wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages<12345>»
Best ways of saving money during these hard times.
Ray
#41 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2008 11:07:00 AM

@ Ladies

Buy your own hair products i.e. Relaxer / Treatment.In the salon you pay like 400 for treatment which is enough to buy a whole bottle that you can treat with for 3 times.
Maiduda
#42 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:16:00 AM

@Miser: day by day hour after hour I come to terms with your enumeration below

The only way to double your money without any risk is by folding a note into two and putting it in your pocket
Sigiriri
#43 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:03:00 PM

Miser,manze wewe ni mchoraji mmmmbaya!!

I will copy your stuff try to fit within a budget - my very first time ever to do a budget!

Endelea kuosa..

Bidii yangu
popeye
#44 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:20:00 PM

...always take advantage of end month offers at your supermarket

....where posible make use of your share of please call me

na gutoka leo.......lake victoria taguwa ocean
Maiduda
#45 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:28:00 PM

@Sigiriri...nice name,very nice name!

The only way to double your money without any risk is by folding a note into two and putting it in your pocket
miser
#46 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:44:00 PM

I can feel u comrade! Tho not easy atleast you have made a decision.Afterall,a penny saved is a penny earned.Just shut your eyes to temptations and above all avoid impulse buying!START SMALL AND YOU WILL GROW BIG! In any case if you u decide not save masiku yataenda tu!Wish u all the success MR. SIGIRIRI.............AND MAIDUDA TOO!!!
Maiduda
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:10:00 AM

More ideas please.....kimeumana!!

PONDI
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:40:00 AM

if you work for an international organisation ...lobby for that posting in zimbabwe. one of my pals is working there,says her house rent for a 4 bdr hao in the 'lavington' of harare,complete with swimming pool etc etc is 500$. the only catch is she has to pay in USD$ or SA rands.
Njunge
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:45:00 AM

Maiduda.........U act the character...!!!.......not that am any better......am putting one guzzler in the garage and throwing away the keys.....and frankly am hunting for a toy of 1000cc and below......but it seems kimeumana mpaka guys have stopped thinking.........lemme take a break to laugh...
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
wazamali
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:12:00 AM

Save power

Remove instant shower. Let pple take cold showers
Replace all 100,75 and 60 watt bulbs with 25 watt ones
Walk away with mains power fuse when you go to work,nobody will use electrical appliances when you are at work

Save water

No 1 above + install water speed governer at the kitchen tap
Rinse clothes only twice after a wash
Do not flush after a short call,only after a long one
Use waste laundry water to fill cistern

Save Rent

If you pay 20 K for 2Br,Move to less well finished one of 15K or
Squeeze into 1 BR of 12K instead of above

Save on food

take milky tea twice a week not seven
take bread thrice a week,not seven
have visitors only after 2 pm on weekends to avoid making lunch
take matumbo instead of beef,mgongo wazi instead of full fish,michellin instead of chicken
Buy cereals from the local market,never at supermarkets or stores
No eggs for breakfast,should be for supper or lunch only!

Cost save on fuel

Give a 'lift ' to 4 guys at the stage to or from work and chargethem 60 each for the favor
Buy fuel of 4K at beginning of month,park the car till next month fuel ikiisha
Drive a 700cc car instead of 1300cc or more

You cant fail to survive guys. I have saved 50 % as compared to my expenses 2 months ago!!

Chunga mali yako...
eli
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:10:00 AM

Dont save,Increase your sources of income! Do more than 2 jobs,some permanent,some parttime,some 'volunteer'. If business,do more than 2 businesses. Sell mandazi,sell airtime as well,plus newspapers. Get money through all ways! Think of getting more cash,not protecting the few you have! Think abundance,think more,go for more! And more ways of getting cash!

Otherwise,dont border a mat to work ( take route 11). Dont warm food,it consumes power ( eat cold food). Dont even eat,(Declare Ramadhan or Fasting) till the 'economy' becomes stable! Visit friends and eat at their houses,then go to your house late! Dont wash your clothes,it consumes soap,water (Zipige tu perfume).
LOKI
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2008 10:26:00 AM

well spoken eli.
the best way to save is to invest and create additional income streams.
its a race to consistently keep generating more than you consume.
inflation & liquidity 'cranch' will eventually ease but things never go back to where they used to be pricewise.

thus the only thing better than saving is to invest (in income generators ) till you drop.

Wisdom is the summation of man's timidity
Shotgun
#53 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2008 5:02:00 PM

Food / Vegetables

Move to a house near Nairobi River and start sewage farming.

Transport

Walk home. Even if it means being sweaty and smelly,at least you will be heading home and not work. Very healthy so no Medication Budget.

Energy

Start using candles. 2 candles per day for 30 days @5bob is Ksh.300. No more 124% bills from KPLC. Convince your chick/wife candles are romantic

Forbidden Fruits

Stop buying flesh at K-street. Head down town. There they understand the economy and can get for as little as 50bob. To make the deal more sweeter,they come with their own CDs...

If push comes to shove...

Leave us (SK Muungano Trust) your portifolio and decide to go to the land of milk and honey....
hustler
#54 Posted : Sunday, August 17, 2008 5:42:00 AM

take snator keg instead of tusker. cook githeri mob to last whole week.

EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE HAS CONSEQUENCES. IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
SGOBONGO
#55 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 5:24:00 PM

hey hey hey,seems everyone has an idea. Here is my two cents contribution:

Pool resources with your working galfrriend. Just be a good boy and keep the relationship alive - realize that this is symbiotic i.e. cost sharing in the house is at play.
Go and tithe! There is a mirracle in tithing. When you don't have a thing,miracles happen a lot of the times. Try this. Even Oprah Winfrey will advise!
Think abundance! Think a bundance! Where you focus is where you reap. Think poor and miserable and you are doomed. Suggest you grub a copy of THE SECRET and watch at the neighbours if you don't have the gadgets that will aid in watiching the movie.
Like someone said before,delay gratification...this will keep the little money you have in your pockets for long.
Get fatally risky..i.e spread yourself out into ventures. Of course not blindly,but don't horde money. Multiply at the earliest opportunity. If you are scared or feel like you don't have the drive for such,I suggest you go bungee jumping first. Or take a firewalking experience (talk with Peak Perfomance Interantional - they are here in Kenya). This will chase away fear and doubt so quickly you won't believe it.

Good luck bro!

Knowledge is power...but power is nothing that is not applied and refined
oliver twist
#56 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 7:02:00 PM

If u are a party animal or a heavy drinker,suggest you start ur binge from home!
Go to a cheap wine & spirits / supermarket,,buy ur stuff,go back home and drink till ur almost drunk then go to wherever u want to go and take ur expensive drink,take like ice cream & enjoy the nite.
U can also do the same with your group of pals,,but it may turn into a bash in ur digs...
& if u have a nagging wife... pole,go to a pals place and do the same
Mzee Mzima
#57 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 7:14:00 PM

Or change your drinking venue to a cheaper bar. After all the drinks are just the same. but not to a really cheap place where u may loose ur phone/wallet. Recently i was taken out by a pal to a place where a beer is Kshs. 250.00. Everytime i swallowed i kept thinking how that beer cost 2&half times more than the regular place.
Maiduda
#58 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:28:00 AM

Go to the bar late....very late. When you leave the office go home first. By the time you get to the bar most guys (you pals) are leaving and chances are they will buy you one on their way out.......they will be drunk/tipsy anyway.....

dexta
#59 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:07:00 PM

Enlightening post this one.
Simonkabz,I swallowed your advice,men I think am sick brother...my body seems to be absorbing even the pellets,sitoi chochote!
Am doing well really saving on tp but am now worried I might use my hard earned savings on medics

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge,others just gargle!
Net Worth
#60 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:50:00 AM

avoid fast food/eating out totally. Only cook dinner at home. no lunch or bfast.

Instead of putting the car in free on down hill.. go a step further and turn off completely. Leave on 'red' so the steering does'nt lock (even driving into the house). kick start on a low gear like 5 when it starts to climb. Dont overtake. D'ont use unnecessary speed,high revs. always plan when stopping to save on the brake pads also d'ont use engine to brake. close windows to increase the airflow and reduce drag. remove unnecessary weight in the car like the back seat,golf clubs,battery water,brake fluid,wierd tools etc.

dont carry extra cash you wont need during the day. only the bare bare minimum to avoid temptation.

make a list when going to the supermarket and follow it strictly.

always keep the loose coins well and use them for busfair.

Negotiate everything. Especially the matatu before entering.

Leather shoes last a long long time 2years+ if kept well. the none leather shoes tear and rip and loose integrity in a few months.

Turn off the mains when going to work. the fridge is empty anyway.

Recycle trousers,especially black ones.

Avoid hoes totally. stick with the wife/gf strictly!

Buy the cheapest alcohol. It will get you there quicker and has same effect as johnny walker black. drink at home first and depending on the mood only buy napoleon,furaha brandy and kibao vodka. for a mixer i suggest water or small sprite for the vodka and youll wahi-kuwahi at the same time.

instead of giving tips to the watchie when leaving a parking,instead give someone who needs it more...your back pocket. (see comment on coins and change above). He will understand times are hard.

if you can,go to church on sunday. that means you dont go anywhere on sato nite. get messed instead on friday

Throw away your safaricom card. you can get your same number 073xxx from Zain. those still on safaricom will follow suit soon due to economic times and those who are adamant can probably afford to call you. To maximise,dont buy credit unless the call your making will make you money.

when your flashed. flash them back. This has caught on to become a way of saying your also broke. please buy a zain 20 and txt me.

pray..