wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1314151617>»
Safaricom Investment Cooperative
C3PO
#281 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 12:18:26 PM

MaichBlack, yes you can buy directly from SIC but the ones acquired through that route start accruing dividends from the month after purchase. Those bought from other members come with whatever dividends they'll have already accrued. SIC sells at 350 KES a share, other members cannot sell above 350 or below 325 KES/share. Their buying/selling system is opaque. One is at the mercy of the guys matching the bids to the shares on offer. It is very easy for vested interests to hijack the process and, if anyone's being told the highest bid was less than 350 KES/share and people bidding 350 KES/share can't get any, then that horse bolted ages ago.
MaichBlack
#282 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:14:27 PM

C3PO wrote:
MaichBlack, yes you can buy directly from SIC but the ones acquired through that route start accruing dividends from the month after purchase. Those bought from other members come with whatever dividends they'll have already accrued.

Thanks for the (new) info. It will come in handy if and when I join the bandwagon.

When does the year close - as in when do they review the share price? February? I need to know till when I can get the shares at 350/=.

One more thing, anyone with inside info on their financial performance this year. The year hasn't be exactly kind to most businesses. This will help me know the cost of missing the cut off deadline for this year (350/=) - how much I will likely buy the shares at in the next financial year!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
murchr
#283 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:09:07 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:
MaichBlack, yes you can buy directly from SIC but the ones acquired through that route start accruing dividends from the month after purchase. Those bought from other members come with whatever dividends they'll have already accrued.

Thanks for the (new) info. It will come in handy if and when I join the bandwagon.

When does the year close - as in when do they review the share price? February?
I need to know till when I can get the shares at 350/=.

One more thing, anyone with inside info on their financial performance this year. The year hasn't be exactly kind to most businesses. This will help me know the cost of missing the cut off deadline for this year (350/=) - how much I will likely buy the shares at in the next financial year!!!

Laughing out loudly
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MaichBlack
#284 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:30:55 PM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

@murchr - You've lost me. What's funny???

I know it is a weekend and all but...
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
enyands
#285 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 4:41:19 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

I think to @murchr you mentioning that the year hasn't been kind to businesses. Actually it's innocently funny.no offense .
MaichBlack
#286 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 5:08:10 PM

enyands wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

I think to @murchr you mentioning that the year hasn't been kind to businesses. Actually it's innocently funny.no offense .

Look at what he has highlighted....
enyands
#287 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 6:10:09 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
enyands wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Look at what he has highlighted....

Then I don't know.
murchr
#288 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 7:43:44 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Bado haujanunua?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MaichBlack
#289 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 8:16:06 PM

murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Bado haujanunua?

Bado. I had a buying schedule for diferent stocks. My target buying time for SIC haijafika if you read my posts earlier this year.

I was to buy just before their year ends but that might change if I can get some of my target shares at the NSE at a stupid discount. I might elect to buy them even if that means buying SIC shares later at a higher price and hence my earlier questions. I was to buy Unaitas before end of Dec but I am rethinking that too.

I had targets. I haven't missed any so far but given the prevailing environment, I might re evaluate what I buy and when.
merkava
#290 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 12:53:45 PM

Does anyone know when S.I.C AGM 2016 is slated for?
Barikiwa tufanane
heri
#291 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2016 7:34:53 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
murchr wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
C3PO wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Bado haujanunua?

Bado. I had a buying schedule for diferent stocks. My target buying time for SIC haijafika if you read my posts earlier this year.

I was to buy just before their year ends but that might change if I can get some of my target shares at the NSE at a stupid discount. I might elect to buy them even if that means buying SIC shares later at a higher price and hence my earlier questions. I was to buy Unaitas before end of Dec but I am rethinking that too.

I had targets. I haven't missed any so far but given the prevailing environment, I might re evaluate what I buy and when.

MB, what you buying now at NSE?
BGL
#292 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:42:08 AM

merkava wrote:

The AGM shall be held on saturday February 13th 2016 at Safaricom HQ from 1000hrs till 1500hrs

Agenda
1) Confirmation of the 2014 Annual General Meeting Minutes
2) Report from the Chairperson
3) Report from the Supervisory Committee
4) Presentation of the 2015 Audited Financial Statements
5) Report from the Treasurer
6) Presentation of the year 2016 Budget
7) Appointment of Auditors
8) Disposal of Surplus for the year 2015
9) Resolutions
10) Elections
11) Any Other Business (A.O.B.)
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
enyands
#293 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:52:48 AM

BGL wrote:
merkava wrote:

The AGM shall be held on saturday February 13th 2016 at Safaricom HQ from 1000hrs till 1500hrs

Agenda
1) Confirmation of the 2014 Annual General Meeting Minutes
2) Report from the Chairperson
3) Report from the Supervisory Committee
4) Presentation of the 2015 Audited Financial Statements
5) Report from the Treasurer
6) Presentation of the year 2016 Budget
7) Appointment of Auditors
8) Disposal of Surplus for the year 2015
9) Resolutions
10) Elections
11) Any Other Business (A.O.B.)

Welcome back BGL.tell us more what will be talked about when you get a chance. Namaste
merkava
#294 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:35:31 AM

Thanxs BGL. Seems like I will miss this one, wont be around. Hope you will keep us posted on the developments of the meeting
Barikiwa tufanane
Pirate
#295 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:38:02 PM

Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
murchr
#296 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:47:23 PM

C3PO wrote:
MaichBlack, yes you can buy directly from SIC but the ones acquired through that route start accruing dividends from the month after purchase. Those bought from other members come with whatever dividends they'll have already accrued. SIC sells at 350 KES a share, other members cannot sell above 350 or below 325 KES/share. Their buying/selling system is opaque. One is at the mercy of the guys matching the bids to the shares on offer. It is very easy for vested interests to hijack the process and, if anyone's being told the highest bid was less than 350 KES/share and people bidding 350 KES/share can't get any, then that horse bolted ages ago.

@C3PO Did you ever succeed in buying from the secondary Mkt? Is there a way of telling the time aspect of the shares on offer?
enyands
#297 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:04:38 PM

murchr wrote:
C3PO wrote:

@C3PO Did you ever succeed in buying from the secondary Mkt? Is there a way of telling the time aspect of the shares on offer?

murchir I would love to add to that too. I don't get it because if you do your monthly contribution they sell the shares to you at 350 which is the maximum price. I always ask why not sell it to me monthly at 325? why always the highest bidder price.
murchr
#298 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:17:53 PM

enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
C3PO wrote:

murchir I would love to add to that too. I don't get it because if you do your monthly contribution they sell the shares to you at 350 which is the maximum price. I always ask why not sell it to me monthly at 325? why always the highest bidder price.

325/- is the floor price, meaning that those who desperately want out can sell at that and not lower...but remember its not at a loss for those who got in earlier eg 280 in 2014
enyands
#299 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:16:12 PM

murchr wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:
C3PO wrote:

325/- is the floor price, meaning that those who desperately want out can sell at that and not lower...but remember its not at a loss for those who got in earlier eg 280 in 2014

gotcha
BGL
#300 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:59:18 AM

Pirate wrote:
Any projections for this years performance ? Last year they did 27%

25%
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison