wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Sale of substantial Eucalyptus trees Investment
villageseer
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:42:45 PM

What would you recommend for the sale of a quite substantial Eucalyptus trees Investment ?

Now that I have miserably failed in disposing my small woodlot of an estimated 10,000 matured e'Grandis Eucalyptus trees to the KPLC or REA, does anyone have an idea or ideas of how to go about in disposing THIS INVESTMENT?

Given the input and the duration it has take for this investment to mature - My conservative estimate of a fair selling Price should not be less than Ksh. 5,000.00 per tree at farm-gate price.
NB/
The average base diameter width of each tree is more than 16 inches, with a height of more than 60ft.

1.If I take the path of selling the trees as Wood Fuel to the local industrial manufacturers for fueling their boilers and furnaces, at least I would be expecting at least a minimum of Ksh 20.00 per kilogram and not what some firms are claimed to be offering of 5 to 10 shilling per kilogram.

2.ALTERNATIVELY selling the product as Timber - I would prefer if I could get a Contract from a Real or Building Contractor(s)- Since with an estimated pieces of 10,000 hard-wood trees, available at my shamba, I would be able to supply a lot of timber, especially 2x2 0r 2x4 pieces or 6x1 or whatever!

Anyone with an idea on how I can go about, in disposing this life-time investment of mine?
TiggerTiggy
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:46:17 PM

choma makaa. better returns than selling as timber planks
MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:19:03 PM

villageseer wrote:
Now that I have miserably failed in disposing my small woodlot of an estimated 10,000 matured e'Grandis Eucalyptus trees to the KPLC or REA, does anyone have an idea or ideas of how to go about in disposing THIS INVESTMENT?

Why has it become difficult to sell to Kenya Power? I thought the demand was so high they had to source from Tanzania. Or the cement poles they had started turning to are catching on?

Who have you talked to Kenya Power? Maybe the person you talked to is trying to make your life difficult so that you can cough up something small. Investigate.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
maka
#4 Posted : Monday, May 07, 2012 10:27:38 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
villageseer wrote:

Why has it become difficult to sell to Kenya Power? I thought the demand was so high they had to source from Tanzania. Or the cement poles they had started turning to are catching on?

Who have you talked to Kenya Power? Maybe the person you talked to is trying to make your life difficult so that you can cough up something small. Investigate.

@MaichBlack if am not wrong KPLC usually advertise tenders for this,I know people who have bid and never won so I gues ina wenyewe...@Tigger tiggy I doubt whether eucalyptus can be chomwad for makaa...but i might be wrong on this.
@Villageseer I feel you this is a colossal amount of trees and I can picture the time and effort taken to plant them and the like...just do timber albeit in small portions.Am afraid to think of what will happen in the next 5-7 years when many tree farms will have reached maturity.
possunt quia posse videntur
waweru john
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:09:18 PM

hey,
e-mail me the particulars of your poles.number,location,price,accessibility...
options54@gmail.com
jerry
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:56:38 AM

@villager! The 'factories' buy hard firewood in terms of cubic metres. You could get 1,500/= per cuM.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Mariacha
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:29:57 AM

waweru john wrote:
hey,
e-mail me the particulars of your poles.number,location,price,accessibility...
options54@gmail.com

@villageseer, email me the above too. switch.logistics[at]gmail[dot]com
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
Digitali
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:10:13 AM

@Villageseer, email me too the location, number, size in diameter and price urgently!
villageseer
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:44:30 AM

Digitali wrote:
@Villageseer, email me too the location, number, size in diameter and price urgently!

Please what is your personal E-mail address, so I could send you the particulars?
villageseer
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:53:02 PM

The particulars of my woodlot are as follows:-

1. Species : E'grandis Eucalyptus trees.

2. Age: : 8 years

3. Source : The clones seedlings wer bought
from Kenya forest Research
Institute (KEFRI)under their
Biotechnology Programme.

4. NUMBER : The estimated number of matured
tree is around 8,000 trees.

5. Size : The estimated height is about 70
feet tall, with an average base
diameter widht from 14" to 20".

6. Location : Located in two areas of Kandara/
Kangari road, which is about 30
kilometers fro Thika Town.

7.Farm-gate Price: Asking price is Ksh 6,000.00
per Pole.

8. Personal particulars:Give your E-mail address
villageseer
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:50:08 AM

Digitali wrote:

villageseer
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:51:58 PM

villageseer wrote:
Digitali wrote:

Please what is your personal E-mail address, so I could send you the particulars?

As earlier stated the location of the farms is on Kandara/Kangari Road - one taking the junction road immediately after Kaha-ini Shopping Center and travelling to Kaburugi Market, where some of the trees are located there and others immediately opposite Naaro High School.

The other woodlot is situated about 2 miles from Ikumbi Tea Factory.

The total estimated number of the trees are 8,000 pieces, with an average size base diameter from 14inches to around 22 inches.The height of the trees is estimated to be 65 feet TO 75 feet.

The asking farm-gate price for a pole of either (9m;10m;11m;13m) is Ksh6,000.00 per Pole.
villageseer
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:58:33 AM

villageseer wrote:
villageseer wrote:
[quote=Digitali]@Villageseer, email me too the location, number, size in diameter and price urgently!

villageseer
#14 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 10:23:55 AM

villageseer wrote:
villageseer wrote:
[quote=Digitali]@Villageseer, email me too the location, number, size in diameter and price urgently!

Kaigangio
#15 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 10:47:14 AM

@ villageseer,

you see village the first mistake you made when planting those trees is not knowing who will buy them poles...

KPLC and REA do not buy raw (untreated) poles...

my advice...go to GTI (Gilgil Telecommunications Institute, formerly owned by KPTC) in Gilgil town, Marura Power poles treatment factory (about 8km from sagana town on your way to nairobi).

Also check another treatment site just about 2km from Kekopey township on your way to nakuru.

...hope that will help.
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
Elder
#16 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 11:10:07 AM

villageseer wrote:
villageseer wrote:
villageseer wrote:

Email me your contacts, got someone who is interested. elderwakenya (at) gmail.com
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
mawinder
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:33:47 PM

conservatively you stand to get 48m while i dont have even 1m
Lolest!
#18 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 2:19:26 PM

mawinder wrote:

hapana jali kijana. We are not equal. This villageseer guy invested over 7 yrs ago and has patiently waited for the trees to mature. @villageseer, pls inform us of the conclusion, planning to plunge into this
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mawinder
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 4:26:11 PM

Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:

hapana jali kijana. We are not equal. This villageseer guy invested over 7 yrs ago and has patiently waited for the trees to mature. @villageseer, pls inform us of the conclusion, planning to plunge into this

7 years 48m count me in the bus.
Mkimwa
#20 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:15:54 PM

mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:

7 years 48m count me in the bus.

As usual with most of us, we see the figure - 48m..
Talk to villager, he will tell you of the real toil, the hard work, the sleepless nights, its not as rosy as you think. Determination, hard work and ability to overcome challenges is the key. not the 48m.

That money doesn't come easily, otherwise we would all be doing the same thing!