wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Sale of substantial Eucalyptus trees Investment
amorphous
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:06:22 PM

Gathige wrote:

The Chinese proverb "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago. The second best time is today" comes handy for you. If you have a good chunk of land in the highlands where they do well, you can give it a trial.

Good luck

@Gathige. Asante sana for the encouragement brother. Will give it a trial and see how things go. I love the fact that once established, this is a "low maintenance crop" for the most part.
Age and family mellows us all over time
Lolest!
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:09:05 PM

Cypress in 5 years?d'oh!

On eucalyptus, a friend of mine who got into it before I did was telling me how he'd sell each tree at sijui 10 or 7k. That was around 2009 when he ventured

So last year, many of his trees had matured. The offers?2k a piece! He refused to sell. But later, he was badly in need of cash so when some brokers came calling offering the same 2k, he didn't even bargain

The good thing is they paid him for his 1000 trees even before harvesting. A cool 2M for his first harvest without any haggling!

Not bad.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
amorphous
#43 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:16:00 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Cypress in 5 years?d'oh!

On eucalyptus, a friend of mine who got into it before I did was telling me how he'd sell each tree at sijui 10 or 7k. That was around 2009 when he ventured

So last year, many of his trees had matured. The offers?2k a piece! He refused to sell. But later, he was badly in need of cash so when some brokers came calling offering the same 2k, he didn't even bargain

The good thing is they paid him for his 1000 trees even before harvesting. A cool 2M for his first harvest without any haggling!

Not bad.

So this guy is lying about 5 years? Liar Liar Liar Liar
https://web.facebook.com...218336/?_rdc=1&_rdr

If so, what varieties mature within 5-10 years and have excellent quality timber?

Never sell to a broker, bradza, that is the worst one can do. This is why I say better to control the product from womb to the pram.
Lolest!
#44 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:49:02 PM

amorphous wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Cypress in 5 years?d'oh!

Not bad.

So this guy is lying about 5 years? Liar Liar Liar Liar
https://web.facebook.com...218336/?_rdc=1&_rdr

If so, what varieties mature within 5-10 years and have excellent quality timber?

Never sell to a broker, bradza, that is the worst one can do. This is why I say better to control the product from womb to the pram.

You could be right, my search yielded this testimony from Eldoret
Quote:
For power and fencing poles, it can be harvested at between five and 12 years when a single tree can sell for up to Sh10,000.

Timber trees fetch a lot more depending on the number of feet one produces. Cypress timber currently sells at an average of Sh66 a foot, one of the priciest in the market. A 30-year-old tree can produce an average of 2,000 feet.

Quote:
Of all the tree species I grow, none has given me as much grief as Cypress (Cypresus lusitanica). Since 2005, I have planted about 1,000 mainly on my farm in Soy, Uasin Gishu but I have lost nearly all of them.

Read about his challenges here https://www.nation.co.ke...ery-delicate-tree-252642
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Mkimwa
#45 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:50:28 PM

Cypress trees take at least 15-20 years to mature. That said its still a plan.

I am looking for 1-2 acres somewhere near Kijabe, or aberdares for this purpose.

amorphous wrote:
villageseer wrote:
Kaigangio wrote:
@ villageseer,

you see village the first mistake you made when planting those trees is not knowing who will buy them poles...

KPLC and REA do not buy raw (untreated) poles...

my advice...go to GTI (Gilgil Telecommunications Institute, formerly owned by KPTC) in Gilgil town, Marura Power poles treatment factory (about 8km from sagana town on your way to nairobi).

Also check another treatment site just about 2km from Kekopey township on your way to nakuru.

...hope that will help.

kaigangio
Thanks for your advise,but I can assure you I did thorough homework when I came to learn about the new venture that had recently at that time (2003) being introduced in the country for smallholder farmers who could alternatively invest in tree planting as subsitute of already pathetic situation of existing cash crops products(Coffee & Tea) in Central Province.

I can assure you those of us who took the risk did thorough research of the existing markets, locally and internationally . We knew the value of the Kenya market of treated transmission wood poles at that time was around 4 billion shilling annually (estimated to be around Ksh 7 billion now). And in most cases the KPLC had to import the product from Europe, Far East, South Africa and our neighbouring countries - Uganda, Tanzania and DRC.

This new hybrid seedlings (clones Eucalyptus seedling that would reach its maturity within a period of 5-7 years for the transmission poles instead of the conventional trees that takes 15-20 years to mature) was being imported from South Africa, through collaboration of Kenya ( KEFRI -under Kenya Biotechnology Programme Trust) and South Africa governments( through a South Africa multinational paper company that owned thousand acres of forest plantations for its paper mills) and funded by a British organization known as Gatsby Trust and US'ISSSA(Remember the Bananas tissue technology of JKUAT?)

Anyway, from outset we knew that there was a big demand of the product and even there was and still even today publication depicting of what you would make from planting these trees from KEFRI people. Their publication stated that after three years of planting their seelings , you could fetch an average of Ksh3,000 per tree in selling it as telephone pole to Kenya Post AND Telecommunication. And if you wait for 5 years, you could sell it KPLC at least for a minimum of Ksh10,000.00

But what we never reckoned at that time and even now was the kind of resistance we would face from the existing Cartel that had for years controlled this market and with assistance of top management of these two firms. Made of a minimum of 4 to 6 major companies in energy industry, these guys are quite ruthless.

Even after the Parliement in 2008 or 2009 had passed a motion that KPLC should initially source their transmission poles locally before venturing internatinally, the management did totally ignored this, and even after its Board of Directors also, passed a resolution of the same in 2009, and even after KEFRI through its Biotechnology Programme Project had organized the farmers as Forest Growers Association - that could negotiate for them as legal entity in putting a bid at KPLC or Rural Electrification. And even after both of them (KPLC &REA) had invited the organization to put an EOI Tender in January 2010, that they could be able to supply them treated poles. After submitting our collective Bid as an organization and led by KEFRI, the tender was opened in March 18th 2010 and that was the last time we had from them.

So Kagaingio, I hope with that little background , you would be able to see what sometimes you have to go through when you are faced with an almost monopolistic and cut-throat type of business.

We thank God for some of these old threads. A true treasure trove of valuable info! Asanteni sana to all of you who have contributed!

Jameni, villageseer please update us on what happened here?

I feel your pain kabisha kabisha. I can imagine everything you went through, expecting a goodly 50m and then the cartel politics turned it upside down. As they say, this is Kiinya (TIK)..not surprised but it is very sad these msukosukos happened to you.

The million dollar question is, what did you eventually do with the trees?

On my end I plan to plant plain old cypress. Was at my timber shop juzi buying 2 by 2s and the tiny things were going for a shocking 25 bob a foot before transport! Meaning all I need to do is grow a good size of acres worth of Cypress, hire a very kali Masai moran to guard them, a caretaker to water during the dry season, and wait 5 years, before milling the wood myself and selling on Namanga rd by myself. Si nitatajirika mbaya mboff jameni?

1 huge cypress tree can produce thousands of feet of 2x2s. So imagine 10k trees smile Even after carrying costs jameni this should be a roaring profit of a deal because I will be vertically integrated from seedling to timber board with zero middle men. And we all know DC is construction central sasa ivi so no shortage of customers especially if I undercut all these tunjamaas here who are selling us overpriced wood we can get from Kitui and elsewhere at many shillings less per foot.

Hebu wacha nijipange jameni, time and life wait for no man. Swenani, who was that guy you were asking aangalie mkate yake ya eliot inasema nini, aniangalilie kama hii gitu ginawesekana.

amorphous
#46 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:52:21 PM

Thank you both for the articles and feedback. Worth a try regardless.
amorphous
#47 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:23:29 AM

Inspiring!Applause Applause Applause

The queen of trees

Quote:

By ERIC WAINAINA
More by this Author

The weather is sunny as Rose Makimei walks on a narrow path cutting through indigenous trees, shrubs and wild fruits on her farm in Gituamba village, Kiambu County.

As the retired hotelier uses her right hand to push aside the shrubs, birds chirp, seemingly acknowledging her presence.

Next to the thicket is a plantation of pine and cypress trees planted three by three metres apart, creating a canopy.

The 3,000 eight-year-old trees, 1, 500 pines and 1, 500 cypress, Makimei says, sit on two acres,
part of her land, where she also grows eucalyptus, grevillea robusta, pears and plums, as well as vegetables. She further rears 15 sheep.

Makimei is a seasoned tree farmer, a venture that she has engaged in since 2005, when she retired.

“I planted 3,000 eucalyptus trees soon after retirement after buying each at Sh20 to ensure my land is not idle,” she says.

Though she did not plan to sell them, three years later a buyer surfaced, seeking the trees to use in construction industry.

Makimei harvested 2,200 trees that she sold at Sh100 each because they were smaller in size.

“I realised that even though I had planted the trees to conserve the environment, I could still make good money from them,” she tells Seeds of Gold.

Encouraged, she planted 3,000 more eucalyptus trees, which earned her up to Sh500,000.

“The money was all profit because after buying the seedlings and taking care of them at the initial stage, you do not incur any other cost,” she says.

She chanced upon an opportunity to work with the Kenya Forest Service, which was willing to provide free tree seedlings to land owners, who would later allow their farms to be demonstration centres.

“I was lucky to ink the deal, getting the 1,500 pine and 1, 500 cypress trees. KFS provided me with the seedlings and brought in youth who did the planting. In the deal, KFS was to look for loggers to buy them at set prices,” she explains.

EFFORTS IN PLANTING TREES, CONSERVING FORESTS

She is projecting that in the next three years when the trees mature, she will earn between Sh21 million and Sh30 million, with a mature tree fetching between Sh7,000 and Sh10,000.

Joseph Mureithi, the principal of the Waruhiu Agricultural Development Centre in Githunguri, Kiambu, notes that tree planting is a viable venture that has economic and environmental benefits, adding that instead of leaving the land idle, one should grow them.

“With the increasing population, there is a high demand for wood products such as timber and poles, therefore, a tree farmer will definitely make a killing from such a venture.”

Ms Makimei indicates towards a section of pine trees she grows in her farm in Lari, Kiambu County. She additionally grows cypress and eucalyptus trees. PHOTO | ERIC WAINAINA | NMG

Makimei teaches various groups how to plant trees and take care of them.

She says that seedlings must be planted in a two-feet-deep and two-feet-wide hole, and the distance from one tree to another should be eight feet.

“You should put in manure in the hole and mulch the seedlings. If there is rain, the seedlings grow firm in one to two months. If there is no rain, it should be watered once in three days.”

At seven months to one year, one should prune the branches of the trees at half the length of the tree.

“In second and third years, we prune to three-quarters the length of the tree. This allows the tree to grow taller and to thicken up,” she says.

At year four or five, the farmer again has to prune to three-quarter the length of the tree. From year six to 10, the tree grows freely to maturity.

Due to her efforts to conserve the environment, Makimei has earned recognition nationally and globally.

In 2014, she won the Total Eco-Challenge Award, which is organised by Total Kenya, for her sustained efforts in planting trees and conserving forests, where she also keeps bees in 40 hives, harvesting honey from 10 that she sells at Sh700 per kilo.

Last year, she was the second runner-up in the Kenya Forest Service awards and was honoured by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta for her tree-growing efforts. She also received the Green Apple award due to her environmental best practices in a ceremony that was held at the UK Houses of Parliament in Westminster, London, where she was named the Green Apple 2019 ambassador. Source: https://www.nation.co.ke...e-queen-of-trees-141474

I am increasingly getting obsessed with this thing, just the way my obsession with DC started once I saw the incredible untapped opportunities there. My obsession is slowly growing perhaps even to the point I might start a "why tree farming is the future" superthread Laughing out loudly

What I love, love, loooove about this tree venture thing.

1. It is time/patience intensive, much like DC property/land. Time is the great "weeder out" (pun intended) of competition. This is why most grow sukuma wiki instead of rare fruit trees that take 5-10 years to mature. Most just want quick money but quick easy money can never match with long range, patient money. To plant and wait 7, 10 or even 15 years is something most Kenyans cannot do, which means competition itakuwa ndogo sana. Meanwhile population is growing and people are building. Where will their timber come from. If we are already importing timber and banning logging from time to time, this tells me there is a *huge sweet spot* here.
2. It is NOT labour intensive Ati all I need to do is order seedlings from KEFRI, dig holes and plant, weka manure, mulch, prune every few months for the first few years, spray once in a while and just sit on my behind to wait? Jameni this pales in comparison to almost any other venture out there.
3. Superprofits for little inputs self explanatory
4. Product control I like businesses that give me total control from greenfield to end user. Hakuna kubahatisha kabisha kabisha
5. No financing neededUpfront costs for a landowner are next to zero
6. Trees are beautiful who does not like trees? I can do something in the middle of those trees and charge Nairobi middle classes and forest-loving msungus good money to experience the African BUSH in all its glory hapo hapo
7. Trees change the microclimate Fresh air, less need for water dependence. Heck, I might not even need to drill a borehole at all on the land, which will save me incredible upfront amounts
8. If all else fails I can build my bunker humo humo even as this world-going-kurazy with corona and other pandemics to come goes to the dogs!! Good luck finding me humo humo in my labyrinth of trees and underground tunnels!!!

NIMESEMA!
amorphous
#48 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:35:05 AM

https://www.google.com/u...amp;cshid=1595406905449

There seems to be a lot of differences in the estimated maturity period for Cypress.
amorphous
#49 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:10:11 PM

Applause Applause Applause
amorphous
#50 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:14:30 PM

Jameni if I supply a paltry 100 million ngwanyes worth of mbao to this deficit, makosa iko wabi?
Gathige
#51 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:04:10 PM

amorphous wrote:

According to Bwana Nyanja, it costs a max 4000 Kshs to buy one mature Eucalyptus and after processing it, he sells for upto 17500Kshs. That's a very very good business even after taking into account the processing and marketing costs. With patience, this is a really good biashara.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
sqft
#52 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:23:23 PM

Gathige wrote:
amorphous wrote:

According to Bwana Nyanja, it costs a max 4000 Kshs to buy one mature Eucalyptus and after processing it, he sells for upto 17500Kshs. That's a very very good business even after taking into account the processing and marketing costs. With patience, this is a really good biashara.

Note that nyanja doesnt grow any trees but rather he makes his cash by buying mature trees from farmers, treating them and selling the poles to govt, and also selling seedlings to the tree farmers. In other words he runs a tree nursery and also a pole processing plant.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#53 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:36:13 PM

As @fizash explained in post #31, tree farming isn't an easy enterprise. Only brokers like nyanja make easy money. The farmer bears all the risk.

fizash wrote:
Dear Villageseer,

First off, are these trees still available, if so, email me.

Secondly, i have read through your post and having been in the poles business for the last 8 years i can assure you there is no such monopoly at KPLC or REA.... rather there seems to be a misconception on pricing paid by KPLC and the rate at which the Hybrid Eucalyptus grows:

1. It takes a tree ( Grandis or Grandis Hybrid) a minimum of 8 years in a heavy rainfall area to mature to KPLC spec poles - which is a minimum of 10M length and a top diameter of 160mm ( top diameter must be without bark and allow for shrinkage) so to be safe you go with a 170mm top diameter on a standing tree.

2. The spacing of trees when planted must be a minimum of 2.5M x 2.5M averaging 1600 stems per hectare. Again spacing is determined by location of planting. Drier areas may require a 3mx3m spacing.

3. 30% of trees planted will most likely not survive to maturity, from the remaining 70% of surviving trees only about 30% -40% will qualify for poles, the rest will not make the specs...either too thin or too crooked etc This is the general rule of thumb, if you are able to achieve this then you are doing well.

4. The selling price of a raw tree or pole will average around Kshs 4000 per tree today, why Shs 4000 and not Shs 12,000-16000 like you read about in the papers? Answer is simple, you cannot cut a tree and deliver it to KPLC - it has to be treated first ( the process of treating can take up to 5 hours under high pressure - not simply dipping the pole in green chemicals). This is where the treatment plants come in, so the price most farmers see is the Kshs 12,000 which can be misleading- this price is for a TREATED pole delivered to KPLC not a raw pole. Furthermore, treatment plants have to warranty the pole for 25 years.

I hope this clarifies some misconceptions as is commonly found in the newspapers.

Regards
Fash

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#54 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:48:05 PM

Sqft,
I want to do seedling to timberyard with Cypress.
Not easy but supply and demand economics look very very appealing to me.
In my case I will be the grower, broker and retail dealer. These timber yarders are making a juicy kill even while sourcing from independent growers. Which means profits will be even juicier if I control the whole shebang. My humble two pennies.

http://kenyadetails.com/...hy-timber-business-booms
Gathige
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:57:19 PM

sqft wrote:
As @fizash explained in post #31, tree farming isn't an easy enterprise. Only brokers like nyanja make easy money. The farmer bears all the risk.

fizash wrote:
Dear Villageseer,

First off, are these trees still available, if so, email me.

Secondly, i have read through your post and having been in the poles business for the last 8 years i can assure you there is no such monopoly at KPLC or REA.... rather there seems to be a misconception on pricing paid by KPLC and the rate at which the Hybrid Eucalyptus grows:

1. It takes a tree ( Grandis or Grandis Hybrid) a minimum of 8 years in a heavy rainfall area to mature to KPLC spec poles - which is a minimum of 10M length and a top diameter of 160mm ( top diameter must be without bark and allow for shrinkage) so to be safe you go with a 170mm top diameter on a standing tree.

2. The spacing of trees when planted must be a minimum of 2.5M x 2.5M averaging 1600 stems per hectare. Again spacing is determined by location of planting. Drier areas may require a 3mx3m spacing.

3. 30% of trees planted will most likely not survive to maturity, from the remaining 70% of surviving trees only about 30% -40% will qualify for poles, the rest will not make the specs...either too thin or too crooked etc This is the general rule of thumb, if you are able to achieve this then you are doing well.

4. The selling price of a raw tree or pole will average around Kshs 4000 per tree today, why Shs 4000 and not Shs 12,000-16000 like you read about in the papers? Answer is simple, you cannot cut a tree and deliver it to KPLC - it has to be treated first ( the process of treating can take up to 5 hours under high pressure - not simply dipping the pole in green chemicals). This is where the treatment plants come in, so the price most farmers see is the Kshs 12,000 which can be misleading- this price is for a TREATED pole delivered to KPLC not a raw pole. Furthermore, treatment plants have to warranty the pole for 25 years.

I hope this clarifies some misconceptions as is commonly found in the newspapers.

Regards
Fash

@ sqft, thanks for retrieving this informative peace. An investment of 8+ yrs to earn a raw 4k is very poor. A Maasai Mbuzi would earn 5k at the market in 2 yrs.

@amorphous,if you have a sizeable land, esp in your favourite DC, you can explore Accaia farming for firewood and "legal" Charocal burning. A good Accacia variety can mature in 5 yrs for harvest.In between you can do bee keeping and harvest honey. See link below for motivation
https://www.nation.co.ke...he-tree-to-grow-1897028

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
sqft
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:57:21 PM

According to @fizash above 1 hectare (2.5 acres) can accommodate 1600 trees i.e 640 trees per acre.

30% will die thus you remain with 448 trees.

Of these only about 40% will be up to KPLC standards ie about 180 trees.

If you sell at 4000 per tree, then cash made will be 720,000 after 8yrs, or 90k per yr gross aka 7,500 per month.

If expenses are 30%,then your profit is 5k per month.

I believe you'd make more money if you put your 1 acre under sukuma wiki and cabbages...or 1 dairy cow.

amorphous
#57 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:08:07 PM

Gathige wrote:

@amorphous,if you have a sizeable land, esp in your favourite DC, you can explore Accaia farming for firewood and "legal" Charocal burning. A good Accacia variety can mature in 5 yrs for harvest.In between you can do bee keeping and harvest honey. See link below for motivation
https://www.nation.co.ke...the-tree-to-grow-189702

Thanks. I hear gum arabica from acacia is an exportabke goldmine. Wacha ning'ang'ane with my CYPRESS IN THE BUSH idea for now as that land is doing zero for now and the low maintenance aspect and returns on milled timber are right up my alley. Let me stop talking about it and get to action mode. Will report my progress yearly.
sqft
#58 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:35:01 PM

amorphous wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Thanks. I hear gum arabica from acacia is an exportabke goldmine. Wacha ning'ang'ane with my CYPRESS IN THE BUSH idea for now as that land is doing zero for now and the low maintenance aspect and returns on milled timber are right up my alley. Let me stop talking about it and get to action mode. Will report my progress yearly.

From the KFS pamphlet you gave on post #48:

Quote:
Cost benefit analysis for Cypress enterprise
Area: 1 acre
Spacing : 2.5 by 2.5
Rotation Age 28 years
Temperatures 10- 28 deg c
Rainfall: >mm 800-1,500 mm,
Altitude; 1,000 – 4,000 m a.s.l.
Working cycle: saw Timber
Species: Cupressus lusitanica
Net profit per yr - 79,105 (ie. 6,592 per month)

You will have to wait for 28ys (upto 2048 AD) to sell your timber and would have made about 6k per month per acre. Also note that areas receiving > 800mm rain where cypress would do well are high potential areas in the highlands not the arid dustbowl where the only tree that grows there is the dwarf thorn acacia. Good luck.
amorphous
#59 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:48:58 PM

sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Quote:
Rotation Age 28 years

You will have to wait for 28ys (upto 2048 AD) to sell your timber and would have made about 6k per month per acre. Also note that areas receiving > 800mm rain where cypress would do well are high potential areas in the highlands not the arid dustbowl where the only tree that grows there is the dwarf thorn acacia. Good luck.

Three things

1. It will not be grown in DC. See here: http://wazua.co.ke/forum...&t=38022#post898504

2. Some say 5 years before you start harvesting poles, others like KFS say 28 years, the average consensus seems to be 15-20 years which is what I am going by.

3. They are talking about selling the trees once mature, not cut lumber. Hebu tufanye hesabu. 1 cypress tree, 50ft (15m) at 15-20 years (80ft at total maturity) and 0.7m diameter can produce how many two by twos? Drool

My estimate tells me that assuming we gut it into a square block and consider the rest waste (which it is not) we are still left with a block 40 tall (reducing for thinner top crown and branches) and a base of about 0.5m by 0.5m.

My (rough) quick mental math gives me the following:

40ft length by 1.64ft by 1.64ft which is
40ft length by about 20inch by 20 inch, which is
40ft worth of 10 by 10 (100) 2 by 2s (approx)

at 25 bob per foot, we have 4000 by 25 which gives us a clean 100k per tree

No let us even throw a spanner in the works and say half the crop gets burned down by arsonists or never grew to begin with. At 1600 trees per acre planted, I still make off with 800*100k = a cool 80m per acre, papa.

Correct me if I am wrong here Drool Nimefanya hizi hesabu zote kwa kichwa so there might be some errors

kawi254
#60 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:01:33 PM

amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Gathige wrote:

Quote:
Rotation Age 28 years

Three things

1. It will not be grown in DC. See here: http://wazua.co.ke/forum...&t=38022#post898504

2. Some say 5 years before you start harvesting poles, others like KFS say 28 years, the average consensus seems to be 15-20 years which is what I am going by.

3. They are talking about selling the trees once mature, not cut lumber. Hebu tufanye hesabu. 1 cypress tree, 50ft (15m) at 15-20 years (80ft at total maturity) and 0.7m diameter can produce how many two by twos? Drool

My estimate tells me that assuming we gut it into a square block and consider the rest waste (which it is not) we are still left with a block 40 tall (reducing for thinner top crown and branches) and a base of about 0.5m by 0.5m.

My (rough) quick mental math gives me the following:

40ft length by 1.64ft by 1.64ft which is
40ft length by about 20inch by 20 inch, which is
40ft worth of 10 by 10 (100) 2 by 2s (approx)

at 25 bob per foot, we have 4000 by 25 which gives us a clean 100k per tree

No let us even throw a spanner in the works and say half the crop gets burned down by arsonists or never grew to begin with. At 1600 trees per acre planted, I still make off with 800*100k = a cool 80m per acre, papa.

Correct me if I am wrong here Drool Nimefanya hizi hesabu zote kwa kichwa so there might be some errors

Cypress products are pricey, but beware it is a very delicate tree