wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

148 Pages«<117118119120121>»
Mumias Sugar huge demand
VituVingiSana
#2361 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 2:14:53 PM

Mumias should be euthanized. It's too deep in the muck. A waste of Taxpayer funds.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Njunge
#2362 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 2:49:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Mumias should be euthanized. It's too deep in the muck. A waste of Taxpayer funds.

No need of pumping tax payers money. what the co. needs, which i have held for sometimes now, is a strategic investor who will inject kindu 20B majorly for sugarplant overhaul and cane development. It's still a very viable and profitable entity if handled well.
Ericsson
#2363 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 3:23:53 PM

Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

No need of pumping tax payers money. what the co. needs, which i have held for sometimes now, is a strategic investor who will inject kindu 20B majorly for sugarplant overhaul and cane development. It's still a very viable and profitable entity if handled well.

Strategic investor with strategic brains
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#2364 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2018 4:10:30 PM

Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

As long as the taxpayer is off the hook. It's a pity that decisive action that is beneficial to the farmers and the country isn't being taken on account of petty politics. Same with Uchumi and NBK.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Spikes
#2365 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 8:39:07 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Strategic investor with strategic brains

This company needs 'army of experts from London 'Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ericsson
#2366 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:21:28 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

As long as the taxpayer is off the hook. It's a pity that decisive action that is beneficial to the farmers and the country isn't being taken on account of petty politics. Same with Uchumi and NBK.

But KQ is trying to be rescued using all corners.
Look at the CS heading the ministry the parastatal falls and their political alignment.
Njunge
#2367 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:22:37 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=VituVingiSana It's a pity that decisive action that is beneficial to the farmers and the country isn't being taken on account of petty politics. Same with Uchumi and NBK.

I totally concur. Once the state, vide Ruto, Washiali and Achesa were left to determine who runs that company, no good was going to come of it....and yet, serious investors such as OmniCane of Mauritius and the former managing agents, Booker Tate and Lyle were more than willing to come in....Siasa mbaya maisha mbaya....
mawinder
#2368 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:38:27 AM

Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Njunge][quote=VituVingiSana It's a pity that decisive action that is beneficial to the farmers and the country isn't being taken on account of petty politics. Same with Uchumi and NBK.

I totally concur. Once the state, vide Ruto, Washiali and Achesa were left to determine who runs that company, no good was going to come of it....and yet, serious investors such as OmniCane of Mauritius and the former managing agents, Booker Tate and Lyle were more than willing to come in....Siasa mbaya maisha mbaya....

Washwash fellow
mawinder
#2369 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2018 9:39:57 AM

DELETED
mozenrat
#2370 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 9:52:08 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Look at the CS heading the ministry the parastatal falls and their political alignment.

surely you cannot compare KQ to Mumias.. This is the first time KQ is being rescued.. How many billions in TaxPayer Cash have been poured into Mumias to rescue it?
VituVingiSana
#2371 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 1:39:13 PM

mozenrat wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

surely you cannot compare KQ to Mumias.. This is the first time KQ is being rescued.. How many billions in TaxPayer Cash have been poured into Mumias to rescue it?
KQ was rescued by Brian Presbury in the 90s(?) after KLM stepped in with money and technical resources. Then came Naikuni and friends.
I believe KQ has received more bailout funds than Mumias. Cheap GoK loans, forcing banks to accept a Debt Conversion, etc.

Uchumi was turned around by Suresh Shah in the 80s/90s(?). Then came Kirubi's people.

That said, both Mumias and KQ are leeches latched on to the taxpayer.

KQ is important for Kenya but then exempt it (& extend it to other local airlines too) from certain taxes eg no VAT/levies/taxes on airplanes esp those used for foreign travel/flights, no taxes on fuel esp for foreign flights, etc ... Make it competitive vs ME carriers by offering tax breaks but NOT subsidies.

Mumias is a tough one. It needs to be put into bankruptcy. And then a "New Mumias" formed that takes over the good assets without the liabilities. Find a strategic partner eg Omnicane to develop a business plan and pump in new cash. The current shareholders would be wiped out and the creditors would own "New Mumias" but the taxpayer should be off the hook.
Metch
#2372 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 2:55:05 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KQ was rescued by Brian Presbury in the 90s(?) after KLM stepped in with money and technical resources. Then came Naikuni and friends.
I believe KQ has received more bailout funds than Mumias. Cheap GoK loans, forcing banks to accept a Debt Conversion, etc.

Uchumi was turned around by Suresh Shah in the 80s/90s(?). Then came Kirubi's people.

KQ is important for Kenya but then exempt it (& extend it to other local airlines too) from certain taxes eg no VAT/levies/taxes on airplanes esp those used for foreign travel/flights, no taxes on fuel esp for foreign flights, etc ... Make it competitive vs ME carriers by offering tax breaks but NOT subsidies.

Mumias is a tough one. It needs to be put into bankruptcy. And then a "New Mumias" formed that takes over the good assets without the liabilities. Find a strategic partner eg Omnicane to develop a business plan and pump in new cash. The current shareholders would be wiped out and the creditors would own "New Mumias" but the taxpayer should be off the hook.

Mumias needs a new purpose to exist. Perhaps another crop. I don't see the future in sugar milling
Start!
Ericsson
#2373 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 3:33:16 PM

Metch wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Mumias needs a new purpose to exist. Perhaps another crop. I don't see the future in sugar milling

Utapigwa na thermos ya chai
Angelica _ann
#2374 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 3:38:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Metch wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
HaMaina
#2375 Posted : Saturday, June 09, 2018 9:41:14 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Metch wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Nice One todayApplause Applause
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
sparkly
#2376 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2018 6:23:36 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Metch wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Njunge wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
littledove
#2377 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:52:48 AM

war on sugar catels intensifies
matiangi is doing a good job

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001284008/matiangi-seized-contraband-sugar-contain-mercury-copper
A special multi agency team has been set up to specifically deal with the menace after it emerged the counterfeit goods were robbing Kenyans of millions of shillings and jobs.

There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#2378 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:49:08 AM

littledove wrote:

war on sugar catels intensifies
matiangi is doing a good job

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001284008/matiangi-seized-contraband-sugar-contain-mercury-copper
A special multi agency team has been set up to specifically deal with the menace after it emerged the counterfeit goods were robbing Kenyans of millions of shillings and jobs.

Mumias is in ICU. Kenya (Taxpayer) is better off letting it die so there's a rebirth as a private entity based on commercial reasons for survival.
Realtreaty
#2379 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:05:38 PM

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Can Mumias improve if its competitors are found trading on Contraband sugar?

It seems West Kenya/ Butali Wahindi were trading on illicit sugar and must be heavily penalized with even closure.

I never TRUST Indian business people
As Ngilu said "Behind every Singh is another Singh"

They (Indians) have even introduced Bed space in Kenya as they did in UAE
Those Indians living in Parklands are actually crowded in bed spaces.
Someone said the bed bug menace was as a result of Indians giving their workers used bedding after being infested with Bedbugs.
jgithige
#2380 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 2:16:37 PM

I have been buying sugar from our supermarkets giving priority to kenyan branded sugar thinking am promoting local millers and farmers . Kumbe i have been promoting tenderprenuers, barons and Brazilian farmers. Indeed truly we are a bandit economy.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous