wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Ndunduri gwa Kiongo
Coolio
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 11:44:31 AM

The land of fear_zi, minji, cabbages, the biggest mandazis and chapoos I've ever seen! I guess essyk coz she hails from Ndosh is a momo!
Nadondosha meli kubwa seuze ngalawa!
essyk
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:17:22 PM

taragita
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Cupcake
#43 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 9:38:01 AM

essyk wrote:
taragita

Thanks Essyk for mentioning my trip to God.

That place is heavenly.. so productive but CHILLY even when the sun is high up....everyones wears heavy jackets and gumboots i guess to keep of the cold.

fear-zi ni mob n very cheap....but the mp should do something with the CDF kitty...roads are terrible, its like one is driving on a shamba..
i would like to buy a kamugunda there....how much would an acre cost me?
essyk
#44 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 9:53:07 AM

Cupcake wrote:
essyk wrote:
taragita

Thanks Essyk for mentioning my trip to God.

That place is heavenly.. so productive but CHILLY even when the sun is high up....everyones wears heavy jackets and gumboots i guess to keep of the cold.

fear-zi ni mob n very cheap....but the mp should do something with the CDF kitty...roads are terrible, its like one is driving on a shamba..
i would like to buy a kamugunda there....how much would an acre cost me?

Wow okay.I hope all went well.
I know that kind of annoying sun.It's experienced by people living close to the Mountain.
U see it but u cannot feel it's warmth.

The place is indeed fertile. Babies there are born with 28 teeth cz of the high fertility
Wonderful.I hear they skip breastfeeding and go straight to weaning after birth.
Mambo ya shamba price I got no idea really.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
willin2learn
#45 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 10:16:50 AM

Coolio wrote:
The land of fear_zi, minji, cabbages, the biggest mandazis and chapoos I've ever seen! I guess essyk coz she hails from Ndosh is a momo!

And all this were invented by Mzee Kiongo ama how does kiongo come in?
kysse
#46 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 11:10:36 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

hilarious origin of names and towns brought me here.

so who knows the origin of 'NDUNDURI GWA KIONGO'.
Laughing out loudly #dead#
masukuma
#47 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 8:41:46 AM

Coolio wrote:

lol! funny statements used to be made about the inhabitants of this place!! kupiga hodi kwa hoteli! e.t.c.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Siringi
#48 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:10:30 AM

pariah wrote:
I am loving this thread, i know a kisii who when he was called an otieno, he responded 'wacha matusi asubuhi asubuhi' they dont like one another that much

people feared Mzalendo Kibunjia or what? reads like a script outta hate speech smile Laughing out loudly smile Laughing out loudly

Now a friend got herself one of those nyamo cia rugurusmile so we ngo visit Nyamira

Kumbe some abagusii come from Bombo in Nyamira... yaani hizo tabia za ndundori copy and pasteApplause Applause Applause

Kunywa uchi in a gumboot, dancing to uji boiling knocking kwa hoteli, etc Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
yaani the worst matusi to @keraka is calling him omombo..

Wacha you mention omogere...abaisia wonder how they got cordedSad
"😖😡KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
FRM2011
#49 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:53:16 PM

Was going through KCPE rankings for 2013 and guess which school was leading from behind in Nakuru county. Ndundori pry school.

@wendz and @alma, this is a chance to give back to your community. Start something for ndundori pry school and we shall support.

A while back I sought support from wazuans for my former primary school and the response was amazing.

I was particularly impressed by one wazuan gentleman who offered to pay school fees to the best girl. His only condition; absolute confidentiality.
kysse
#50 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:57:26 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
alma
#51 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:11:41 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Was going through KCPE rankings for 2013 and guess which school was leading from behind in Nakuru county. Ndundori pry school.

@wendz and @alma, this is a chance to give back to your community. Start something for ndundori pry school and we shall support.

A while back I sought support from wazuans for my former primary school and the response was amazing.

I was particularly impressed by one wazuan gentleman who offered to pay school fees to the best girl. His only condition; absolute confidentiality.

They voted for TNA they may as well go get their laptops.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
Ngong
#52 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 10:15:19 AM

grew up on the opposite valley of this great place, the beauty of this place was destroyed during fuata nyayo error, malmanet,nyahururu,menengai forests were all cleared and grabbed not forgetting the aberdares towards njabini
Muriel
#53 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2014 11:18:46 AM

alma wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

They voted for TNA they may as well go get their laptops.

What a man! What a response! He is all here - Alma!

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
kysse
#54 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2015 10:58:40 PM

Welcome to ndundori.

plus porridge from a gumboot.
marko
#55 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 12:38:52 PM

kysse wrote:
Welcome to ndundori.

Is that a bloody chapati? *indian accent*
WHO DARES WINS
kayhara
#56 Posted : Sunday, December 27, 2015 12:44:28 PM

kysse wrote:
Welcome to ndundori.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly the legendary, big chapati
To Each His Own
Shak
#57 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 6:44:38 PM

love this thread
harrydre
#58 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 8:38:11 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
This is not meant to be disrespectful to anybody. It is an exploratory thread on common Kenyan cultures. For those who are overly sensitive on matters tribal please do not be offended. I am hoping that by people contributing honestly people will get a better understanding of how different people view each other.

It is my understanding that every tribe in Kenya feels superior to all the others and they all have their Jinga tribe. This may be a bit too sensitive to go into but if you can shed light on this without being offensive I would like to know how people from different tribes view others.

What is however more interesting is that within tribes people from different areas always feel superior to people from other areas and there are plenty of Jokes about Jinga people from certain areas. Among the Kikuyu, I think the most famous place is Ndunduri. People from Ndunduri especially a place called gwa Kiongo are supposedly not very bright and they do all sorts of funny things like drink Uji from their gumboots and knock on the door of Hotels before they go in. I have met many people from Ndunduri and they too laugh at these jokes but I wonder how they came about.

My question is, what is the origin of these stereotypes? Do you have them in other tribes and what are they?

I was driving to Nakuru from Nairobi through Njabini and somewhere past Tumaini, I saw a sign reading Ndondori Gwa Kiongo > >...I couldn't help remember this thread and just laughed. unfortunately my phone was dead and I wasn't able to snap the sign.smile
i.am.back!!!!
essyk
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 06, 2021 10:44:55 PM

A real time ndunduri mandazi.

lakini si hii ukipigwa nayo utalala icu.