wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Outering Road
innovator
#61 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 4:07:53 PM

Fyatu wrote:
The section from mtindwa to Donholm is 2 lane..sad

Bottle neck pap. Then start crying what for a solution.
MaichBlack
#62 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 4:40:52 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Quote:
Several symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome have been identified in the following: positive feelings toward the controller, negative feelings toward the rescuers, supportive behavior by the victim helping the abuser, and lack of desire by the victim to be rescued by Baba .

smile smile smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#63 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 5:22:44 PM

innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

I am not saying @Fyatu is wrong because I haven't used the Mutindwa - Donholm section but you guys need to confirm your facts before posting them.

I used the Donholm pipeline section two weeks ago and realised that even though there are two usable lanes, those lanes are definitely what is going to be the service lanes and in some sections the service lanes have been done on both sides and the space left in between and which is being excavated is enough to do 3 + 3 lanes or 4 + 4 lanes. The same is the case from Allsops where they have done service lanes and are now working on the "highway" part.

That is how you do roads for those not on the know. You do some bits first (E.g. service lanes or vice versa) to ease traffic flow the work on the rest. If you did the 10 or so lanes at the same section concurrently, traffic would be a nightmare.

So while not discounting What @Fyatu is saying, I recommend people get facts because I have realized there are more rumours than facts in this road.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#64 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 5:33:17 PM

mkeiy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guard wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
All the gains mad during grand coalition and narc reign being wiped out as we see.
Uhuru is returning kenya to KANU and Nyayo days

my friend prepare for another 5yrs of destruction money is king in Africa and the next on top is worse if you thought you have seen the worst

The one behind smile smile smile

The one on the seat, the one behind him, the fellow on the other side waiting for the seat, the two fellows behind him or beside him, WOTE hakuna mtu anaweza Saidia Kenya. None of them can deal with corruption once and for all and/or bring the level of development Kenya is capable of. We need someone outside of the five and definitely outside of the hundreds calling themselves MPs, Governors, Women Reps, Senators, Glorified kajoras etc. But that will not happen. Not in this Kenya! We already know that one of two people will be our President after the next election.

My top 3 candidates for the Presidency are currently NOT holding any elective political post. Habari ndiyo hiyo.

in short we are ready to shoot ourselves but all is not lost Americans waited for more than 100yrs,in our generation tribalism will be the common denominator

@Bro mlennyma, we don't have 100 years. I want to see change, respect of the rule of law, development, zero corruption, politics devoid of tribalism and regionalism etc. in MY lifetime. Call me a dreamer.

In Kenya, we are not even making so called baby steps. Things are getting worse. Tribalism is worse - institutionalized. Corruption is worse. Industries are closing shop etc.

In the 60s we were ahead of the Asian tigers!!!

No use of Whining,we are not doing that bad after all..
Kenya wont need our aid in four years

@Maich's idealism borders on naivety. Wachana na yeye.

We need a lot of that in this country.

When majority start getting the feeling our country is heading back to Moism and the lost decades,then you know it,s time to open your eyes.

First world became first world coz of ideals.

Not through mediocre/casual approach to all and sundry.

But on Outering road, it's coming up well,not the single lane reported.

You totally get @mkeiy!!!

The country is where it is because Kenyans have accepted bullshit from the politicians and government employees to an extent they are only suprised when a politician or government agent does the right thing and even wonder what the catch is.

When a politician buys wheelbarrows at 100k, build toilets at 1,000,000 per single toilet, pay someone 2,000,000 to open a Facebook page, employ their relatives and village mates, build roads that get potholes before they are finished and non existent classes and wards, they "accept and move on". That apathy is one of the biggest problem we have!!!

Compare that to the unarmed Turkish citizens who confronted heavily armed coup plotters and stopped the coup in its tracks!!!

Click here @Sparkly so that you can stop embracing mediocrity and apathy!!
MaichBlack
#65 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 7:29:34 PM

sparkly wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guard wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
All the gains mad during grand coalition and narc reign being wiped out as we see.

my friend prepare for another 5yrs of destruction money is king in Africa and the next on top is worse if you thought you have seen the worst

The one on the seat, the one behind him, the fellow on the other side waiting for the seat, the two fellows behind him or beside him, WOTE hakuna mtu anaweza Saidia Kenya. None of them can deal with corruption once and for all and/or bring the level of development Kenya is capable of. We need someone outside of the five and definitely outside of the hundreds calling themselves MPs, Governors, Women Reps, Senators, Glorified kajoras etc. But that will not happen. Not in this Kenya! We already know that one of two people will be our President after the next election.

My top 3 candidates for the Presidency are currently NOT holding any elective political post. Habari ndiyo hiyo.

in short we are ready to shoot ourselves but all is not lost Americans waited for more than 100yrs,in our generation tribalism will be the common denominator

@Bro mlennyma, we don't have 100 years. I want to see change, respect of the rule of law, development, zero corruption, politics devoid of tribalism and regionalism etc. in MY lifetime. Call me a dreamer.

In Kenya, we are not even making so called baby steps. Things are getting worse. Tribalism is worse - institutionalized. Corruption is worse. Industries are closing shop etc.

When majority start getting the feeling our country is heading back to Moism and the lost decades,then you know it,s time to open your eyes.

Maybe you haven't seen his posts on the interest rate capping. This is a guy has a problem with everything and anything that is being done in this country. His beef being that it's not being done his way.

I have severally challenged him to start his think tank on public accountability or at least use the available mechanism under the PFM Act to voice his ideals.

He prefers to remain a keyboard whinner

I am just seeing all these nonsense you have been posting @Sparkly.

What is the everything I have a problem with?? Take this thread for example, I am one of the people insisting I believe the road is being done to specifications as other insist the lanes have been reduced. I deal with facts my friend!!!

And I am not a keyboard whinner. I am making money even from the interest rate caps I had (and still have) problems with.

I don't condone corruption, mediocrity etc. not matter who the perpetrator is. But the problem is that most people (are you one of them???) have their judgement compromised by "our man" syndrome and tonne loads of tribalism. When it comes to "their man/woman" (who they probably have never even met!) they hear no evil, see no evil!
sparkly
#66 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 8:18:58 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
sparkly wrote:
guard wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Maybe you haven't seen his posts on the interest rate capping. This is a guy has a problem with everything and anything that is being done in this country. His beef being that it's not being done his way.

I have severally challenged him to start his think tank on public accountability or at least use the available mechanism under the PFM Act to voice his ideals.

He prefers to remain a keyboard whinner

I am just seeing all these nonsense you have been posting @Sparkly.

What is the everything I have a problem with?? Take this thread for example, I am one of the people insisting I believe the road is being done to specifications as other insist the lanes have been reduced. I deal with facts my friend!!!

And I am not a keyboard whinner. I am making money even from the interest rate caps I had (and still have) problems with.

I don't condone corruption, mediocrity etc. not matter who the perpetrator is. But the problem is that most people (are you one of them???) have their judgement compromised by "our man" syndrome and tonne loads of tribalism. When it comes to "their man/woman" (who they probably have never even met!) they hear no evil, see no evil!

Wacha kuniharibia furahiday pris.

Let me take care of important matters first, I will deal with you later
Life is short. Live passionately.
quadc
#67 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 10:34:33 PM

innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

As per the ongoing construction the section somewhere after Manyaja Rd junction and Mtindwa area will not likely have a total of 8 lanes compared to other sections, the available space seems to be limited not unless they do it like the university way style or they decide to construct a service lane between the railway line and buruburu estate. I do hope they will do a pedestrian bridge near mtindwa area due to its high pedestrian traffic..
MaichBlack
#68 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:08:00 PM

quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

As per the ongoing construction the section somewhere after Manyaja Rd junction and Mtindwa area will not likely have a total of 8 lanes compared to other sections, the available space seems to be limited not unless they do it like the university way style or they decide to construct a service lane between the railway line and buruburu estate. I do hope they will do a pedestrian bridge near mtindwa area due to its high pedestrian traffic..

That is exactly what they have done those sides of pipeline. The service lane is between the railway line and the Estates.
hardwood
#69 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 10:03:32 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

That is exactly what they have done those sides of pipeline. The service lane is between the railway line and the Estates.

Today afternoon took family to Garden City and then decided to explore this Outer Ring rd. Nice work from Thika rd and it seemed to be 8 lanes up to kangundo rd junction., hapo kwa Total petrol station. I sensed it had narrowed between Kangundo rd junction and Jogoo rd. Couldnt go beyong Jogoo rd junction due to terrible jam and had to do a U turn back to Thika rd. Seems to be a nice road that has transformed Kariobangi North and South, huruma., Pioneer, bury etc.
hardwood
#70 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2016 10:05:06 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Today afternoon took family to Garden City and then decided to explore this Outer Ring rd. Nice work from Thika rd and it seemed to be 8 lanes up to kangundo rd junction., hapo kwa Total petrol station. I sensed it had narrowed between Kangundo rd junction and Jogoo rd. Couldnt go beyong Jogoo rd junction due to terrible jam and had to do a U turn back to Thika rd. Seems to be a nice road that has transformed Kariobangi North and South, huruma., Pioneer, buru, umoo etc.
Impunity
#71 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 9:59:03 AM

hardwood wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Today afternoon took family to Garden City and then decided to explore this Outer Ring rd. Nice work from Thika rd and it seemed to be 8 lanes up to kangundo rd junction., hapo kwa Total petrol station. I sensed it had narrowed between Kangundo rd junction and Jogoo rd. Couldnt go beyong Jogoo rd junction due to terrible jam and had to do a U turn back to Thika rd. Seems to be a nice road that has transformed Kariobangi North and South, huruma., Pioneer, buru, umoo etc.

You mena the road is open and running between Thika Road and Total Kangundo road?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#72 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 10:35:00 AM

Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

You mena the road is open and running between Thika Road and Total Kangundo road?

Nope just service lanes and diversions ...... dont even think it has passed the 50% mark in any of the sections, though coming out great smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Impunity
#73 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 11:28:50 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Nope just service lanes and diversions ...... dont even think it has passed the 50% mark in any of the sections, though coming out great smile

Naskia hapo Railway overpass hapo btn Buru and Pioneer magari already zinatumia overpass mpya tiyari?
Confermasio please!
d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Lolest!
#74 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 1:47:03 PM

Fyatu
#75 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 2:15:02 PM

Lolest! wrote:
http://www.nation.co.ke/news/expansion-outer-ring-road-nairobi-proving-to-be-big-challenge/1056-3418190-12wnt7oz/index.html

The question begs....why is the government being taken hostage by land grabbers of road reserves?I had pointed out here on wazua about the risk posed to the residents of pipeline and the obvious fact that those ugly flats are built on the road reserve.Another question is what are those sand lorries doing on the road? Where is serikali? Is this sabotage?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Pesa Nane
#76 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 6:45:56 PM

Impunity wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Impunity wrote:
hardwood wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
quadc wrote:
innovator wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Naskia hapo Railway overpass hapo btn Buru and Pioneer magari already zinatumia overpass mpya tiyari?
Confermasio please!
d'oh!

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Realtreaty
#77 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:25:39 AM

Kenyans should not worry, the best design already done. What we want is proper drainage for the roads, proper location of stages that do not hinder other motorists.
We need as well to remove Fuel stations near round abouts and stages.
obiero
#78 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2017 6:20:17 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Kenyans should not worry, the best design already done. What we want is proper drainage for the roads, proper location of stages that do not hinder other motorists.
We need as well to remove Fuel stations near round abouts and stages.

Agreed.. Some fuel station location are dodgy.. Meanwhile, Outer Ring work progressing well. Property prices in Tassia, Avenue, Pipeline, Nyayo Estate expected to rise

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45