wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages123>»
Best ways of saving money during these hard times.
doh
#1 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 12:36:00 PM

- Carry packed lunch to work.
- Limit boozing to once a week and the number of drinks.
- Buy energy saving bulbs or remove bulbs from certain rooms.
- Rent a house close to your place of work and just walk.
- Donot buy dry clean only clothes. Wash and wear will save you some cash.
- Stop the gym subscription and do alot of walking;swimming jogging.
- Take your torn shoes to a cobbler instead of buying new ones.
- Shift your gear to free when driving downhill to save petrol.
- Go for buy one get one free or promos.
- Meet your chick at your place instead of the restuarant.
- Take your torn trouser to your tailor. After all our dads used to mend the bottoms severally until the bottom acquired a different material.

Any more ?

info is money
doh attached the following image(s):
savbookRV.jpg (6kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
mukiha
#2 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 12:40:00 PM

Always buy the cheaper of similar products - 'Jogoo' instead of 'Hostess','SRP' rice instead of 'CIL'
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mutuemilio
#3 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 12:44:00 PM

1.Scale down the No of chicks,One or two would be enough

2.drink senator and Alvaro and avoid Tusker

3.Change your phone number to avoid broke relatives.

MUTUEMILIO
mukiha
#4 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 12:48:00 PM

Take heavy breakfast and skip lunch - good for your weight as well
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
PONDI
#5 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 12:48:00 PM

- reduce number of ndogo ndogo.... i have.

- re-use condoms those things cost 150 for a 3 pack...the ones i like anyway,so if i can use each CD for several 'njotis' then am good ama? just make sure the one you use on njoki,aint used on achieng!!! heheh

- reduce bar friends. personally this was where i really save chums...kwanza those guys i went to primary school with...leeches big time!!
mlefu
#6 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:01:00 PM

switch from better option to making life better.
quote sell price for ur safcom shares at above 10 this week,then 20 next week..so on
get a job...tahts reserved to me only
drink at Karai,and all those pubs on luthuli ave' avoid westi like guys avoiding eveready shares.
subscribe to online materials..eg the nation newspaper.
buy car tyres from me...amazing price...
instead of taking a chick at your home..avoid them and stick to your wife.
throw away ATM,the long wait will discourage unnecesary withdraw
hire a house help on weekend basis only
for singles..marry
and definately avoid Pondi saving methods..enyewe wewe wooihhhh

now its your turn...YES!

keep smiling
gkchege
#7 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:08:00 PM

I liked this one best - change ur number to avoid broke relas. Manze honestly these ones can finish a dude kabisa!!!

@Pondi,any gava clinic will have the free ones - ensure u check expiry date though. Where I work kuna those ones distributed by gava. Don't ask me about the rapture rate - mimi sijui!!

Very viable - change to a celtel number - the effect is threefold:

Those drinking buds r most likely on safcom and will not want to call u on celtel
If u dont distribute ur new number,the relas will be dealt with too
U can call @3 bob from 6pm - and u have fewer pple to call anyway,so u will save a major sum
PONDI
#8 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:15:00 PM

those gava cd's once gave me friction burn...really..ok maybe in highness i may have worn it inside out and the lucky lady was not ehhhhh.... secreting enough!!!! shida ya quickie ni hio.
in the states people have even started 'garden farming' ...in kenya-speak that means you grow sukuma wiki,pili pili,etc on your ka-garden..assuming you have a yard or in kenya-speak a 'compound'!!!

xtina
#9 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:15:00 PM

if ur in campus,try to cook as much as possible and avoid going to the mess,
try to cook once and eat it twice to save on fuel,
wake up early in order to avoid boda bodas incase ur late for class,
try to budget ur pocket money and leave some for investing or saving
if u dont live in campus hostels,look for a room and rent it together with trusted friends;that way u can share the bill,instead of living in hostels which tend to be a bit on the higher side.
MOST IMPORTANT!!!!! pay your tithe,10% of ur cash belongs to God,Give Him what is His and u will drown in His blessings
jammo
#10 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:21:00 PM

Any idea how many cars are registered daily? Excluding heavy duty or commercial vehicles?..roughly 240 personal vehicles per month. Just a thot. Instead of strugglin to live within ur means..find ways to grow ur means? The brain power here can make some smart consulting work..hence fees?

'..and it came to pass..' so did we!
This market will probably outlive us. Wacha pupa!!u can't have it all.
Mankenya
#11 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:30:00 PM

Never ever look at the EXPENDITURE side of the equation unless offcourse you are a spendthrift. Set out to increase your INCOME.Change jobs..........the next one always pays better but more so,find proffessional jobs outside Kenya (if you live in Kenya),sincerely you cannot compare the two pay packages and effective savings for the same job.

In the meantime,drive only when very necessary and cut down on the beer/raha bills.
mlefu
#12 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:31:00 PM

record
save with a sole intention to grow your means..thats why i need the ways to save what is within my reach...

now its your turn...YES!

keep smiling
mukiha
#13 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:31:00 PM

@gkchege / mlefu

you mean you have just discovered that celtel is cheaper? This network has been cheaper and better since inception,but poor marketing did them in. Just like Sony's betmax versus Philip's VHS vedio recorders
Sigiriri
#14 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:35:00 PM

From what I have heard,at the parklands law school mess,2chapo,ndengu and cabbage costs kes32/- Xtina,what can you cook that would cost less than that? Of course siku hizi fuel means mafuta taa or stima in campo. Either way they r risky. Nyanya 3 ni 20bob,so stop cooking and go to the mess! Mess hazija-factor increase in food costs.

@Pondi,manze spend some time preparing the 'table' then you can 'enjoy the meal' whichever 'latexwear' you use!! Auuuuiiii! Ni mimi kweli??!!

Bidii yangu
Kioko_Nesa
#15 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:42:00 PM

Jamaas make sure you get an old rich lady and girls look for a guy who is rich and ugly.

That way you will save all your money

'He he he he he he Am Kidding'

Kioko
mlefu
#16 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:43:00 PM

mukiha..for the few who dont know..thanks

pondi..haki i wish never to meet you when with someone i love..am sure you would mention that you opened the book teneee and left your signature there..that wld kill me...

now its your turn...YES!

keep smiling
xtina
#17 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:55:00 PM

at sigiriri,i have experienced both sides,i.e. cooking and eating at mess i noted the big change in my budget.
considering breakfast,lunch and supper,most students spend kitu 90-130 per day.in a month that is 3000 plus.
if u cook in ur room,stima ni free.just buy cooking oil,salt,royco,rice,unga,sugar in bulk,trust me u will note the difference.
PONDI
#18 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:56:00 PM

mlefu,you should not feel bad even if we met and i had appended my signature and all that pertains...... the point is,the woman would be with you. not me. it simply means iko kitu she saw in you that she clearly did not see in me hence why she stuck with you. i may have enjoyed her for afew hours but you get to enjoy her everyday!!...... am also in marexx's psychology class hehehe.
marex
#19 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 1:59:00 PM

use the newspaper or 'njegeni leaves' instead of toilet paper.halafu uende ukisema umerogwa when ya miuf mief furas

young and noisy
The way I am
simonkabz
#20 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2008 2:08:00 PM

@ mutemilio,mkiha,pondi...et al

hehehehe.........Ngai mwathani......serious mental cases

How about using the old clothes as handkerchiefs,just tear a piece....... can also make classic ngothas n save a fortune. Kaziaring that kol of nature so that the body absorbs as much nutrients as possible,that way u eat one meal in three days,n sh** a few pellets,thereby saving on tissue........lol

The Way Of The Tiger
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!