wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

dealing with an agent
kyt
#1 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 6:55:31 PM

Hi Wazuan, i have six houses that are run by an agent, a bro-in-law introduced him to me. things have been nice for 6 mo until the last two months when he started being dodgy with my money paying half in feb and still ya march bado. any suggestion on how to deal with such a guy?
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
essyk
#2 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 8:17:16 PM

Kyt seriously?
What does the contract say? Surely there must be one in place,so why not take action according to the terms.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
kyt
#3 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 8:37:19 PM

AHAAA easy, just like your name essyk, thanks man.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
MaichBlack
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:10:41 AM

@kyt - Tenants should deposit money into YOUR account and hand over the deposit slips to the agent. After verifying the deposits, you transfer the commission to your agent's account. You should be the one paying the agent not him paying you. These guys are very sly. If he is the one dealing with the tenants 100% and they are paying the rent into his account, he can even increase the rent and not tell you! They can also come up with all sort of charges - late payment charge, service charge etc. - of which you will never see a dime! You have to manage the manager!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.