Pirate
#302 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 3:51:32 PM

enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%

25%

Any reason for the drop

On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
enyands
#303 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 5:22:57 PM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

On the contrary , Year 2014 they made 27% out of which 25% was rebates . Year 2015 they have made 29 % of which rebates are proposed to be 25% .

Share capital increased from about 0.8B to 1.3B during the same period hence profit dilution. If share capital remained constant ,they would have made 47% returns

Thanks. Makes lot of sense. So share capital ikiendelea kuongezeka at that rate we should expect more dilution of profit next year?
murchr
#304 Posted : Monday, February 01, 2016 5:32:24 PM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Pirate
#305 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:29:20 AM

murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.
murchr
#306 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 6:10:18 PM

Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

Yes. 1.5B and lock the shares. However I have a feeling they may revise this during the AGM.

Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#307 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2016 7:24:07 PM

murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

Thanks a bunch....I have seen they have launched the online trading platform EXCELLENT not logged in yet but this is a good move Applause Applause

I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .
Pirate
#308 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 9:40:24 AM

enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

I think there is a someone there who has the balls to think outside the box.these are the think tanks that most companies need . Kudos to him. Just checked the online platform and I'm impressed .

I would like to indulge your thoughts on the following analysis:
Current Share Capital : 1.28B
Proposed Rebates : 322Mil
Split btw Cash/Ploughback div - 30/70 ( Assumption)
Ploughed back div : 225Mil (converted into shares)
New share capital post AGM 1.28+0.22= 1.5B !

So my questions are:
1. Whats the likely scenario if they shares are locked
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?

enyands
#309 Posted : Wednesday, February 03, 2016 10:54:31 AM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

So my questions are:
2. Share price post AGM will be 420 ( 25% revision upwards as per last AGM resolution). Is it preferable to let demand and supply regulate the price or should it remain fixed ?

@murchr I find these questions technical. What do you feel about them?For me I'll prefer a locked price but there should be a limit coz if they don't it will be a free fall
murchr
#310 Posted : Tuesday, February 09, 2016 8:32:39 PM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

So my questions are:

My thoughts

1. They will increase the share capital to 2B

2. They will keep as is. No stakeholder will want their wealth eroded. But it would have been interesting if the price was regulated by supply and demand esp now that you say longevity matters on the secondary market.

ION AGM this Sat, who is going?
Pirate
#311 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:00:32 AM

murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

So my questions are:

My thoughts

2. They will keep as is. No stakeholder will want their wealth eroded. But it would have been interesting if the price was regulated by supply and demand esp now that you say longevity matters on the secondary market.

I will be present. I have a few queries for them on the items below
1. Agribusiness - 188 mil invested. No details on it
2. Trade Payables- Project creditors cost increased to 442mil. More info required.
enyands
#312 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:13:13 AM

Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

So my questions are:

My thoughts

2. Trade Payables- Project creditors cost increased to 442mil. More info required.

Please if you can please share with us what will be passed or discussed that you find to be core .
murchr
#313 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:57:55 PM

Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
BGL wrote:
Pirate wrote:

25%

Any reason for the drop

Do they have a target?

So my questions are:

My thoughts

Would also like to know more about what they are growing and who they are selling to. I see a big chuck for agri land is for resale (131 mil) And how else they plan to grow income this year.
yosie14
#314 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 10:00:51 PM

The AGM was meant to be today,who attended?What was discussed?
KCB,NMG,PAFR
jerry
#315 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:07:40 PM

yosie14 wrote:

@pirate
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
enyands
#316 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 11:42:28 PM

jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:

@pirate

@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia
Stract_Consulting
#317 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:34:39 AM

enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:

@pirate

@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia

Key outcomes from the AGM are:

1. Share price moved up by 25% from Kshs 350 to 435
2. Returns/Rebates at 25% of which 65% will be capitalized while 35% will be paid out
3.One Non-Safaricom employee was elected to the Board by the name of Marete
4.Monthly contribution will continue until the Investment will be in a position to achieve healthy cashflows that will supplement the monthly contributions

Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
enyands
#318 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:42:17 AM

Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:

@pirate

@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia

2. Returns/Rebates at 25% of which 65% will be capitalized while 35% will be paid out
4.Monthly contribution will continue until the Investment will be in a position to achieve healthy cashflows that will supplement the monthly contributions

@stract_consulting thanks for the time and detail. Swali moja ,when did the books close?
Stract_Consulting
#319 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:53:59 AM

enyands wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:

@pirate

@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia

@stract_consulting thanks for the time and detail. Swali moja ,when did the books close?

Books closed on 31st Dec for dividends payment. As for the share price the increment takes place from today.
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
enyands
#320 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2016 8:55:15 AM

Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
enyands wrote:
jerry wrote:
yosie14 wrote:

@pirate

@BGL ,@PIRATE? saidia

Books closed on 31st Dec for dividends payment. As for the share price the increment takes place from today.

Thanks man .will get you beer when we meet sometime.