wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Your Personal Finance Software
eco
#1 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 1:10:30 PM

I find the use of information technology in my personal financial management very helpful and interesting. I use for example Budgetpulse to organise my cash flow, expenses and bank accounts in one place. It makes it easier to track my expenses, progress (networth), and to discover where I can make savings and improve how I manage my money. It is user-friendly and free.
May I ask, which software are you using? What about an investment software especially for stocks? Please share and elimisha others. Thanks
pariah
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:46:16 AM

thank you, budget pulse seems wonderful, i wish they had kenya in mind
XSK
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:32:29 AM

pariah wrote:
thank you, budget pulse seems wonderful, i wish they had kenya in mind

Yeah I also noticed there's no KES
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Mariacha
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:51:04 AM

I use Money Manager EX, and it you can edit it to the currency you like. check out the screenshots here. plus its free.
http://www.codelathe.com/mmex/mmex_screenshots.php
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
pariah
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 5:48:21 PM

[quote=Mariacha]I use Money Manager EX, and it you can edit it to the currency you like. check out the screenshots here. plus its free.
http://www.codelathe.com...ex/mmex_screenshots.php[/quote]

thank you, it looks great
eco
#6 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 4:05:18 PM

[quote=Mariacha]I use Money Manager EX, and it you can edit it to the currency you like. check out the screenshots here. plus its free.
http://www.codelathe.com...ex/mmex_screenshots.php[/quote]

thank you @Mariacha, looks great too. I will study it.
Budgetpulse has no KES. I suggested it to the developers but have not checked if they included it yet. Meanwhile, I use the euro sign for the KES.
mzeemuoho
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:51:21 PM

I use Mint. its okay but the reminders are not the best.
ChessMaster
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:15:48 PM

eco wrote:

May I ask, which software are you using? What about an investment software especially for stocks? Please share and elimisha others. Thanks

Give us an example.What do you mean?
Uncertainty is certain.Let go
ChessMaster
#9 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 12:40:54 PM

What features would you want in one?
seppuku
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:27:50 PM

GNUCash. Free and fully GAAP compliant. Been using it for a year and a half now and would highly recommend it. Fully customizable in terms of currency, date formats, reports e.t.c. It's supposed to support online banking too but I've never used that feature myself. Great for SME accounting too. Oh, and it supports scheduled transactions as well so you can configure recurrent transactions like receiving your salary and paying rent to enter themselves. Excuse the "midro crass" examples. smile
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
ChessMaster
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:47:42 PM

seppuku wrote:
GNUCash. Free and fully GAAP compliant. Been using it for a year and a half now and would highly recommend it. Fully customizable in terms of currency, date formats, reports e.t.c. It's supposed to support online banking too but I've never used that feature myself. Great for SME accounting too. Oh, and it supports scheduled transactions as well so you can configure recurrent transactions like receiving your salary and paying rent to enter themselves. Excuse the "midro crass" examples. smile

Looks great so far.