148 Pages«<134135136137138>»
Mumias Sugar huge demand
Ericsson
#2701 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:10:25 PM

Njunge wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Njunge wrote:
Under receivership effective today.

KCB bank places Mumias under receivership to protect its assets and to the best extent maintain its operations.

Mumias to be suspended from trading in the NSE.

I wondered long ago and NSE ought to have suspended this one eons ago. Kayhara and the likes would not be shitting bricks now. On another note, I think the move by KCB is dumb and ill informed. The receiver manager has zero capacity to resume operations and even if he had, he would still require capital in the region of Kshs 7b to start any meaningful operations. Dead move.

You saw what was done to ARM,same will be done to mumias
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
HaMaina
#2702 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:41:12 PM

I don't think this is wise, for sure their will be a lot of noise from politicians.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
kayhara
#2703 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:35:43 PM

Okay, I have 551k shares at about 150k bob, using ARM as a reference how screwed is I, seeing as GoK is a major share holder how will this go down, does Mumias have other debtors, if yes how will they react? If it continues trading tomorrow how low will it go, I have placed an off market sell order at 0.26/- damn Kenya.
To Each His Own
VituVingiSana
#2704 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:12:13 PM

HaMaina wrote:
I don't think this is wise, for sure their will be a lot of noise from politicians.
Kelele ya chura.
Why should KCB and Taxpayers fund Mumias?
Same applies to KQ, EAPCC, etc.

Let those who want to revive Mumias buy it at auction as KCB will probably do. Or KCB may have played this card as a strategy to force GoK (politics) to pay off Mumias' loans.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#2705 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:17:37 PM

kayhara wrote:
Okay, I have 551k shares at about 150k bob, using ARM as a reference how screwed is I, seeing as GoK is a major share holder how will this go down, does Mumias have other debtors, if yes how will they react? If it continues trading tomorrow how low will it go, I have placed an off market sell order at 0.26/- damn Kenya.

Sell it off-market? How? I have some ARM I will happily offload at 1/- Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
kayhara
#2706 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:25:12 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Sell it off-market? How? I have some ARM I will happily offload at 1/- Laughing out loudly

Cheka tu tuki chooni twalia, off-market is I placed a sell order if by chance a bugger also placed a buy order and the thing is not suspended by 9am then that trade is done first.
To Each His Own
Spikes
#2707 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:42:38 PM

kayhara wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Cheka tu tuki chooni twalia, off-market is I placed a sell order if by chance a bugger also placed a buy order and the thing is not suspended by 9am then that trade is done first.

There will be no buyers tomorrow as information is spreading like wild fire...Accept and move on. @vvs admitted ARM suspension, provided for it fully...Utazoea usijali...
Money is made and money is lost in both capital & money markets.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are done with this one bado KQ and those who are hiding inside.Very soon there will be a big ambush.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
lochaz-index
#2708 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:10:33 AM

Way overdue. How many banks are stuck in this one, how much did they lend and what do they stand to salvage?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#2709 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:21:26 AM

kayhara wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Pre-market.
When you said off-market, I thought you were talking the trade being outside the NSE system. There may be a way to transfer "suspended" shares outside the NSE similar to Matiba's sale of Carbacid to Centum.

Good luck!
VituVingiSana
#2710 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:23:57 AM

lochaz-index wrote:
Way overdue. How many banks are stuck in this one, how much did they lend and what do they stand to salvage?
This might be like KQ. I had no idea that I&M had lent money to KQ.

I wish there was a legal way to know all of a bank's borrowers who have borrowed 1% or more of the loan book!

Let's wait and see which banks also stake their claim.
VituVingiSana
#2711 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:25:35 AM

Spikes wrote:
kayhara wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
kayhara wrote:

There will be no buyers tomorrow as information is spreading like wild fire...Accept and move on. @vvs admitted ARM suspension, provided for it fully...Utazoea usijali...
Money is made and money is lost in both capital & money markets.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
We are done with this one bado KQ and those who are hiding inside.Very soon there will be a big ambush.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Why are you speaking in code?

KPLC disconnects power to Mumias sugar mill over sh 1.2bn unpaid bill
https://ntv.nation.co.ke...04466-yedtu7/index.html KPLC would have cut me off for 1,200/- na hapo they were owed 1.2bn! Nkt!
HaMaina
#2712 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 9:43:36 AM

Sad Sad Sad Sad Mumias not in trading allowed status. Things are thick.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
kayhara
#2713 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:15:39 AM

Na kwa hayo machache mabibi na mabwana, I am screwed, NSE nimetoka for now, my Safcom dividend will cover the loss na ni baki na about 2k.
To Each His Own
cyruskulei
#2714 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:22:23 AM

kayhara wrote:
Na kwa hayo machache mabibi na mabwana, I am screwed, NSE nimetoka for now, my Safcom dividend will cover the loss na ni baki na about 2k.

Ndugu, relax. Go for a walk or a drink.

Then reflect on the great things you have done and succeeded. Then let your heart rejoice for the new day and the gift of life.

Tomorrow is another.

Biashara ni lazima. Whether in NSE, avocados or @MM Dc. We must do.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

VituVingiSana
#2715 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:52:57 AM

kayhara wrote:

If your Saf dividend will over your loss in Mumias then you are doing just fine! Applause
Chalk it up to experience and enjoy your Saf.
Ebenyo
#2716 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:16:35 PM

kayhara wrote:

Never give up.There are no masters in investment.We learn through mistakes.You will grow stronger after this.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mlennyma
#2717 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:56:09 PM

HaMaina wrote:
Sad Sad Sad Sad Mumias not in trading allowed status. Things are thick.

Kay shee bee takes over,i better lose my small stake and Kcb recovers their billions
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
obiero
#2718 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:15:05 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Never give up.There are no masters in investment.We learn through mistakes.You will grow stronger after this.

This was never an investment.. Pole sana kwa wahasiriwa

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#2719 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:22:12 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Is KQ an investment?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ebenyo
#2720 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:56:30 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Is KQ an investment?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Towards the goal of financial freedom