wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<45678>
Best ways of saving money during these hard times.
'user'
#101 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 8:52:45 PM

replace meat with matumbo one day of the week. 50% savings.hata matumbo ni nyama.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
For Sport
#102 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 9:02:08 PM

@ User
but do not microwave the left overs...ask Impunity
new investor
#103 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 10:19:19 PM

Hilariuos!!! Why would anyone want to cook matumbo? Si nyumba itanuka?
Give Away FREE Reports and Affiliate Tools.
Earn commissions from sales of Our Do-It-Yourself List Building Resources.
http://www.leadgeneratingtools.com
Nabwire
#104 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 10:45:37 PM

This has got to be the best post, too hilarious!! But Pondi needs serious prayers!!! There is something called rent parties or something where you host a party at your house and charge a reasonable amount at the door. You advertise it as much as possible, then you buy cheap snacks and tell people to BYOB. You can make a neat sum from the cover charge and since Kenyans love to party, Im guessing it will cover your expenses. Though this is more lucrative for people who like to party alot or have friends who party alot.
nyangao
#105 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 12:02:35 PM

Nabwire wrote:
This has got to be the best post, too hilarious!! But Pondi needs serious prayers!!! There is something called rent parties or something where you host a party at your house and charge a reasonable amount at the door. You advertise it as much as possible, then you buy cheap snacks and tell people to BYOB. You can make a neat sum from the cover charge and since Kenyans love to party, Im guessing it will cover your expenses. Though this is more lucrative for people who like to party alot or have friends who party alot.

Nabwire,

I hope in your cost you cover for damages and costs incurred in cleaning up the mess. but then if guys can afford to party kwani hii "hard times" haiwakuli wao? you might find that they will feast na wabebe take away for savings on their side!
GGK
#106 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 1:12:18 PM

My 2 cents.
M-Pesa - avoid having any balance
weka Sura ya kazi.
Use free toilet @job. If in CBD use 680. Nakumatt anywhere. Sura ya kazi will help you.
Dont shout... will save you energy
Water: Boil yours
Food: Avoid meat. vegetarian diet will pro-long your life at less cost
Outing: Restrict to the pub next door. If other drunks start getting friendly, shift base
Energy: switch of the fridge. why keep one packet of milk when you can buy it when you want.
Shopping: Go alone with a list.
If single: Dating is overrated avoid it
Traveling: Only if someone is dead or dying
Fuel: Go public. walk as much as possible
Fitness: No gym. jog, jog, team sport

"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
#107 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:23:46 PM

Follow the toilet paper's manufacturer recommendation, you should use 1 piece every time poop ie don't skip the perforation.

BBI will solve it
:)
Ray
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 3:55:05 PM

GGK wrote:

Use free toilet @job. If in CBD use 680. Nakumatt anywhere.

Choo ya kanju imepanda siku hizi ni 10 bob.
QW25081985
#109 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 4:01:53 PM

am yet to see any forex trader like me post on this thread ......lol

pesa si shida ...
Nabwire
#110 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:20:47 PM

Nyangao point noted, I have not tried this nor would I, but if I was a mlevi/partier, I think it would be worth a try coz I have noticed people who party alot rarely care what the costs are as long as they are having a good time. Basi make sure that your apartment has the bare minimum to avoid damage and take away.
LOL GGK, ati dont shout!!
QW wewe ni Kinyonga kweli, si umepost!!! Just remember that its not how much you make, its how much you keep, ati pesa si shida, kwani umefika Billion $$$, I hope huongei about a couple of thousand kshs
sparkly
#111 Posted : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:09:30 PM

Get married and land cheaply whenever wherever. Consider the costs of mpango wa viazi: amarulla, sambuca, java, taxi, nywele, choma, fry and you are not assured.
Life is short. Live passionately.
easyshop
#112 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:43:20 PM

If you find yourself at the chemist don't forget the magic words"na after discount?"
Use a price comparison site like Easyshop before making a shopping decision,especially on expensive items it saves you both time and money.
josiah33
#113 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:00:41 PM

1.Turn off the TV and all the lights to save electricity and tell the kids it's a game of hide-and-seek.
2.Time your visits to 7 friends, each on one day of the week,around dinner time to get free meals the whole week.
josiah33
#114 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:13:30 PM

more tips:
1.Leave everything in the same place in your house, so you can easily get around at night without turning the lights on.
2.hang the tea bags out to dry and re-use them
3.While going to eat out with a girlfriend, accidentally…., just accidentally, forget your wallet at home
kenmac
#115 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 10:30:17 AM

nicesst thread,.....

Always use half tomato and half onion when cooking.
Drink tea without sugar, tell friends you forgot to stir the tea (sugar is at the base) if they question
take cham on fridays and sleep the whole weekend
let your girlfriend come in your house, no going to unnecessary places
avoid shopping at the local kiosks, they are expensive
harvest rain water whenever it rains, its free.
Develop a sudden alergy for frothy drinks on weekends
......Ecclesiastes
hoodrat
#116 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:22:27 PM

GGK wrote:
My 2 cents.
M-Pesa - avoid having any balance
weka Sura ya kazi.
Use free toilet @job. If in CBD use 680. Nakumatt anywhere. Sura ya kazi will help you.
Dont shout... will save you energy
Water: Boil yours
Food: Avoid meat. vegetarian diet will pro-long your life at less cost
Outing: Restrict to the pub next door. If other drunks start getting friendly, shift base
Energy: switch of the fridge. why keep one packet of milk when you can buy it when you want.
Shopping: Go alone with a list.
If single: Dating is overrated avoid it
Traveling: Only if someone is dead or dying
Fuel: Go public. walk as much as possible
Fitness: No gym. jog, jog, team sport

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Deadly!Laughing out loudly
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today!
Thiong'o
#117 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 4:53:03 PM

The secrete is to strike a bargain and bargain for everything….. Including flight tickets!!!.

Operator: Thank you for calling Kenya Airways. How may I help you?
Kenyan: Hallo. Germany ni pesa ngapi?

Operator: That will be Ksh 55,000 one-way.
Kenyan: Lakini si hiyo ni bei ya kuongea?

Operator: Am afraid the price is fixed.
Kenyan: Na nikishukia France nitembee hapo pengine?

Operator: Sir, the price for the flight is fixed.
Kenyan: Hata nikasimama?

Operator: That is not allowed on the flight sir.
Kenyan: Haya basi, nitakaa kwa shimo yenye iko katikati ya viti. Hiyo ni pesa ngapi?

Operator: Sir, I said the price for the flight is fixed.
Kenyan: Ai? Wacha nipigie Juma.

Operator: Who is Juma sir.
Kenyan: He is my relative. You see my grandfather had three wives. So Juma is the son to the brother of my sister's cousin from the second wife of the brother of my grandfather. Anafanya kazi huko kwenu. Am sure ataongea na wewe mnibebe sare.

Operator: Am afraid that will not be possible sir.
Kenyan: Haiya. Na wewe ni mgumu? Na mzigo je?

Operator: We allow 25 kgs carry-on luggage per passenger sir.
Kenyan: I have about kilo mia moja.

Operator: We will charge you Ksh 500 per extra kilo.
Kenyan: Si nitajishikia? Ni gunia moja tu. Nitashikia hapo nyuma ya pilot.

Operator: Am afraid only hand luggage is allowed sir.
Kenyan: Jesus! Nyinyi watu mnatunyanyasa. Ninaomba serikali iangalie hii mambo. Ok. Wacha nitalipa hiyo pesa.

Operator: Thank you.
Kenyan: Oh! Just one more thing. Naenda na Jane, mtoto wa sister yangu. Huyo si naweza kumshika tu?

Operator: How old is she sir?
Kenyan: Ni mtoto. She is only sixteen.

Operator: Am afraid that will be an additional ticket sir.
Kenyan: What do you mean another ticket? Mtoto. Lakini si ni half price kwa sababu ni mtoto eh?

Operator: No sir. She will pay the same rate as an adult sir.
Kenyan: Ai? Ksh 110,000. Hiyo ni mingi sana. Kwani ni plot nanunua? Ai? Hapana. Wacha twende na Meli.

tony stark
#118 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 10:16:10 PM

easyshop wrote:
If you find yourself at the chemist don't forget the magic words"na after discount?"
Use a price comparison site like Easyshop before making a shopping decision,especially on expensive items it saves you both time and money.

I get your idea but having a comparison site with no comparison is inane and to be polite stupid. Dont direct to a site that doesnt have any content. Think through ow you are going to get information of the products before you tell us to compare. Some suggestions talk to a few people and try and get in contact with someone from nakumatt, tuskys, uchumi etc and try and get price lists. This is the most critical step.
After getting a method of updating your price list the simple part of creating a database to compare product brands starts making sense and this will work
The next hard part is how to monetize the site to make money for you!
Please be serious don't put links to a shell!
sihingwa
#119 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:20:35 AM

new investor wrote:
Hilariuos!!! Why would anyone want to cook matumbo? Si nyumba itanuka?

@ Investor, U 4 real ? I 'defected' to omena since I cant afford the big fish, I dont care about my neighbors complaints!
sumuni
#120 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:56:52 AM

fuel saving tip-Always fuel your car very early in the morning when the temparatures are low. you see, the fuel pump uses volume(the Litre is a unit of volume) as a measure of how much fuel is pumped out. Fuel will, as all liquids do, expand as temparature increases. Although the expansion coefficient is small, it becomes quite significant if you are filling the tank, so much so that it can cancel out the 4 shilling increase in fuel prices. My Physics teacher would be so proud of me now smile
It is a curious fact that of all the illusions that beset mankind, none is quite as curious as that tendency to suppose that we are mentally and morally superior to those who differ from us in opinion.