Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

148 Pages«<130131132133134>»
Mumias Sugar huge demand
limanika
#2621 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 2:38:44 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
If government was able to revive rivatex i fail to understand what is stopping them to revive mumias sugar factory!

No will to revive.
Its profitable for the well connected individuals in government to import sugar than mill locally

That’s why it failed in the first place

Tragedy of our times. Everyone takes sugar with tea / coffee daily so there's ready market to support local production but due to greed of a few people we have to import and create jobs elsewhere
sparkly
#2622 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 7:28:17 PM

FUNKY wrote:
If government was able to revive rivatex i fail to understand what is stopping them to revive mumias sugar factory!

Because Goldman Weta and the shortest serving VP have refused to shake hands with son of Jomo.
Life is short. Live passionately.
BKB
#2623 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:24:10 PM

https://www.standardmedi...ed-under-administration

Mumias Sugar Company National Shareholders Forum chairman Muthuri Nyamu urged the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to stop interfering with the Oparanya’s administration plans to help revamp the sugar firm.
FUNKY
#2624 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:51:21 PM

BKB wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001331638/shareholders-want-mumias-placed-under-administration

Mumias Sugar Company National Shareholders Forum chairman Muthuri Nyamu urged the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) to stop interfering with the Oparanya’s administration plans to help revamp the sugar firm.

It will be the best decision ever
HaMaina
#2625 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:23:53 PM

FUNKY wrote:
BKB wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001331638/shareholders-want-mumias-placed-under-administration

Oparanya is a politician, besides maybe his need to help his people again maybe, helping the common mwanainchi is never that important.There is also a greater need to remain relevant politically. That's why this last minute administration nonsense decision should not be taken seriously. If anything the parallel shareholder group that was collecting views alongside Oparanya and Kimunya seems more sincere.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Njunge
#2626 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:38:43 PM

HaMaina wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
BKB wrote:

Oparanya is a politician, besides maybe his need to help his people again maybe, helping the common mwanainchi is never that important.There is also a greater need to remain relevant politically. That's why this last minute administration nonsense decision should not be taken seriously. If anything the parallel shareholder group that was collecting views alongside Oparanya and Kimunya seems more sincere.

6 months elapsed son.
HaMaina
#2627 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:40:59 PM

Njunge wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
BKB wrote:

6 months elapsed son.

Pints are on me, when we meet. I'm still on this one.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
sparkly
#2628 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:41:53 AM

BKB wrote:

Quack stakeholders' chairman.

1.Doesn't he know shareholders act through the agm;
2. Why does he support interference by strangers in the company affairs?
HaMaina
#2629 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:18:07 PM

Monday a new year begins, I still have alot of hope on this one.Pray Pray Pray
sparkly
#2630 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:31:46 PM

HaMaina wrote:

Run away
Njunge
#2631 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 11:13:45 PM

HaMaina wrote:

One of their key steam plant units which was limping when they stopped would require serious repairs even if they got raw material tomorrow. How long would it take? I think the original manufacter was Actom John Thompson or Five Cails. Either boiler maker do not have off shelf spares for such units and they would require a lead time of not less than 6 months to have the parts on site. A further 4 months would be required to refurbish and commission. If that process started tomorrow, then the earliest MSc can resume crushing would be May 2020. I think it won't happen since there are no concrete revival plans available so far. There is a 99‰ chance MSc will produce less than 1 kg of sugar, less than 1 litre of ethanol and less than 1 watt of electricity in 2020.
Kusadikika
#2632 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 3:17:02 PM

Njunge wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

One of their key steam plant units which was limping when they stopped would require serious repairs even if they got raw material tomorrow. How long would it take? I think the original manufacter was Actom John Thompson or Five Cails. Either boiler maker do not have off shelf spares for such units and they would require a lead time of not less than 6 months to have the parts on site. A further 4 months would be required to refurbish and commission. If that process started tomorrow, then the earliest MSc can resume crushing would be May 2020. I think it won't happen since there are no concrete revival plans available so far. There is a 99‰ chance MSc will produce less than 1 kg of sugar, less than 1 litre of ethanol and less than 1 watt of electricity in 2020.

How much is the plant worth as scrap metal?
Njunge
#2633 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 8:30:14 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Njunge wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

Laughing out loudly No idea but apart from that unit and the process house which also requires some fixing, the plant is a good going concern. Challenge is who is ready to spend on it, what to do with it after fixing it in the absence of raw material. Of course good engineers, technicians and plant operators, most of whom were trained by Booker Tate, took off. Getting personnel to run and maintain the plant would also be a serious challenge.
FUNKY
#2634 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 8:53:10 PM

Njunge wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Njunge wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

Laughing out loudly No idea but apart from that unit and the process house which also requires some fixing, the plant is a good going concern. Challenge is who is ready to spend on it, what to do with it after fixing it in the absence of raw material. Of course good engineers, technicians and plant operators, most of whom were trained by Booker Tate, took off. Getting personnel to run and maintain the plant would also be a serious challenge.

If it is a good going concern then wonder why rai is not putting a takeover bid!
HaMaina
#2635 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 10:47:37 AM

Workers in state-owned sugar mills want Sh1.2bn salary arrears cleared before privatization
VituVingiSana
#2636 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 11:32:54 AM

Like KQ, let Mumias die and let the taxpayer move on.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Failed Businessman
#2637 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 10:14:11 PM

Did their ethanol project ever get any momentum? I remember in 2013 they approached my office when I worked for a paints factory. They tried to convince my boss to substitute methanol for their ethanol. They did not get an order but I really wanted them succeed.
Unfortunately I can't change my username SMH!
VituVingiSana
#2638 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 11:24:02 PM

Failed Businessman wrote:
Did their ethanol project ever get any momentum? I remember in 2013 they approached my office when I worked for a paints factory. They tried to convince my boss to substitute methanol for their ethanol. They did not get an order but I really wanted them succeed.

Are methanol and ethanol pure substitutes?

I think Mumias problem isn't the market for their ethanol but the lack of raw material to produce ethanol.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Failed Businessman
#2639 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 11:38:04 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

I think Mumias problem isn't the market for their ethanol but the lack of raw material to produce ethanol.

The mumias guys believed the ethanol was a good substitute but did not present their case well. They used a lot of chemistry lingo. I remember them trying to explain to my boss how there is just one extra carbon per molecule and my boss giving them a blank stare. Interestingly, the company had tried ethanol some few years back. One of the challenges that I remember my boss highlighting was the ethanol smell. I cant remember the other challenges but tomorrow I can ring my boss up just to confirm.
Unfortunately I can't change my username SMH!
obiero
#2640 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:51:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

The mumias guys believed the ethanol was a good substitute but did not present their case well. They used a lot of chemistry lingo. I remember them trying to explain to my boss how there is just one extra carbon per molecule and my boss giving them a blank stare. Interestingly, the company had tried ethanol some few years back. One of the challenges that I remember my boss highlighting was the ethanol smell. I cant remember the other challenges but tomorrow I can ring my boss up just to confirm.

Uko na username mbaya sana

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45