wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

21 Pages«<1718192021>
Portfolio recommendations from Brokers
S.Mutaga III
#361 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 8:17:30 PM

Am I the only one who has total disregard for stock recommendations by brokers? A conflict of interest at its best. A broker will advise you to buy anything as long as he makes his 2.1%...he does not really care whether you are making or losing money. The only reason I read recommendations is to get any information that may have passed me about a counter...I dont care about their opinions
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
mlennyma
#362 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 8:36:45 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
Am I the only one who has total disregard for stock recommendations by brokers? A conflict of interest at its best. A broker will advise you to buy anything as long as he makes his 2.1%...he does not really care whether you are making or losing money. The only reason I read recommendations is to get any information that may have passed me about a counter...I dont care about their opinions

For new entrants foreign or local, this are useful hints,for old players they only help in comparing your notes.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Boris Boyka
#363 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 9:05:36 PM

mlennyma wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

For new entrants foreign or local, this are useful hints,for old players they only help in comparing your notes.

For Total disregard you are alone!!! As @mlenny put it....if their reccomendations are at per with your research then you are swimming together..but if wide apart then adopt yours and disregard them. For example you and them hold same opinion on Kenya Re...how do you explain that? Both if you are wrong ?or who copied who?or you are just prideful and can't imagine the brokers can give a good reccomendation as you do. Point is don't rely fully on brokers reccos.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
S.Mutaga III
#364 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 10:24:53 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

For Total disregard you are alone!!! As @mlenny put it....if their reccomendations are at per with your research then you are swimming together..but if wide apart then adopt yours and disregard them. For example you and them hold same opinion on Kenya Re...how do you explain that? Both if you are wrong ?or who copied who?or you are just prideful and can't imagine the brokers can give a good reccomendation as you do. Point is don't rely fully on brokers reccos.

Check highlighted part. As for the similarities in picks, if we arrive at the same counter, well and good...but I highly endorse independent thinking
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
S.Mutaga III
#365 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 10:27:50 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Check highlighted part. As for the similarities in picks, if we arrive at the same counter, well and good...but I highly endorse independent thinking

My problem with brokers is that they give long lists of recommendations...some give over 10 counters, which leaves you wondering whether they have your best interest at heart.
mlennyma
#366 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 11:10:56 PM

However nowadays I have seen recommendations reduced to appear like personal opinions, when somebody tells you today equity is a risky stock don't buy and tomorrow another tells you equity is a buy.this sharp contrast erodes credibility.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
xxxxx
#367 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2015 5:47:13 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
@edwinmukiri
@Gadaffi
@Pedes
@1masha
@Mangs
@mugz

All Added.

@pesanane, please add trishamugerwa@gmail.com

Asante
enyands
#368 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2015 9:00:26 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
@edwinmukiri
@Gadaffi
@Pedes
@1masha
@Mangs
@mugz

All Added.

Asante

@pesanane why addition
Pesa Nane
#369 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2015 9:23:18 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
@edwinmukiri
@Gadaffi
@Pedes
@1masha
@Mangs
@mugz

All Added.

Asante

Done. Welcome.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
derick
#370 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2015 11:19:50 PM

mlennyma wrote:
However nowadays I have seen recommendations reduced to appear like personal opinions, when somebody tells you today equity is a risky stock don't buy and tomorrow another tells you equity is a buy.this sharp contrast erodes credibility.

Do your own research. Brokers will always mislead you.
Your income is directly related to your philosophy, Not the economy.-Jim Rohn
S.Mutaga III
#371 Posted : Monday, May 04, 2015 12:30:29 AM

Brokers give a list of 10 recommendations to generate activity in the market. More activity = More business = More money for them. The broker is the last person you should ask for a stock recommendation and the first person you should ask for specific information, such as news.
theking
#372 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:02:33 AM

hi wazua family. please share the latest recommendations from your different brokers. send to wazua@googlegroups.com or kingmonster82@gmail.com
maka
#373 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:07:39 AM

theking wrote:
hi wazua family. please share the latest recommendations from your different brokers. send to wazua@googlegroups.com or kingmonster82@gmail.com

I have one from NIC securities have you come across that?before I send i.e
possunt quia posse videntur
georgegop
#374 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:17:36 AM

Please share the one for NIC securities.
Don't Work for Money, Let Money Work for You..
maka
#375 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:35:24 AM

We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (wazua) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

* You might have spelled or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group may have removed this group.
* You may need to join the group before receiving permission to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

@king repost it huko...
possunt quia posse videntur
theking
#376 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:23:32 AM

maka wrote:
We're writing to let you know that the group you tried to contact (wazua) may not exist, or you may not have permission to post messages to the group. A few more details on why you weren't able to post:

@king repost it huko...

done
Pesa Nane
#377 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:52:38 PM

maka wrote:

@king repost it huko...

That is the reason. Send a join request I add you to the group.
Felipe
#378 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:21:27 PM

@ Pesa Nane, pl add me in the group (fmwaweru[at]gmail.com)
TA = Price Action + Vol + S/R + Trend + Pattern.
Pesa Nane
#379 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:10:06 PM

Courtesy D&B 13 July 2015

On to a new phase: Spectrum and Mobile Money

We initiate coverage on Safaricom Ltd with a BUY recommendation and a target price of KES. 18.67, a 17 per cent upside from the current price of KES. 16.00. Our recommendation is based on our views on:

Strong earnings growth outlook. The Company has delivered strong performance historically. We are bullish on earnings growth expectations, with a forecasted 6.0 per cent profit after tax CAGR for the forecast period.

Brand strength and firm market positioning. Safaricom remains the most preferred and the largest telecommunications network in Kenya. With a subscriber market share of 67.4 per cent and an all-round product offering model, we expect increased growth in customer numbers and reduced customer churning rate.

Valuations still attractive. Safaricom trades fairly at par with its peers both within MENA and Global space, offering an additional alpha space. The
Company trades at a PE of 20.11x and an EV/EBITDA multiple of 11.11x against a peer average 17.42x and 7.40x respectively. The share price rallied 13.90 per
cent year to date on expectations of the full year 2014 results.

Innovations and product offerings. Safaricom is at the forefront in innovations within the telecommunications sector globally, having been featured as one of the top ten most innovative companies in Africa by Forbes. Introduction of MPESA
revolutionised Mobile Money globally. The Company has further integrated M-PESA into most business transactions, including mobile banking. The Company has recently launched its set-top TV box, which will rival the existing boxes further growing its Data revenues. Safaricom further plans to launch an M-PESA MasterCard, in partnership with Kenya Commercial Bank
(KCB), the largest bank in Kenya by assets.

The recent developments in the Kenyan mobile telecommunications have resulted in pricing changes and product innovation. Safaricom has solidified its position by offering wider coverage across Kenya, improving on its infrastructure and enhancing its cost management initiatives.
With a subscriber base of 23.5 million customers out of an estimated population of 46 million, Safaricom, has a huge platform to leverage upon for future growth.
Partnerships with local institutions to deliver innovative services will be a key determinant in further growth. The recent partnership with KCB to offer mobile based lending will drive further growth in revenue.
However, the regulatory environment remains a concern due to recent investigations by Competition Authority of Kenya into Safaricom’s dominant market position. We view it to have minimal impact on Safaricom in the short term.
We anticipate no significant revisions of tariffs going forward since the market is already at the lowest tariff levels
Pesa Nane
#380 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 12:20:48 PM

Safaricom at a glance: D&B

Bloomberg Ticker: SAFCOM KN
Target Price: KES 18.67
Current Price: KES 16.00
Upside: 17%
52 week Range: 11.75 - 17.90
Market Cap (KES Mns): 641,040
Market Cap (USD Mns): 6,412
YTD Return: 13.9%
Free Float: 25%
Issued Shares (Mns): 40,065
PE: 20.11x
Forward PE: 19.72x
Dividend Yield: 0.04x
RoE: 30.6%