Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<678910>
TV Analogue to Digital Migration
Impunity
#141 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 4:49:09 PM

Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
Love me or Hate me I dont care but
I think the real issue behind the big switch-off is for the government to divert attention from the real issue at hand, that is the 'the chicken scandal" case involving the IEBC and KNEC. This is a case that Kenyans would have had a big interest on given that IEBC has been a big topic to the point that it is one of the agendas in the referendum bills. The government fears losing public support in this case since they fully depend on the IEBC for their 2017 agenda as it is. So watch this space. After the switch of saga which will last only two weeks, enough time for the government to re-arrange the prosecution files against the IEBC officials, it will be business as usual as kenyans will be busy "praising" the government for giving them back their favourite programs. Welcome to Kenya where the so called opposition is not even aware of this and are busy behaving just like the ordinary kenyan citizen.

Honestly I think you have called a spade what it is. And not only are they trying to black out the 'Chicken' scandal, they are also blacking out all of the other negative news that has been making rounds in the last couple of weeks. This is politics.

The chicken gate is worth only 47 million shillings, I dont think anyone would black the media for that tiny sum!
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Othelo
#142 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 4:54:10 PM

Impunity wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
I think the real issue behind the big switch-off is for the government to divert attention from the real issue at hand, that is the 'the chicken scandal" case involving the IEBC and KNEC. This is a case that Kenyans would have had a big interest on given that IEBC has been a big topic to the point that it is one of the agendas in the referendum bills. The government fears losing public support in this case since they fully depend on the IEBC for their 2017 agenda as it is. So watch this space. After the switch of saga which will last only two weeks, enough time for the government to re-arrange the prosecution files against the IEBC officials, it will be business as usual as kenyans will be busy "praising" the government for giving them back their favourite programs. Welcome to Kenya where the so called opposition is not even aware of this and are busy behaving just like the ordinary kenyan citizen.

Honestly I think you have called a spade what it is. And not only are they trying to black out the 'Chicken' scandal, they are also blacking out all of the other negative news that has been making rounds in the last couple of weeks. This is politics.

The chicken gate is worth only 47 million shillings, I dont think anyone would black the media for that tiny sum!
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

It is an embarrassment to #team tenderpreneurs and developers Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Rankaz13
#143 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 9:43:05 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
odometer wrote:
radio wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
geofreygachie wrote:
Citizen TV ,NTV,QTV and KTN offline.These guys behave like they own the viewers.In the meantime i am enjoying other channels with better content .Bamba Knowledge 1,AviationTv ,Press TV rocks.

Let's say you are a mandazi baker. You bake them, then use your bicycles to deliver them to kiosks all over town. One day Kidero's gaarment wakes up and says no more bicycles allowed in Nairobi, henceforth only tuktuks will be allowed. Since you don't have a tuktuk, he brings his friend (who you don't know) and has tuktuks and declares that this friend will now be making deliveries for you. And this friend will add his margin when he delivers to your kiosk clients. You protest and Kidero decrees that you must hand over your mandazis to this man. Kidero finally concedes and philanthropically allows you to use one tuktuk, but to serve all your kiosks you need five tuktuks. BTW, you have enough money to buy the five tuktuks. What would you think of Kidero? Why doesn't he setup his own bakery to bake his own mandazis, deliver them using his friend's tuktuks and allow you enough tuktuks to deliver yours?

Wait a minute...

But the cities met with leaders of bakers across the world and agree delivery via bicycles should be replaced by tuktuks in five years time. Each city went ahead and set their own deadline. They also advertised for tuktuk providers to bid for delivery licenses... you failed to bid and later got a free license but you don't want that... you want sympathy!

How can you be helped...

"And this friend will add his margin when he delivers to your kiosk clients" another lie propagated by the BIG 3.

true. surprised with all the information out there even wazuans can be that easily duped.. in fact in this case the tuk tuk guy is doing the delivery for free

Sasa hapa naona wewe ndiye unatuchangamkia. Liar Liar

how now? the must carry means that the signal distributors must carry the local free to air signals and distribute them without charge.

The signal distributors (Signet & PANG/STV) charge a fee to the content owners. I seem to have misplaced the respective figures they charge, unfortunately.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Jus Blazin
#144 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 10:10:04 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Kwani wamezima gazeti pia?

Na radio je?

Laughing out loudly media ni analogue tv.

Those celebrating the birth of hyena should get ready to bitten by it someday KBC owned by the Govmnt and Uhuru's K24 will never run a jicho pevu show.. never... Its all about the media freedom and that's when the war began no digital thing

Boss, those guys haven't been stopped from doing anything, wacha zako. They have the freedom to broadcast. Haven't they been showing Jicho Pevu through DSTV for years? Now please, convey the same to your employer.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
nakujua
#145 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 10:46:03 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

Those celebrating the birth of hyena should get ready to bitten by it someday KBC owned by the Govmnt and Uhuru's K24 will never run a jicho pevu show.. never... Its all about the media freedom and that's when the war began no digital thing

Boss, those guys haven't been stopped from doing anything, wacha zako. They have the freedom to broadcast. Haven't they been showing Jicho Pevu through DSTV for years? Now please, convey the same to your employer.

sad that his job is in the balance, lakini waache kutubeba wajinga - ati media freedom, so the likes of ebru tv, gbs, kiss tv ... are hyenas
GGK
#146 Posted : Monday, February 16, 2015 11:13:41 PM

The final phase of analogue TV switch-off for far-flung towns such as Garissa, Kitui, Lodwar, Lokichogio, Kapenguria, Kabarnet, Migori, Voi, Mbwinzau/Kibwezi, Namanga etc and all other remaining sites was set for 30th March 2015.

So why did they switch us off
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
Ali Baba
#147 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:32:01 AM

GGK wrote:
The final phase of analogue TV switch-off for far-flung towns such as Garissa, Kitui, Lodwar, Lokichogio, Kapenguria, Kabarnet, Migori, Voi, Mbwinzau/Kibwezi, Namanga etc and all other remaining sites was set for 30th March 2015.

Can't you live without TV?? I'm liking it now.I can do some reading,surfing the net,and not being a TV couch potato.They should switch off for a year.
Ericsson
#148 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:54:48 AM

I support Ali Baba;life is better without the 3 media companies that decided to switch off themselves
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Mariacha
#149 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:07:41 AM

Ali Baba wrote:
GGK wrote:

Can't you live without TV?? I'm liking it now.I can do some reading,surfing the net,and not being a TV couch potato.They should switch off for a year.

Yeah and also the number of Soaps being aired every other hour has reduced. its like a breathe of fresh air..... kina alehandro wakae uko kwao wajipange.
the warmer the blankets, the colder the future
Alfylavie
#150 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 12:40:23 PM

nakujua wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

sad that his job is in the balance, lakini waache kutubeba wajinga - ati media freedom, so the likes of ebru tv, gbs, kiss tv ... are hyenas

Feelings pelekea jakowo midiwo na nduale Let all media get frequencies and freedom to broadcast their own content infact they'l do a better job than signet and pang' ati ebru tv, gbs, lolwe njata.. I'd rather scratch my ass the whole day than watch these low quality, lack of constructive contents, audio video out of sync in the name of digital..
Making money never gets boring
Jus Blazin
#151 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:38:10 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

Feelings pelekea jakowo midiwo na nduale Let all media get frequencies and freedom to broadcast their own content infact they'l do a better job than signet and pang' ati ebru tv, gbs, lolwe njata.. I'd rather scratch my ass the whole day than watch these low quality, lack of constructive contents, audio video out of sync in the name of digital..

Shida yako ni you are lost in a forest and can't find a single tree. You prefer your mexican soap filled station than a quality one like EbruTV. Which is international btw, with Ebru Africa the Kenyan one. Be informed, stop ranting about something you have no info about.
Alfylavie
#152 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:53:14 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

Shida yako ni you are lost in a forest and can't find a single tree. You prefer your mexican soap filled station than a quality one like EbruTV. Which is international btw, with Ebru Africa the Kenyan one. Be informed, stop ranting about something you have no info about.

If you dont need NTV,Ctzn,KTN then stop getting mad for them switching off and go watch that Ebru or whatever.. Y U mad? The so called self-switch-off stations are way beyond the league of the pretenders to the throne likes of 3 stone infact ebru goshhh!!you should know better.
Ngogoyo
#153 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 1:53:15 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

@Alfylavie are you listening to yourself....what freedoms are you talking about?....are you saying all those media stations on digital platform at the moment do not have freedomShame on you
Jus Blazin
#154 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:52:29 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

If you dont need NTV,Ctzn,KTN then stop getting mad for them switching off and go watch that Ebru or whatever.. Y U mad? The so called self-switch-off stations are way beyond the league of the pretenders to the throne likes of 3 stone infact ebru goshhh!!you should know better.

Feelings pelekea dentist. Who is mad? Isn't it you? Accept and move on. Digital migration is here to stay. We can't sympathize with media stations who saw it coming but did nothing, then start becoming cry babies. FYI, I never watch the big three. With internet, I can stream programs. But so that you know, the stations you call pretenders to the throne actually have a following. Like someone told you information is power.
kaka2za
#155 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:06:30 PM

I think am too old for wazua now because I find the following sentiments unpalatable!
1.Media freedom =Analogue TV
2.Advertising is dead without Analogue Tv
3.Digital migration is linked to 'chicken gate'

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Alfylavie
#156 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:20:10 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
Uhondo wrote:
Alfylavie wrote:

Na radio je?

Feelings pelekea dentist. Who is mad? Isn't it you? Accept and move on. Digital migration is here to stay. We can't sympathize with media stations who saw it coming but did nothing, then start becoming cry babies. FYI, I never watch the big three. With internet, I can stream programs. But so that you know, the stations you call pretenders to the throne actually have a following. Like someone told you information is power.

Thanks to the government for selling us to China and with support from its blind citizens.. Monopoly is back.. from KBC to KBC(Signet) analyze with your brains not your eyez
murchr
#157 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:24:48 PM

Huyu Alfy...thinks Wazua is made up of fools.....haha Get educated. TV is a luxury, those who cant afford set boxes or dint have time to set up transmitters, will catch up with the rest later. Who has died from not watching TV?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Alfylavie
#158 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:56:05 PM

murchr wrote:
Huyu Alfy...thinks Wazua is made up of fools.....haha Get educated. TV is a luxury, those who cant afford set boxes or dint have time to set up transmitters, will catch up with the rest later. Who has died from not watching TV?

hehehehe its the other side of the coin that also needs to be addressed first sio ku-rush yet china(our FTA decoder manufactures and content carrier) has set its final switch to 2018 why are we rushing yet the global switch is by 2021 WHY THE RUSH??
http://en.wikipedia.org/...al_television_transition
murchr
#159 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:09:58 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
murchr wrote:

hehehehe its the other side of the coin that also needs to be addressed first sio ku-rush yet china(our FTA decoder manufactures and content carrier) has set its final switch to 2018 why are we rushing yet the global switch is by 2021 WHY THE RUSH??
http://en.wikipedia.org/...l_television_transition

What is not manufactured in China? Even the comp/phone your using to yap here is made in China. Dont throw mud to the smart guy who saw an opportunity where the dinosaurs didnt see. The Chinese sat down and discussed with their stakeholders on their date, if its 2018 its their date, Kenyans set theirs to be 2013 that was over 10 years ago. We should learn to stick to our policies, if we're to be taken seriously. Now that you're bored let me share some clip to keep you busy
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
nakujua
#160 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:40:40 PM

Alfylavie wrote:
murchr wrote:

you are spot on @alf you have indeed opened up my mind to the truth, very insightful indeed - if the Chinese have not migrated why should we, heck - why do we even allow for a free media when the Chinese do not, we should even go ahead and ban democracy and introduce a council of elders to be choosing our president.

But you have a very valid point @alf, all the other media stations are crap - hata mimi nitangoja box za citizen, can't stand the other pretenders - I am actually disgusted at their sight, we should push for them to be banned, the content they are spewing around is outrageous and an affront to broadcasting standards.

Our three heroes, god sent saviors are fighting a gallant battle against the government that is leading us back to the dark days, selling our sovereignty to foreigners... smile