wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

63 Pages«<34567>»
UNAITAS
King G
#81 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2012 12:37:33 PM

BGL wrote:
Just as Kenyans witnessed the transition from MURAMATI to UNAITAS, In exactly the same way Kenyans will witness UNAITAS transit from a SACCO to a something else. It is not if but when this will happen.

Meanwhile, as CMA drags its feet on creation of the GEMS segment, UNAITAS strategy going forward is to build a strong CAPITAL & CUSTOMER base in readiness for the transition. For now i am comfortable with the UNAITAS logo all over Kenya.

Applause
Thieves
samsa
#82 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:57:12 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:

NBV stands at an average of KES 19, Earnings are quite volatile, Dividends stand between KES 0.80 – 1.00 (Dividend Yield of 8%-10%). (Shares are selling at KES 10 and have the same par value)

By The Way Statement; getting information on Unaitas does not come easily and they tend to limit the information they give. An evidence to this is that its time shareholders are getting 2011 annual reports yet shareholders in other companies are talking of H1 2012 results. Also, I fail to understand why they dint give the income statement in the 2011 annual report but opted to only state the top line and bottom line.

And what is NBV in simple language?

I hear they had issues with the accountant and risk manager. I hope they did manage to get the best CFO and Risk expert.
wajuguna
#83 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:00:33 PM

As much as this thread is on Unaitas, there are better deals out there. Consider STIMA SACCO'S :
Asset base- 7b
Dividend- 12%
Interest- 11%

Pretty good by any standards.
murchr
#84 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:24:18 PM

wajuguna wrote:
As much as this thread is on Unaitas, there are better deals out there. Consider STIMA SACCO'S :
Asset base- 7b
Dividend- 12%
Interest- 11%

But I thought the eligible members are civil servants and their spouses or those in the energy sector?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
King G
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:28:26 PM

murchr wrote:
wajuguna wrote:
Asset base- 7b
Dividend- 12%
Interest- 11%

But I thought the eligible members are civil servants and their spouses or those in the energy sector?

Nope is has been open to guys working for KPLC/KENGEN/Energy regulatory blah blah/ and anything around that sector. But of late they have had Membership drives which targets people from outside their circle provided you are intoduced by a member who is 5 years old in the Sacco.
Thieves
wajuguna
#86 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:51:33 PM

Like Murchr noted, Stima Sacco is today open to everybody- all sort of employees, Business people, Groups and Corporates. The one who introduces you only need be an existing member regardless of how long. You could even walk in and be introduced by the Sacco staff.
mwekez@ji
#87 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:46:36 AM

samsa wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

NBV stands at an average of KES 19, Earnings are quite volatile, Dividends stand between KES 0.80 – 1.00 (Dividend Yield of 8%-10%). (Shares are selling at KES 10 and have the same par value)

By The Way Statement; getting information on Unaitas does not come easily and they tend to limit the information they give. An evidence to this is that its time shareholders are getting 2011 annual reports yet shareholders in other companies are talking of H1 2012 results. Also, I fail to understand why they dint give the income statement in the 2011 annual report but opted to only state the top line and bottom line.

And what is NBV in simple language?

I hear they had issues with the accountant and risk manager. I hope they did manage to get the best CFO and Risk expert.

NBV is Net Book Value

1. It is the total value of the company's assets that shareholders would theoretically receive if a company were liquidated.

2. By being compared to the company's market value, the book value can indicate whether a stock is under- or overpriced.

Read more: here

Am glad they noticed the two chaps weren't straight. I still have never understood why they ommited income statement in the 2011 annual report. Could you be in the know
BGL
#88 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:09:02 PM

Unaitas (yu-nai-tas) ‏@Unaitas

Are you coming to the Nairobi International Trade Fare? Well, now you have every reason. Visit the Unaitas stand.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
mwekez@ji
#89 Posted : Thursday, October 04, 2012 9:56:16 AM

BGL wrote:
Unaitas (yu-nai-tas) ‏@Unaitas

Are you coming to the Nairobi International Trade Fare? Well, now you have every reason. Visit the Unaitas stand.

While there, ask them how far they are on their word of being the 1st to list in GEMS now that GEMS has been gazetted
BGL
#90 Posted : Friday, October 05, 2012 11:33:46 AM

Looking for a job? Here is an opportunity for you at Unaitas via twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...4axTvZCEAAofDr.png:large
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
youcan'tstopusnow
#91 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:16:25 PM

Savings and credit societies are seeking to build up a Sh500 billion fund from which they can borrow at lower rates to meet the high
demand for loans from their members and avoid
expensive bank lending.
http://www.nation.co.ke/...8/-/xfbrst/-/index.html
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
BGL
#92 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:45:34 PM

Meanwhile, Unaitas plans to grow its branch network to 19 by the end of next year in bid to attract additional deposits that will fund its loan book.

http://www.businessdaily...78/-/jdy4yf/-/index.html
BGL
#93 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:14:22 PM

Unaitas Sacco wins the FiRe Award Sacco Category for the third year running.
MADE
#94 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 9:32:01 AM

[quote=BGL]Meanwhile, Unaitas plans to grow its branch network to 19 by the end of next year in bid to attract additional deposits that will fund its loan book.

Unaitas is surely headed to greatness. Their newest branch which is in Nakuru (Mburu Gichua Rd)is now fully functional and has already attracted new members/shareholders in thousands; yet the branch has been in operation for only two months.
Age is transforming me into an Elder;becoz Admin hasn't made me one.
BGL
#95 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:07:15 PM

BGL wrote:

Some outstanding achievements by UNAITAS!!

The CEO Mr. Tony Mwangi 2nd Best CEO, 1st Runners up Champions of Governance Award2012.
Unaitas also gets The ICT Company of the Year Award under the MFIs and Saccos Category.
Mukiri
#96 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:28:04 PM

BGL wrote:
BGL wrote:

The CEO Mr. Tony Mwangi 2nd Best CEO, 1st Runners up Champions of Governance Award2012.
Unaitas also gets The ICT Company of the Year Award under the MFIs and Saccos Category.

Applause Kudos

Any new real estate projects? Last I heard they had financed an affiliate selling land in Konza. Nini mpya as we await dividends?

Proverbs 19:21
InnovateGuy
#97 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 6:40:38 PM

When are they getting listed? Just curious.

Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
BGL
#98 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 7:14:55 PM

InnovateGuy wrote:

As long as they want to remain a SACCO they will never list because SACCOs have unlimited shareholding structure.
However, if they convert to something else (Micro finance or bank) they can be listed.
InnovateGuy
#99 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 7:27:00 PM

BGL wrote:
InnovateGuy wrote:

As long as they want to remain a SACCO they will never list because SACCOs have unlimited shareholding structure.
However, if they convert to something else (Micro finance or bank) they can be listed.

So there is no point of buying UNAITAS shares if they are not getting listed anytime soon. Right?

Why should an investor buy spent Kshs. 10 per share if the share is not appreciating in value?

How far are they from hitting the Kshs. 1 Billion assets mark? I understand this is the threshold before joining the big boys league.

Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
kenyanbeef
#100 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:23:35 AM

Mukiri wrote:
BGL wrote:
BGL wrote:

Applause Kudos

Any new real estate projects? Last I heard they had financed an affiliate selling land in Konza. Nini mpya as we await dividends?

And when are the dividends coming?