wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages123>»
Harambee Stars
Magigi
#1 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:05:00 AM

Over the years the general performance of Harambee Stars has been wonting. The stakeholders in the game are more concerned with politics and money and not the game. There are many players in this game - FKL,KFF,FIFA,Ministry of Sports etc. Who is in charge? The office holders in KFFand FKL are not civil and seem not to have benefited from schooling. We should stop wasting money on Harambee stars and concentrate in games that we have comparative advantage - Rugby,volleyball,Cricket would be a good gamble.
Magigi
#2 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:10:00 AM

After they were walloped 1-0 by Iran,this is wha the German coach had to say 'The conditions for the match were not ideal. The travel arrangements were not ideal; we had only one set of shirts,no tracksuits for players and had to go through two overnight flights.' He ain't seen nothing yet!
Njunge
#3 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:18:00 AM

Eti one set of uniform...!!..hehe...!! So if a player celebrates a goal by throwing his jersey to fans it would mean he plays the remainder of the match bare chested........Kweli hii ni Kenya.......Sure.Dude will see mambo mpaka he will just kimbia....

Guka wa bijuti...
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Magigi
#4 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 6:31:00 AM

@Njung'e: Very humorous!!! Hadn't seen that punchline!
kingfisher
#5 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 7:54:00 AM

@njunge.......me think Hey man is trying to say the dudes were not supposed to score in fear of cerebrating by throwing away the shirt.........only solution may have been to substitute........scoring 4 goals and cerebrating that way would have presented a serious problem!!! Guys had to ask them dudes not to score!!

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it does not belong in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
The Real Shaft
#6 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 8:12:00 AM

but i hear ...

in Iran....

if you score against them...

they throw shoes at you...

including the players....

so..

if they played Iraq....

the scores may look like this ...

Iran - Iraq: 4-4....

and all the players without shoes......
I'm the real Massey F.....shut your mouth
I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
VituVingiSana
#7 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 8:34:00 AM

LOL

I feel sorry for the players. It is very very tiring to fly coach/economy. Of course,the GoK could have leased a KQ plane for a direct flight but...

Anyway,1-0 loss on Iran's home ground is not a bad loss considering the hassles the players faced.

Greedy when others are fearful,Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase WB
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
wazamali
#8 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2009 9:09:00 AM

Yes...absolutely waste of money on Kenya soccer.

Virtually all kenyan schools & colleges play soccer and there is nothing to show for it on the international scene!

I rather the same amount of money were directed to Rugby,Volleyball and Cricket. People may have wrong notion that these games are elitist

Chunga mali yako...
TAZ
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:40:00 AM

I think its all about investing in a sport that pays well in the end.......Rugby,Volleyball and Cricket have all played and performed well in the international arena but besides bragging rights what else do they have to show for this 'exemplary performances'???? How many countries in africa are involved in competitive Rugby/Cricket????

If our football team just qualified for the world cup i can almost assure you of atleast a public holiday.........majority of the local players would be signed by top teams in Europe...Fifa funding would be increased.......the stakes are high in Soccer thats why these fools always fight for the top positions

life is too short to blend in
skills
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:01:00 AM

Football remains the best distractive for young kenyans and still the most loved soccer is still the among the performing sport.competitively rugby 7s is played by about 50 federations,in cricket we have not been able to enter the proper leg of tests and we are forced to qualify for champions trophy last i remember we lost to uganda in under 20 touranament wher do you think we are heading there.

astrologers for better future
ecstacy
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:39:00 PM

Are we the future leaders or what? KFF & FKL are not Harambee Stars...Beyond the obvious,the national soccer team has been a national unity factor in our divided country everytime they played. This uniting factor is unmatched by any other team performance including athletics. The hope that the likes of Dennis Oliech & MacDonald Mariga have instilled in the youth cannot be understated. Instead of running away,let us fix the problems,they are ours as Kenyans. The management of cricket and rugby shows us that institutions previously mismanaged can be succesfully run. Mismanagement is not a monopoly of soccer.
Sober
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:07:00 AM

Oliech on board. Hurrah!

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing posibility.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
Magigi
#13 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 4:46:00 AM

What are your predictions on the forthcoming World cup qualifiers match (28th March) . For me H. stars 0 Tunisia 2
solloh
#14 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 10:01:00 AM

2-1 to the local lads. Oliech and mariga to score. HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!!

money by the day
mali ya nguvu
#15 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2009 2:12:00 PM

the most optimistic result is 0-1.i rest my case!!!!

Ombea adui
kyt
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:40:00 PM

save for namibia kenya has never been defeated on home siol by any team in africa not even cameroun or nugeria so those who see kenya loosing. you can as well seek citizenship in tunisia. we dont need pesimistists in kenya. we remain postitive always.

pls go to hell!!!!!

hasta la vista
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
ecstacy
#17 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 11:12:00 AM

Kenya 1: Tunisia 0
Lamkani
#18 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 2:09:00 PM

I do believe that since Tunisia is among the favourites to get into the world-cup in South Africa and Kenya has a good record playing at home then we can expect a draw between the two teams.

Lamkani
Jaina
#19 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:46:00 AM

Any project that RAO has been associated with has always been failing. Wherever he got the Hey guy,he should have looked at his past record. In simple terms,..................Harambee Stars will not even make it to the African Cup of Nations.
Sober
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:09:00 PM

Entrance is 300 ksh for terrace guys and 1k for the vip

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing posibility.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'