wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
LAPSSET PROJECT
PKoli
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 10:39:45 PM

Not much has been heard of the LAPSSET project since the high fancied ground breaking ceremony. The people who are on the ground, what is going on?

Of the key activities i.e. port, railway, highway, oil pipeline, oil refinery, resort city, and airport, I thought the first to kick-off should be the port. Obviously, after Southern Sudan showed a lot of interest in the oil pipeline, it was rumored that this will be complete in 12 months!

How much finances have been secured for the above mentioned components?
gatoho
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:35:43 PM

PKoli wrote:
Not much has been heard of the LAPSSET project since the high fancied ground breaking ceremony. The people who are on the ground, what is going on?

Of the key activities i.e. port, railway, highway, oil pipeline, oil refinery, resort city, and airport, I thought the first to kick-off should be the port. Obviously, after Southern Sudan showed a lot of interest in the oil pipeline, it was rumored that this will be complete in 12 months!

How much finances have been secured for the above mentioned components?

Did the Sudanese war put a damper to things?
Foresight..
murchr
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:48:59 PM

Once the announcement of commercial deposits of oil is done the project will be pushed forward very fast
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Hunderwear
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:50:18 PM

maybe yes maybe not....but asof now nothing going on and still far from i coz there are compensations to be done before anything is done.So keep an eye on the compensation and once ts done the party can start in ernest
murchr
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:07:22 PM

This is the last thing that i saw on this project But remember the procurement dept of .ke is really slow
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
freiks
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:21:46 PM

i know of a consultant who is designing the railway and the road for lapsset and he is on time. Incidentally am happy he is kenyan so we didnt go for the foreigners. Am sure soon we will just hear it like syokimau
Life is an endless adventure
Hunderwear
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:57:49 PM

freiks wrote:
i know of a consultant who is designing the railway and the road for lapsset and he is on time. Incidentally am happy he is kenyan so we didnt go for the foreigners. Am sure soon we will just hear it like syokimau

meaning????
PKoli
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:13:06 PM

freiks wrote:

Is the consultant designing for the whole LAPSSET project (road and railway)?
murchr
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:07:50 PM

PKoli wrote:
freiks wrote:

Is the consultant designing for the whole LAPSSET project (road and railway)?

The whole project has already been designed, and subdivided into lots ...these days no contractor is given the whole project.

On syokimau....KR has been working of stations the Nairobi railway transit system might be done by Russians
Hunderwear
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:28:43 PM

@MURCHR I understand the locals are tto be compensated before kickoff any word on this?
PKoli
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:35:26 PM

@Murhcr,

Thanks for update. Just wish there was more info as to what is happening current and whether there are financiers who have committed some finances like what we have read about AfDB.
PKoli
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:37:58 PM

@Murhcr,

Thanks for update. Just wish there was more info as to what is happening current and whether there are financiers who have committed some finances like what we have read about AfDB.
murchr
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:02:34 AM

LATEST
PKoli
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:53:05 AM

murchr wrote:

Many thanks, looks this thing is taking shape. I here there will be investor conference in September. Any one with further info?
Chaka
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:50:43 PM

Which Co.is supplying the cement for the port construction?
FUNKY
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:52:16 PM

It should be EA Portland as it is government owned.
murchr
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:54:46 PM

Chaka wrote:
Which Co.is supplying the cement for the port construction?

It should be all of them.....am thinking Bamburi is supplying the bulk of it given that they have a plant in mombasa. I understand that the demand of cement is so high such that the companies haven't been able to satisfy the appetite.

From the Kenya Railways website, the construction of the railway will start once the first berth*(SP) is complete Source
freiks
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:40:24 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
freiks wrote:

meaning????

Meant that most of us heard syokimau RVR station starting then the next thing was to see them testing the railway line. The same thing with LAPSSET am sure we will not be seeing too much till when the most parts are complete. Am optimistic that the project goals are achievable
Life is an endless adventure
PKoli
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 01, 2012 2:02:59 PM

freiks wrote:
Hunderwear wrote:
freiks wrote:

meaning????

Meant that most of us heard syokimau RVR station starting then the next thing was to see them testing the railway line. The same thing with LAPSSET am sure we will not be seeing too much till when the most parts are complete. Am optimistic that the project goals are achievable

I am not sure we will have components like oil refinery and pipeline construction go unnoticed. It is possible most of the planning for these aspects will be largely unnoticed.
VituVingiSana
#20 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2012 2:37:38 AM

So Paunrana of ARM is very smart. He started (quietly) expanding the cement production in Kilifi District. ARM is now ready to supply locally a large part of the requirement.

The ARM factory in Tanga, Tanzania will do well since it can export to Kenya under EAC rules.

EAPCC will become irrelevant at this rate. Even the new players like National Cement & Mombasa Cement are expanding rapidly.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett