Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<1234>»
Online NSE stock trading
hisah
#21 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 6:54:29 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
kenmac wrote:
Has anyone had success logging in with the CFC online trading? Can't log in yesterday and today

i was able to log in now

"Active Trader is not currently availabe...... Try loging in later" This is most likely the message you got. It normally happens maybe when they are updating the site or something of that sort. It normally resumes after a while, but it sucks. Good you are now able to trade.

Yep, it does suck and I find it quite unstable. Why can't it run smoothly live Rich Live or Mystocks Live? Is CFC that broke to put up a proper stable platform? Bad PR...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Hunderwear
#22 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 8:55:29 PM

hisah wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
kenmac wrote:
Has anyone had success logging in with the CFC online trading? Can't log in yesterday and today

i was able to log in now

"Active Trader is not currently availabe...... Try loging in later" This is most likely the message you got. It normally happens maybe when they are updating the site or something of that sort. It normally resumes after a while, but it sucks. Good you are now able to trade.

Yep, it does suck and I find it quite unstable. Why can't it run smoothly live Rich Live or Mystocks Live? Is CFC that broke to put up a proper stable platform? Bad PR...

Try Suntra Reatime trader.Its always good and never fails me
mwekez@ji
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:38:47 PM

Hunderwear wrote:

Try Suntra Reatime trader.Its always good and never fails me

Whats good with the Suntra online system apart from being able to place online orders which one can do with the CFC online system?

The Suntra online system live stream page has only 3 information columns namely:
1. Last Traded Price
2.Last Traded Time
3.Net Change(KShs)

To make things worse, those 3 columns still show outdated data for year 2011.

CFC online system has a lot of live info including columns to monitor foreign buys and sales on realtime
earthvoice
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:31:00 PM

Seems that none of these online trading platforms is without it's faults... though for the last few months Suntra has been lagging way behind, absolutely poor (I pity the guy Ng'etich at the helpdesk, always inundated by calls from guys complaining about the system!)... bure kabisa. Shame on you

For new would-be users wanting to sign up for online trading, the choice is between Dyer & Blair (ref #guru267) and CFC (ref #Aguytrying).

guru267 wrote:
This morning from the comfort of my bed i was able to buy Kenol Kobil at 14.55bob.. The lowest price of the day!!

All courtesy of Dyer & Blair online trading...

Aguytrying wrote:
Cfc is quite good. It has its problems like not working once in a while. But largely the exception rather than then rule. When this happens you just send them an email and they will respond in minutes and put your order through. Even if you forget your password they respond in minutes. Their customer care is very very good. When i complain via email, sometimes they even call you just to tell you their systems are down.
"All intelligent investing is value investing -- acquiring more than you are paying for. You must value the business in order to value the stock." - Charlie Munger.
MoneyMonger
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:51:33 PM

earthvoice wrote:
Seems that none of these online trading platforms is without it's faults... though for the last few months Suntra has been lagging way behind, absolutely poor (I pity the guy Ng'etich at the helpdesk, always inundated by calls from guys complaining about the system!)... bure kabisa. Shame on you

For new would-be users wanting to sign up for online trading, the choice is between Dyer & Blair (ref #guru267) and CFC (ref #Aguytrying).

guru267 wrote:
This morning from the comfort of my bed i was able to buy Kenol Kobil at 14.55bob.. The lowest price of the day!!

All courtesy of Dyer & Blair online trading...

Aguytrying wrote:
Cfc is quite good. It has its problems like not working once in a while. But largely the exception rather than then rule. When this happens you just send them an email and they will respond in minutes and put your order through. Even if you forget your password they respond in minutes. Their customer care is very very good. When i complain via email, sometimes they even call you just to tell you their systems are down.

Thanks, and especially for pulling the references by guru267 and Aguytrying. I think it's high time for me to consider a change. I normally place my orders through mail to my current broker (Kingdom securities) but am normally not sure whether the order is placed or not until I get a CDSC sms that the trade is through.Sometimes delays happen and I lose some bucks as a result. I always find myself writing a second time to let them acknowledge receipt of preceding mails. I wont recommend my current broker.
There is nothing as dangerous as an Idea, when there is only one Idea
Aguytrying
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:37:46 PM

cfc have upgraded their online platform. its wonderful. its now stable no problems logging in this year. it has alot of information. instant placing of orders. you can request payment. cheque,eft, rtgs ( need to confirm if active)
it even calculates your average buying price.

you have to use it to believe it. i doubt theres anything better or even close in the market
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
MoneyMonger
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:20:11 PM

Applause
Aguytrying wrote:
cfc have upgraded their online platform. its wonderful. its now stable no problems logging in this year. it has alot of information. instant placing of orders. you can request payment. cheque,eft, rtgs ( need to confirm if active)

you have to use it to believe it. i doubt theres anything better or even close in the market

There is nothing as dangerous as an Idea, when there is only one Idea
Josey
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:42:12 PM

MoneyMonger wrote:
Applause
Aguytrying wrote:

I love it too Applause Applause
mwekez@ji
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:15:24 AM

… good new CFC Online platform …. am however missing the columns that were showing foreign purchases and sales
mibbz
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 12:23:20 AM

Hi guys,finally decided to start trading online and stop the hustle of visiting and emailing the broker.
From the above post i have concluded its a dyer and blair vs cfc fight for better online trading services.
My questions:
1. How do the 2 currently compare based on your experiences from Jan 2013 and how is the new interface in CFC?are they real time?
2. Any improvement from Suntra since 2012?
3. Can i be allowed to shift my shares from current broker to another as they are so as to access online platform or must i liquidate assets and move money to new broker?

Any help and advise shall be much appreciated.Thanks
georgegop
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:01:58 AM

At Least i know that u dont have to liquidate your assets before you move on to a new broker.
My advice is, once you have identified the broker you want to hama to, just go talk to them and they will advise you on what to be done!
good luck!
Don't Work for Money, Let Money Work for You..
King G
#32 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:26:51 AM

You are allowed to shift (transfer) your CDS account from one broker to another with the holdings (shares) intact. Just go to your current broker and ask for the trnasfer form, though i think it is at a small fee kedo 1k ama 2k (not sure).
Thieves
mibbz
#33 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:35:51 AM

thanks for the responses thus far....onto the other question;
CFC vs Dyer and Blair? any experiences from the floor on the better option ?
mwekez@ji
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:38:14 AM

mibbz wrote:

The 2 online trading systems are exactly the same (copycat) save for CFC is yet to incorporate "HTTPS" in the trading platform for secure e-transactions. @guru can tell us whether Dyer and Blair has the "HTTPS" on the web address
King G
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:55:44 AM

My boss whom we relate with well and discuss issues uses CFC platform. He has no complaints except requirement to change password like on bi-weekly. Of late i have not heard him complain.

But those using the two systems directly are better off saying any teething problems they may be experiencing e.g. downtime, customer service, funds transfer both in and out,market research information etc
Thieves
Dahatre
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:15:14 AM

I had the same question last week and read this thread http://goo.gl/etNhN3 about CFC.

The use of agents some of whom had gmail emails gave me cause for concern, even thought the agent I checked was very personable, while D&B tellers were a less so.....I ended up with D&B. The online trading part is not active yet, so I cannot comment on it.

mibbz wrote:

mibbz
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:19:11 PM

@mwekezaj does the cfc online platform show you data like foreign buys and must i put a buy/sale order prior to market opening or can i do it real time and get it executed?

Any dyer and blair online platform users?
guru267
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:18:54 PM

mibbz wrote:
@mwekezaj does the cfc online platform show you data like foreign buys and must i put a buy/sale order prior to market opening or can i do it real time and get it executed?

@mibbz with D&B one can place, modify, cancel or execute an order real time...

One can also request for funds using the platform!

One has access to a wide variety of data though I have noticed the platform does not offer data on foreign/local trading on a counter!

Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
mibbz
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:01:34 PM

guru267 wrote:
mibbz wrote:

One has access to a wide variety of data though I have noticed the platform does not offer data on foreign/local trading on a counter!

Thanks a lot guru267....just wondering whats the maximum number of orders per day and does it also take 4 days to settle as the normal brokers do? and does it have to be cheque or can one do rtgs for amounts less than 1 mil?
guru267
#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 2:27:16 AM

mibbz wrote:
guru267 wrote:
mibbz wrote:

Thanks a lot guru267....just wondering whats the maximum number of orders per day and does it also take 4 days to settle as the normal brokers do? and does it have to be cheque or can one do rtgs for amounts less than 1 mil?

1. There are no maximum number of orders per day..

2. When selling a share one can use the proceeds to purchase another share immediately! Purchasing still involves T+3...

3. I think D&B uses ones preferred method although mine is cheque!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16