extreme bear fear is usually a sweet spot for buying at ridiculous prices if you know what you're doing smile

@hisah which discounted stocks are good to buy now?
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
hisah
#83 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 5:57:40 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Currently looking at financials as the interest rate cap bill creates extremely bearish sentiments. For banks my picks are EQTY, BBK (the sale by the parent has also spooked it) and DTB. KCB is also attractive, but the rights drama has put me off. For insurance CIC or Jubilee; undecided for now. Once the bill storm passes then I start my shopping in Q4.
Waiting for BAMB at 150 as my strike price.

For those buying the bear, patience will be key since the current bear pressure is solid. Financials have shouldered most of it, which setups an interesting rebound scenario when bulls return with equal energy. My expetation is 200% plus gain at minimum!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Ebenyo
#84 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 7:48:57 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

@mkate nusu,im thinking to add in this line:
ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.
in the long run,im thinking bamburi to replace cables,eabl to replace carbacid.
My problem is limited cash.im working my budget to do my buying once a month.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#85 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 10:22:48 AM

kindly avoid bank stocks at all cost

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
mkate_nusu
#86 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 11:18:58 AM

hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Currently looking at financials as the interest rate cap bill creates extremely bearish sentiments. For banks my picks are EQTY, BBK (the sale by the parent has also spooked it) and DTB. KCB is also attractive, but the rights drama has put me off. For insurance CIC or Jubilee; undecided for now. Once the bill storm passes then I start my shopping in Q4.
Waiting for BAMB at 150 as my strike price.

For those buying the bear, patience will be key since the current bear pressure is solid. Financials have shouldered most of it, which setups an interesting rebound scenario when bulls return with equal energy. My expetation is 200% plus gain at minimum!

I bought BBK at sub 10(dividend yield of 10 % is attractive) and CIC at 4. I am also holding EQTY and adding at my target of 36.50 slightly above the 52 week low. BAMB is also a stock I would like but quite pricey for the small fish. It would be good if they split this stock for more people to afford
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
mkate_nusu
#87 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 11:33:19 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

ea cables is majority owned by TCL so there may be some fishy activities going on for the ordinary investor to know. chaep imports from china also hurting them

carbacid i don't know what kind of business they actually do and it has been dropping for some reason. at some point it was at 70 i believe

hfck I await to see how the bond payment is structured in case of partial equity conversion as I predict it may drop to below 10 by next year due to dilution effects
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Pesa Nane
#88 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 9:41:26 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

ea cables is majority owned by TCL so there may be some fishy activities going on for the ordinary investor to know. chaep imports from china also hurting them

carbacid i don't know what kind of business they actually do and it has been dropping for some reason. at some point it was at 70 i believe

hfck I await to see how the bond payment is structured in case of partial equity conversion as I predict it may drop to below 10 by next year due to dilution effects

Brick wall Brick wall
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Metasploit
#89 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:10:54 AM

SAFARICOM
KENOL KOBIL
SCAN GROUP
KE RE
CIC

SAFCOM:Breakout at 20.50 (Real bidding volume has started today after the pullback-Has been having negligible foreign sales during the pullback..individual sales has been on volumes less than 100,000)

Kenol kobil is finally draining supply at 11.50-12 ( A multi year resistance==On the watch list

SCAN Group=Has seen large volume traded at 15 with price failing to go below 15 ( On watch ist)

CIC=Seems to have floored at 4.00 (On watch list)

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
mkate_nusu
#90 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:06:35 PM

Metasploit wrote:
SAFARICOM
KENOL KOBIL
SCAN GROUP
KE RE
CIC

SAFCOM:Breakout at 20.50 (Real bidding volume has started today after the pullback-Has been having negligible foreign sales during the pullback..individual sales has been on volumes less than 100,000)

Kenol kobil is finally draining supply at 11.50-12 ( A multi year resistance==On the watch list

SCAN Group=Has seen large volume traded at 15 with price failing to go below 15 ( On watch ist)

SCAN group volumes are distribution and the stock is overvalued so you can fill in the blanks for yourself with the bear at hand
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Metasploit
#91 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:11:36 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
[quote=Metasploit]SAFARICOM
KENOL KOBIL
SCAN GROUP
KE RE
CIC

SCAN group volumes are distribution and the stock is overvalued so you can fill in the blanks for yourself with the bear

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
Ebenyo
#92 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:55:38 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

Brick wall Brick wall

Thanks mkate nusu for your honest response.On that note,i drop cables and carbacid.I was too uneasy also on TCL factor and carbacid core business.Though im always prepared on the risk of loosing money in NSE.So we agree on BBK and kenya re.
Seems there are troubles with hfck inability to pay bondholders.I will also wait and see if there will be blood on the streets.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#93 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:13:18 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

Brick wall Brick wall

Thanks mkate nusu for your honest response.On that note,i drop cables and carbacid.I was too uneasy also on TCL factor and carbacid core business.Though im always prepared on the risk of loosing money in NSE.So we agree on BBK and kenya re.
Seems there are troubles with hfck inability to pay bondholders.I will also wait and see if there will be blood on the streets.

You can't make money flipping stocks in a bear. Buy and sit back.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#94 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:32:04 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

Brick wall Brick wall

@Ebenyo you scare us! I can't believe it that HFCK has failed to pay bondholders. Please quote the source. or @Obiero help us here we need your inside info.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
obiero
#95 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:20:32 AM

Spikes wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

Brick wall Brick wall

@Ebenyo you scare us! I can't believe it that HFCK has failed to pay bondholders. Please quote the source. or @Obiero help us here we need your inside info.

The bond is not even up for maturity, so the claim that HF have failed to pay up is misplaced, but there are ominous signs that they may fail incase the liquidity position isnt shored up

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#96 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 11:47:10 AM

obiero wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

Brick wall Brick wall

The bond is not even up for maturity, so the claim that HF have failed to pay up is misplaced, but there are ominous signs that they may fail incase the liquidity position isnt shored up

When the reality hits the headlines Britam will be a potential casualty! Great feast at 5bob Britam stock I am in!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Pesa Nane
#97 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:14:18 PM

Spikes wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
hisah wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

ea cables-short term.
carbacid-short term
kenya re-long term
barclays-short term
hfck-long term.

in the list I am holding
kenya re-long term
BBK-medium-long term

Brick wall Brick wall

Brick wall Brick wall

Pesa Nane
#98 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:56:48 PM

Take Aways: The Story of HFCK Bond

FACT 1: Approved Amount Ksh. 10Bn
FACT 2: Issued Amount
FXD (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 5,864,400,000.00 only
FR (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 1,166,500,000.00 only
FXD (HFCK) 02/2012/7YR - Ksh. 2,969,100,000.00 only

FACT 3: FXD (HFCK) 02/2012/7YR - Ksh. 2,969,100,000.00 (2nd tranche)
Tenor: 7 years
Maturity: 02 OCTOBER 2019

FACT 4: FR (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 1,166,500,000.00
Maturity: 02 OCTOBER 2017

FACT 5: FXD (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 5,864,400,000.00

FACT 6: HFCK is holding (as at June 2016) Ksh. 3.7 Billion of Govt securities being "a sinking fund towards liquidation of the first tranche of its corporate bond expected in October 2017" See HY results

Figures: CMA Bulletin

VituVingiSana
#99 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:37:48 PM

HFCK will be fine. It's not TCL.

HFCK can always pay off the bond by raising fresh cash, retaining earnings AND it can always raise a new bond. The challenge is that elections makes it harder (more expensive) to raise funds in an election year. If the elections go smoothly [no PEV] then I expect HF can raise another bond as folks will want to move from cash to investments.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mkate_nusu
#100 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2016 1:44:42 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Take Aways: The Story of HFCK Bond

FACT 1: Approved Amount Ksh. 10Bn
FACT 2: Issued Amount
FXD (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 5,864,400,000.00 only
FR (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 1,166,500,000.00 only
FXD (HFCK) 02/2012/7YR - Ksh. 2,969,100,000.00 only

FACT 3: FXD (HFCK) 02/2012/7YR - Ksh. 2,969,100,000.00

FACT 4: FR (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 1,166,500,000.00

FACT 5: FXD (HFCK) 2010/7YR - Ksh. 5,864,400,000.00 (2nd Tranche)
Maturity: 02 OCTOBER 2019

FACT 6: HFCK is holding (as at June 2016) Ksh. 3.7 Billion of Govt securities being "a sinking fund towards liquidation of the first tranche of its corporate bond expected in October 2017" See HY results

Figures: CMA Bulletin

Pesa 8 as from the above approximately 7 billion is due next year. The govt paper will pay for half of the first tranche and the other half is what I expect to be converted to equity.
Looking at their cash equivalents as at HY 16 and their current liquidity ratio slightly 1 % above the minimum requirement of 20 % I don't expect them to meet the payment in full. Where will the money come from if not converting to equity and diluting existing shareholders?
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM